Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

One with actual english language, alicat? I only saw one with english subs. (link me!)

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

*Squee* That outfit is so cute! ^_^ I definitely want to cosplay her, someday! *Drools over all of the jewelry*

Now I feel crazy-excited about the game all over again! xD

Plus... are her eyes green? I'm having a hard time telling. ^^;; That would mean a blissful day without contacts, for me. xD

Last edited by Kazephyr : 02-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
Summoner Luna
Apprentice Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazephyr View Post
*Squee* That outfit is so cute! ^_^ I definitely want to cosplay her, someday! *Drools over all of the jewelry*

Now I feel crazy-excited about the game all over again! xD

Plus... are her eyes green? I'm having a hard time telling. ^^;; That would mean a blissful day without contacts, for me. xD
I believe they are green...at least, that is how they appear in most of the screens that I have seen. *is jealous of your green eyes* I feel like I always end up playing green-eyed characters...Which definitely means contacts for me! <3

I'll be waiting... I'll be waiting here, so if you come here, you'll find me... I promise.
Summoner Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Luna View Post
I believe they are green...at least, that is how they appear in most of the screens that I have seen. *is jealous of your green eyes* I feel like I always end up playing green-eyed characters...Which definitely means contacts for me! <3
w00t! xD I've always though there weren't many green-eyed anime/video-game characters, honestly. ^^;; The only character I've been able to accurately cosplay without contacts has been Aerith. o_0;; It seems like I always pick brown-eyed characters, lol. ^^;;

Anyway, after staring at length at Amphigory's Innocent wig, I've come to a conclusion... Vanille has another one of those weird, unmatchable hair colors. T_T Why, Squeenix, why? The closest you could probably come to matching it without custom coloring would be Fire Red or Henna Red, but the Innocent doesn't come in those colors... :/

Last edited by Kazephyr : 02-04-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Unread 02-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Henna red does seem to be the best color. I had a wig that color before and, now that i think of it, its totally Henna Red.

Unread 02-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
Henna red does seem to be the best color. I had a wig that color before and, now that i think of it, its totally Henna Red.
Well, the Innocent wig does come in Henna Red, but when I hold up Vanille's picture to my Genesis wig... I dunno, I'm just really nitpicky about things like that. ^^;;

By the way, is it just me, or is Amphigory's Henna Red a lot darker than the Sepia chart's? Or is it just a trick of the lighting?

Last edited by Kazephyr : 02-04-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #22
shellypants

I'm having the SAME exact problem! Her hair isn't quite henna red IMO, its almost like a blonde that has been dyed over with a reddish hue, and then faded out.

I'm thinking that a custom dye job is in order. : Which I'm not thrilled about (last time I did it it turned out well, but the bathroom smelled of alcohol for a week!), but I will do if needed. <3
Unread 02-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #23
alicat
<3s thewinekone

@Jessi - Ah, no I meant the subbed one. xD

Yeah, I'd say her eyes are definitely green. That means contacts for me. To me her hair is a really weird pink/red/blonde mix. I agree with shellypants though, I'll probably end up doing a custom dye. This costume is going to be a lot of firsts for me: beading, contacts, dying, and moreee. Not to mention her bow is going to be difficult to make. I'm super excited to cosplay her though!

Future Cosplays
- Hachikuji : Bakemonogatari
- Nill : DOGS
- Ranka: Macross Frontier

Current Obsession : God of Study drama

~ NYAPPY! ~
o ( ) o
alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #24
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

I think Watermelon Red and Cotton Candy Pink dyed over blonde would work to achieve that color (if the color mixing chart on Katie's site is accurate xD)... I must admit, though, the references kind of vary. ^^;;

I'm excited to do all of the beading, though! ^_^
Unread 02-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #25
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

I'm excited to do the beading as well (i love beads!)

