Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #616
omgitsnessy

well, i have the money to buy these things. (i just need my mom to order them...)

but she won't. i can pay for all of it, too. but - do you think those beads will still be there in february? that's the only time that i can do it... does he/she restock often? do they keep their items for a long time (doesn't get rid of certain stock?)
omgitsnessy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #617
orah257
Don't forget to smile! :D

Yes they do re-stock. I bought mine in March, and they are still here in November. They should still be there in Feb. (They re-stocked about 2 times during that time frame.)
orah257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #618
JoyMason
Now Joy Sutton!

Something I think this thread may appreciate, just finished a commission for a Vanille cosplayer. She wanted a version of her staff that no one has done before and would turn heads, so I created the Heavenly Axis for her:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3142960/

Tutorials, showcases and materials reviews!
JoyMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #619
Tifa ~
Vanilla flavour

Joy Sutton, your props are always wonderful! I never thought that somebody would have made a folding weapon just like hers.

I really need a suggestion, girls! I suck at make-up, so I'm asking you what should I use for my Vanille cosplay? Or what do you usually wear? I wear black eye-liner, a light coloured foundation, and a reddish blush. I've noticed that the face looks good, but the eyes are too "heavy" with all the black I put on them, what do you suggest?
Tifa ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #620
Yuurisans

@Tifa ~ You should try putting a natural light brown eyeshadow and put on pencil eyeliner than liquid eyeliner (don't put too much). I would suggest fake eyelashes, they make the eyes look bigger and try the highlighter. The highlights will emphasize your features. There are some good tutorials out there to look at, good luck~
Unread 02-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #621
Tifa ~
Vanilla flavour

This will help, thanks a lot ^^
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #622
han-pan

So I have borrowed my friend's Vanille costume and am altering it to fit and making new pieces as I need to. I just spent six hours today stringing beads and attaching them....my god. XD;;

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...P/498fb4f1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...P/61b34166.jpg

The only trouble I am having is figuring out how to hang the back paddle. I am very limited in the money I have available for this outfit, especially considering the money I have had to spend to replace pieces of the outfit that broke. I have one length of brown leather, which is around my neck in those pictures. It doesn't fit over my head right though xD;; so I have been thinking of using a black leather cord I have lying around, but would the black look odd? You probably wouldn't see much of it....the only alternatives I have are embroidery floss and hemp :/

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #623
muckfuffins

I was limited on time and money myself and ended up putting all the beads together the night before the con, but for a hack and slash job it did hold up really nicely and you can't even tell lol.

I used generic leather string that you can get at a craft store and cut two pieces of equal length that were long enough that it would fit around my head. I took one end and glued it between the two layers of craft foam for the back plate-thing (by that I mean sandwiching it between the bottom layer and the pieces on top, which was by far the most annoying part of this process) and then the other two ends I glued to the little leather thing in the front that attaches all the beads together. My dad happened to have cement glue from his model airplanes lying around so my boyfriend just slathered it on and it became seriously rock-solid. I don't think it's ever going to come off, no matter how much I pry at it.

It isn't totally professional or anything but it worked for me and was really cheap XD

The entire central beading, waist beads and back piece all easily come on as one big piece, and the chest beads go on last. It made getting it on and off SO much easier. If anything, judging from your first pic, you could probably stand to lower the back plate a little bit further, then that way it's a little easier to make it so that it'll fit over your head.

I hope that made enough sense. I can't take pics as I'm not at home (living in a different city until May) but if it didn't, I can try drawing a crappy diagram XD

Good luck ^^
(long post is long @_@)
muckfuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #624
han-pan

That is actually super super helpful! Thank you so much!!! Did you have a problem at all with the beads or the paddle pulling in one way or another? For the picture I took, I tucked the back paddle under the short leather piece I had around my neck, so I definitely agree on lowering it when I attach it. Do you think black leather cord would work? How much of it is actually going to be visible? Would anyone even notice its black? XD;;

For my beads, I have torso and chest beads attached at the sternum, and the waist beads wrap around and just kinda hang on the torso set. All of the ones that go around my body are strung on elastic, so they stretch :3

Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

Unread 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #625
muckfuffins

Oh good, I'm glad I was of some help!

You mean did the center beads end up sliding up and down? They did at first, but if you just take the string at the bottom and attach to a safety pin, you can pin it to the inside of your skirt, and that completely fixed my problem I think one of the girls here talked about that a long while back. Plus, the belt also covers it up a little bit XD

And honestly, I don't think it would make a difference if it is a black leather cord or not. I'd think that if someone were to notice, they'd have to be looking preeetty closely, and I mean, if you find it does bother you, craft stores usually sell rolls with enough string in 'em for no more than $4. Plus, the necklaces cover up a lot of the string too, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. ^^
muckfuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #626
han-pan

Lol gotta add in the cost of time and driving, which does add up to quite a bit more than that. xD;; I think I will stick with black :3 Thank you so much!!!!

(I will admit, I did not read though 42pages,.....sorry thread ; 3; )

Unread 03-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #627
han-pan

update!! All I have left to do is the belt! Wooooo~ <3

Unread 06-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #628
Tifa ~
Vanilla flavour

Girls, I need some help! In this thread I've seen that someone posted the link of a video in which there is a tutorial for weaving something like the handle of her weapon. I'd really need it, but I can't remember the name of this technique and I don't want to read again all the 40 pages of the thread. Does anyone remember it?
Unread 06-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #629
Tifa ~
Vanilla flavour

Ok, I solved it. Anyway, I'm selling my folding Healer's staff, if anyone is interested http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292554
Unread 06-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #630
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

Hey has anyone else noticed the texture of Vanille's skirt yet? Here's some screenshots..

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=leather.png

To me the texture looks like a leathery type. Is it just me?

(I hope that link works! XP)
ToxicFantasyVII is offline   Reply With Quote