Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Unread 11-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Stien's lab coat?

I am not really sure if i should make it from scratch or mod it from a real one.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...8jSd2XI7ApoZSl

It seems to be somewhat snug on him but seems to look loose in some moments.
I have a few ideas but not sure how to make the stich patches work without cutting up the labcoat in the first place. I am open to any ideas

Unread 11-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Honestly, modding one would be extremely easy..
You are awesome or this though and you should cosplay him when I cosplay Spirit!! lol

Anyway, Getting a lab coat and grey yarn and making holes amd making it LOOK like it's holding it together would be the easierst option.You would need to sew around the areas that it "hold parts together" that aren't already seams, though. Like around the hips on the second picture, you would need to creakt seams there to look right.

If you get a lab coat and need help, text me..I can do it for you if you need
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Honestly, modding one would be extremely easy..
You are awesome or this though and you should cosplay him when I cosplay Spirit!! lol

Anyway, Getting a lab coat and grey yarn and making holes amd making it LOOK like it's holding it together would be the easierst option.You would need to sew around the areas that it "hold parts together" that aren't already seams, though. Like around the hips on the second picture, you would need to creakt seams there to look right.

If you get a lab coat and need help, text me..I can do it for you if you need
Yea I just need the wig cap and wig that will fit my head and the rest is easy.

hmm yea i keep thinking his lab coat is special and not not like any in the real world. Ill have to find one long enough. Although yarn and i have not had the best relationship. but it will have to work, not like any other material would work. but ill see what i can do.

but ill probally need your help, a second person/set of eyes allways helps make sure it turns out allright. Im glad his pants are not like that though and the shirt should be a piece of cake.
Unread 12-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

For the wigs, yea like in your wig thread, any wig cap will fit you, just go to the sallys over in north auburn (since you live this way I can tell you where to go specifically). It's the closest one to you. They are in the back right corner of the store..Then get the magnum from arda in light grey. They WILL fit you.

Lab coats are actually suppose to be long like that. If they aren't, then they might not be lab coats..Well if you can find grey rope, that would work too..Yard is just easier to use in this case..

I'll be glad to help you. Just let me know and we can come get you one weekend or something. We still remember where you live.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 12-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Deemer

depending on how much money you are willing to spend, you could take a look at this coat.
http://www.justlabcoats.com/ProductS...?scode=XL-1006

It can go all the way up to 50 inches long, and has a text box where you can ask for specific things (like "no vented back" or "no chest pocket" or "no buttons")

As suggested, yarn for the coats "stitches" is the best way to go. when I did my coat(as seen in my profile), I hand sewed one continues length of yarn right into each section of the coat. Its simple enough to do, but could take a little while
Deemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemer View Post
depending on how much money you are willing to spend, you could take a look at this coat.
http://www.justlabcoats.com/ProductS...?scode=XL-1006

It can go all the way up to 50 inches long, and has a text box where you can ask for specific things (like "no vented back" or "no chest pocket" or "no buttons")

As suggested, yarn for the coats "stitches" is the best way to go. when I did my coat(as seen in my profile), I hand sewed one continues length of yarn right into each section of the coat. Its simple enough to do, but could take a little while
I have worn jackets and coats close to that length before, i would have to make sure it would be good for my height. I would rather have it be fit to me that be dragging on the ground at connon length. But his is split at the bottom in the back right?

what kind or brand of yarn would you recommend and color wise? I know i would need help modding it i am not as confident about modding cloth or fabrics as i am props or armor.

I am not sure about his shirt but i think i know what to do. Use a shirt that is the main color of his and stitch the color of fabric around his torso like the jacket but more sewn in actually.

The pants i would think would be dressy slacks as most doctors wear and the shoes should be easy to find.
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Yea just bring it to me. I can do all of it. I can do the shirt too. Really just go to Wal-Mart and grab any yarn in grey. You aren't needing it to actually hold it, just to look like it, so it can be anything and as for the length, on that site you can pick what length you want. Just measure from the top of your shoulder, to the length you want it. If its in between 2 sizes, get there bigger one and I can hem it. I'll also need to hem the sleeves since you're shorter. Not a big deal though.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 12-02-2013 at 12:24 PM.