As far as her hair color, i see what you all mean about it not exactly being henna red...but i might just go with that color since:
A. Dying wigs is not my friend

Anyone already starting their Vanille? Do you feel weird cosplaying someone in an unreleased game? I know there are some Lightnings already, but a friend of mine is saying i should wait until the game releases. Thats no problem for me since i have tons to do, but the game releases in December this year (correct?) which is the same month as my wedding. No way can i work on a costume during that month or a couple months after since i'll be paying for other stuff...so i wanted to start it this summer or even earlier...

Unread 02-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
I'm excited to do the beading as well (i love beads!)

As far as her hair color, i see what you all mean about it not exactly being henna red...but i might just go with that color since:
A. Dying wigs is not my friend

Anyone already starting their Vanille? Do you feel weird cosplaying someone in an unreleased game? I know there are some Lightnings already, but a friend of mine is saying i should wait until the game releases. Thats no problem for me since i have tons to do, but the game releases in December this year (correct?) which is the same month as my wedding. No way can i work on a costume during that month or a couple months after since i'll be paying for other stuff...so i wanted to start it this summer or even earlier...
Beads have become my favorite aspect of costumes to work on. xD

I'm really scared of dyeing wigs, too, but honestly, Vanille's entire hairstyle scares me. xD I'd have to straighten out an Innocent, and relocate the pigtails a bit lower... I've really grown to hate styling wigs.

I'll probably get started on mine in late summer or fall, since I'll be too swamped with other things until after this year's cons are over. ^^;; I might still be working on it over /next/ winter though, depending on how busy I am with other projects... Frankly, I'd like to wait for a few more refs before I work on her weapon or skirt. ^^;;
Unread 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #27
Sushi Monster
Fatty McFatFat

In regards to her hair, cosplay wig has a great wig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2

Though they jacked up their prices recently D:

I saw her design and immediately had to cosplay it haha. Makes me want to play the game, too!

And have some references:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...icgrl/fam3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cgrl/Wolba.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...l/291xiii7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...l/291xiii6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...l/291xiii3.jpg
Unread 02-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #28
Summoner Luna
Apprentice Summoner

Kazephyr - I suppose I think so many characters have green eyes since I am primarily an Aerith cosplayer so I just end up wearing my green contacts more than anything...though oddly I have brown eyes, and rarely do brown eyed characters! We switched, it seems...XD

I will more than likely end up just buying a pre-styled wig whenever I make Vanille, as I have absolutely no aptitude for styling wigs :-\ Unless the price difference is more than the effort for me try and style it, at least! I just know my own skill with a hairbrush...

My friend and I were thinking of doing Vanille and Lightning at Katsu next year but...I almost want to make her later this year. I would prefer once it is at least released in Japan, however, just to get better screencaps and reference photos. But...well, I never do weather appropriate costumes, and I also am rather tan-especially in the summers!-and since she is not *quite* as pale as most of the other FF females, I would love to play her in the summer...A good warm-weather costume, and my skin tone would not look quite so off!

I'll be waiting... I'll be waiting here, so if you come here, you'll find me... I promise.
Summoner Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #29
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Monster View Post
In regards to her hair, cosplay wig has a great wig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2
Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for that link! ^_^

You just saved me from a long and miserable process of wig dyeing and despair... xD

Summoner Luna: That is weird. xD I seriously always seem to pick characters with brown or blue eyes (Aerith was a pleasant rest from contacts). ^^;;

Last year, I actually got sick from the heat because of a weather-inappropriate costume. >_<;; So, I've decided to make a conscious effort to pick summery costumes from now on, Vanille included. ^^;;

I'm definitely waiting for more refs before I even start on her skirt... I think it's pretty safe to work on her beading and top, though. ^^
Unread 02-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
Sushi Monster
Fatty McFatFat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazephyr View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for that link! ^_^

You just saved me from a long and miserable process of wig dyeing and despair... xD
Haha no problem, I'm getting that wig myself. I love Cosplay wig and use a lot of their stuff, despite the fact that their prices just keep on rising and rising...but it's too convenient and the colors just right. D: