Unread 07-23-2003, 10:05 PM   #1
True_Sanosuke
this is from my heart

Advice about weight

I was woundering whats a good way to lose 20lbs
True_Sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2003, 10:08 PM   #2
the_tennyo

be like conner, dont eat, excerise, and again dont eat, but that is not healthy at all **the not eating part**
the_tennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Kusanagi
Pimp of the Caribbean

Cut back on the calorie intake and excersize, there really is no other quick way to do it.
Kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Mouse
Village Idiot: Wanted

Find some sort of sport or activity that your really like.. such as DDR And then just try to cut down you calories.. watch your serving sizes too, often the recommended serving size is a lot less than you would think. Don't skip meals, breakfast is especially important.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:34 PM   #5
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Personally, I still havent figured it out. Somehow, I lost some weight in the short time since AX. I don't know that happenned, all I know is that when I bought my Zeon ring at AX, I had to wear it as a pinkie ring, but now it'll fit on my ring finger......
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:43 PM   #6
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

The only way to lose 5 pounds, or 50 pounds: consume fewer calories than you expend. Eat less, eat healthy, and exercise.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 10:45 PM   #7
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

Or just be 20 pounds heavier and happy
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:09 PM   #8
Shinkokami
~*=*~*=*~*=*~

Quote:
Originally posted by the_tennyo
be like conner, dont eat, excerise, and again dont eat, but that is not healthy at all **the not eating part**
If you have a weight watchers in your area try that. Not only does it set you on proper eating / excersizing habits, you loose weight healthily. Not eating sends your body into starvation mode which basically means you metabolism SLOWS down.. and A LOT. People who are excersizing, and eating healthy (but not enough) gain weight because of this. I've seen it happen. You'll probably loose weight faster, and in a way that's better for your body if you do it with a local program.
Raison d'etre onaji you ni waratte, shizunde nakareru no wa naze
Tabi o sou dashiterunda zutto sou dashiterunda
Shinkokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:13 PM   #9
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

Try and cut down your intake in carbs. I've done that and I have lost over 25 lbs now. Exercise and drink plently of water as well.
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:33 PM   #10
Shinkokami
~*=*~*=*~*=*~

Quote:
Originally posted by AshleyV
Try and cut down your intake in carbs. I've done that and I have lost over 25 lbs now. Exercise and drink plently of water as well.
Water. Yes, water is *definately* the key. Drink lots and LOTS of water. If your drinkig any less than 6-8 cups a day at the minimum you are NOT drinking enough water. (1 cup is 8 ounces)
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:44 PM   #11
Chanté
da bananaz

Quote:
Originally posted by AshleyV
The low/no carb diet is the most effective and quick method I've heard of. Unfortunately, carbs are in a LOT of things generally considered good for other conventional diets, like pasta and bread. (NOT that those foods are unhealthy in any way at all - they are just high in carbs. ^^;)

This diet works quickly because your body then resorts to getting energy (something it obviously needs on a daily basis) from your fat. Bye bye pounds! :D

here's something you can use to gauge how many carbs your food has. http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

and here's some info on the Atkins diet and a sample meal plan - http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-an...kins-diet.html

:D Good luck!!

Sailor-Jupiter.net | Cristina's Tiki Journal | Sailor JAM-boree

University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
~ Class of 2011!! ~
Chanté is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 11:53 PM   #12
Shinkokami
~*=*~*=*~*=*~

Quote:
Originally posted by bananaluvs
The low/no carb diet is the most effective and quick method I've heard of. Unfortunately, carbs are in a LOT of things generally considered good for other conventional diets, like pasta and bread. (NOT that those foods are unhealthy in any way at all - they are just high in carbs. ^^;)

This diet works quickly because your body then resorts to getting energy (something it obviously needs on a daily basis) from your fat. Bye bye pounds! :D

here's something you can use to gauge how many carbs your food has. http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

and here's some info on the Atkins diet and a sample meal plan - http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-an...kins-diet.html

:D Good luck!!
I know quite a few people that went on the Atkins - my parents included. 95% of those people lost weight very quickely and effectively (my dad lost 40 pounds in 2 or so weeks). But, the problem is as soon as you go off the diet you gain it all back in less than a week - so according to the people I've talked to. Not to mention it doesn't seem very healthy to me to live off a diet based on eating all fat.

I mentioned it earlier but Weight Watchers is in my opinion a very effective program. You may not loose weight as fast as other diets (guaranteed 1-3 lbs. a week) but it's at least a good way to learn healthy and effective eating habits and such, while cutting down on your weight at the same time ^^

www.weightwatchers.com
Unread 07-24-2003, 12:05 AM   #13
neoangelwink
waiting

eat only veggys, water and some rice. do much running , biking, any else that make moive do this for hour a day. idid this for cleaning diet, in 7 day i lose 7 pound last year. did do this poruse at frist it just happen.felt pretty good afther words. then tryed for 12 day u i got really sick.
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2003, 12:17 AM   #14
Shinobu
Make me Shining

I agree with Shinkokami that Weight Watchers is great. I lost 15 pounds on it two years ago, and this year I've lost 20 pounds since June and I'm still going. The best part about the diet is that you get to choose the foods you like as long as you dont eat too much of it, and the weight will stay off permanently. The meetings are expensive, but if you have enough will power, you only need the booklet they give you on the first meeting. ^_~

Oh yeah I also agree w/ Shinokokami about the Atkins thing too! Same with the grapefruit diet or starvation diets, it will all just come back. If you want more tips from dieters, here's another topic about dieting.
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...threadid=16780

Last edited by Shinobu : 07-24-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Shinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2003, 12:31 AM   #15
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

hmm, yeah, if you're just planning on first losing the pounds then start eating right and eat three balanced meals a day, so your metabolism can start getting into a healthy system of burning what you eat, as you long as you're watching what you eat. After losing the initial weight, then you can work more on toning by doing situps and crunches, while doing running or walking every other day....that's how i lost a lot of weight last summer....unfortunatly I have to get back to toning, I'm at my suggested weight, but still got some flab :P