Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #46
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

Nah, I ordered it... Mondayish? So no pictures on my end for a few more weeks. It'll be good to see different views of the wig.

I really wish that the release date for Japan would be decided; all this not knowing is drving me crazy! I went and looklooklooked for pictures of her, and I think I found one that hasn't been posted on this thread yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 871098-capture27.jpg (72.3 KB, 0 views)
Enny is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #47
Su Ying

Lightbulb front

I think the wig is a little bit to orange, because her hair is mix of pink and orange but the style is great Im just not sure of the back.

But here comes the reason for my post:
http://www.cosplay.com/attachment.ph...d=12394857 64

Its a front view, ok ok its realy bad and you cant see much but thats all I could found and its the best screen snap I could take. Maby somebody finds the trailer in better quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vanilla.jpg (15.8 KB, 0 views)
Su Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #48
chexlleim
I am CANADIAN!

hmm, thanks. I think i wont make this costume until i can find a better quality picture. Thanks once more =)

chexlleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #49
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

My wig arrived today! 8D I'll have pictures up tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully the back isn't as bad as I think it is. =/

Su Ying, the wig actually has pink fibers in it, as well as the orange, and judging from all the different screenshots we have available, I think the color is pretty close to perfect.
Unread 04-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #50
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Is it the cosplaywig version? I dont think they have it listed right now *cries*

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #51
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
Is it the cosplaywig version? I dont think they have it listed right now *cries*
Don't worry, they restock pretty quickly. If you need it in a hurry, I think you can E-mail them about it and they'll put it up as soon as possible. ^_^

I'm really loving the way her outfit looks from the front. ^^ I'm excited to get started, so I think I'll buy some of the materials as soon as I wrap up the costumes I need for this year's con season. ^^ *Is getting really excited about FFXIII*
Unread 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #52
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

I was still waiting on the release of the game before i start the costume...now, the game has been pushed back! Prehaps i'll just go ahead with the costume lol

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #53
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

Yep, the cosplaywig one. And Jessi-chan, they do have one available right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-13...QQcmdZViewItem

I was so excited when they relisted it the beginning of April; I had been stalking it since February. *zips off to go take pictures*

--EDIT--

Erm. The wig is pretty, and soft, and fits, and the color is amazing, but the back just sucks.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34qrcra&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jb4fur&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=j8jl7q&s=5

They did not make a proper backpart; it looks to me like they just made the fiber in the middle all ratty for volume. It's so curled and deformed right next to the netting that I'm afraid of taking it down and brushing it to put it back up. The ponytails are also a little too long, and a little too ringlet-y. I went and adjusted the bangs so they were accurate, and it looks pretty swell from the front, but with the back... I don't think I'll be wearing this out in public.

TL;DR, the cosplaywig for Oerba ain't worth your money.

Last edited by Enny : 04-16-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: stuff to add, and to avoid doubleposting
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #54
shellypants

Ahhh, damnit! I had a feeling that it would be like that in the back, but I was giving cosplaywig the benefit of the doubt since so many people have had good experiences with them. Mine should be getting here soon as I ordered mine last Tuesday... I wonder if I could transfer some wefts around...

Enny: are the pigtails pretty thick? Length isn't a problem - its easy to make something shorter. If you ultimately decide that you don't want yours I will buy it from you for wefts (I am willing to pay what you paid, no worries)... but I guess I'll see how I feel about Frankenstein-ing after I have a look at mine.

SIIIIIGH.

I will say I think the color & front of the wig look pretty close to the references, at the very least!

Last edited by shellypants : 04-16-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: adding stuff
shellypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #55
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

I know! I even went and checked the feedback from folks who had purchased the previous Vanille wigs, and they were all super positive. =/

The pigtails are decently thick; they come tied with white cord-thingies. I get the feeling the wig would look really nice with the hair let down, but I'm too afraid to try that yet. I'll keep that idea in mind, if you do decide you want to try to fix yours up. =)

I spent a while just looking at the colors of the fibers; I think our best bet at this point would be an Innocent from Amphigory in the lighter pink, and then dye it with a light orange.
Unread 04-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #56
shellypants

Oh man. -_-; I will be playing with the wig big time, to see if I can salvage it without resorting to more desperate measures.

The innocent wig I bought for my Penelo had the exact opposite problem - once you took down the pigtails it had a massive hole in the middle devoid of fiber. Which turned out fine with the addition of a few wefts, and might be a problem for Vanille as well, since she has low-set piggies.

I am hoping that they were lazy and threw a normal wig into pigtails, so I can harvest the ones that aren't seen/used in the middle and transfer them to the back. X)

I am going to try the zig-zag method too... I think/hope my wig will be here today or tomorrow if yours has arrived already. Tho I don't know where you live, Enny.

I am determined to use this wig darnit, I love the color. XD Plus it was a tad expensive after shipping. XD;;

If I figure out a solution that doesn't require purchasing another wig, I will post a photo tutorial to cosplay.com.
Unread 04-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #57
shellypants

OK, my wig came in... I was expecting the worst.

Like Enny said, the color is GORGEOUS. Mine isn't really very orange, more pinkish with an orange tint.

The back was a teeny bit messy, but when the wig is on honestly it looks just fine. No skintop, but it does have enough fiber in the back part to hide the mesh.

Between my experience and the positive feedback for cosplaywig, I am wondering if you got a dud, Enny. :/ The back of your wig looks really nasty compared to mine - I'll post a pic once the camera charges.
Unread 05-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #58
eemee

Do you have any pics yet, shelly? I was considering ordering this soon. Thanks!
Unread 05-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #59
Sirene
Love made you into this.

Vanille is totally on my cosplay list~! We have a whole FFXIII group planned for ACEN 2010. Hopefully we can have a few people do the Versus and Agito characters, too~.

I'll definitely be stalking this thread. I can't wait to do the beading for the costume, it's going to be a ton of fun!

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Miss Martian, stealth suit (Young Justice)
- Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom)
- Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Sirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #60
Gleep
Skee

I actually ordered a Vanille wig from cosplaywig a few months ago and I have to say that the back of mine doesn't look nearly as bad as yours does Enny. D:

Here's how mine looked before I did anything to it:
Back of wig.

The top is a little bit messy, but it's super easy to fix. Like everyone else has said before me, the color is absolutely amazing. <3

I guess it's just luck of the draw if you decide to order from them. :\
Gleep is offline   Reply With Quote