Unread 05-06-2002, 11:47 PM   #1
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Hey-la, 'nother new person!

Guess how I got here?

You will never guess.

Could it be...

...that I know Justin?! X_X

HAHA! You are only half-right, then. I do know Justin but only vaguely and through Erin *waggles fingers at persistent nagging girl* and it was she who told me to come register. So I figure if I'm going to go to all that trouble to keep HER happy, I might as well introduce myself.

Oh, and I like cosplay too. Dur ^_^v

I'm planning on going to A-kon this year which will be my first time cosplaying at a convention...I suppose it doesn't quite count as first time cosplaying since I show off stuff for friends, and wore my Team Rocket uniform to school for Halloween...Chase still calls me Team Rocket @_@ But it is more exciting at a con.

Someone tell me how I managed to get two costumes together that I plan to wear at A-kon that BOTH HAVE LONG SLEEVES? Heehee. Summer. Texas. Oh well, I am used to horse camp, and THAT is some hot work out in the sun.

You are friendly people. I like friendly people! I am friendly people too. All of me o_O;

Er, I am done now.
Ali-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2002, 11:53 PM   #2
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Summer + Texas + Longsleeve costume = eeeew!!!

That stinks!! Oh well I bet it'll look great anyway! HOw did your school take to the Team Rocket cosplay on halloween? I bet that was awesome lol ^_^ I'd go to A-kon but I'm maxed out with costumes I need to get done for AX. There's always next year. Plus I don't exactly want to run into my friends from back home in san antonio either cuz they go to A-kon every year. >o
Unread 05-06-2002, 11:59 PM   #3
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

*snorks* I know there was a paragraph break between 'eeewww' and 'that stinks' but... *L* I certainly HOPE not! ...come to think of it, at horse camp I don't know whether -I- smelled bad or not because I always smelled like horse o_O;

...that is a bad train of thought and I will discontinue it, aaahh >_<

Team Rocket was fun despite the fact that I had to explain to a bunch of people because they did not understand the R. Grr to people who do not understand the coolness of lame kids' cartoons! Next year I will have to wear something more exciting for Halloween. Like Naoki! XD (avatar icon ^_~ I lo~o~ove Naoki)

Why not run into friends from San Antonio? o_O Friends are great! Unless...are they scary stalker friends?! *hides*
Unread 05-07-2002, 01:33 AM   #4
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Just friends from highschool I'm NOT interested in seeing. (One of which hates HATES Aeris with a passion and would follow me around giving me a headache the entire convention. -_- Huu.. too hot in Texas!
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #5
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

agh..i can relate!
I was dressed in black satin, full length sleeves and a tight lycra vest when i dressed up as Ryudo for Otakon...was sweltering the moment i stepped out of the convention centre...
Ironically I dressed up as Orphen and Zero Enna in two different Katsucons...Zero could only survive 3-4 hours before i couldn't take the cold...and with the Orphen costume i made the mistake of helping a friend find an ATM in the Viriginia in early february...the wind chill factor didn't help matters....

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #6
MegaMako

Wow.. That is hard-core!

This summer, I have picked a few characters that wear nice summer type clothing. Although, I still have a few that don't... Might just wear them in the evenings. All I remember last summer was sweating out that water faster than I could drink it.. And fainting was on my mind as well. Ofcourse, I don't think I was wearing as much pleather.

MegaMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

YES I'm glad that most of my costumes are sleeve-less and backless >D I'll b fine for A-Kon weather mwahahahahahaha
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2002, 07:31 PM   #8
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

To Rosiel...

Zero Enna

I've seen a few CFG costumes around...
Oh yeah..the hair was not styled like that..I kinda woke up with it looking that way....

Unread 05-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #9
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

*checks out MK pic*

Zero! That is very cute *inspired to watch her eps...but only has 7, sniffle, cry*

I hear all sorts of babble from people in the Ecchi Fangirls Club who like that show but since I have not even watched but one of my eps...I am sadly in the dark ^^;
I always just call it Megami Kouhosei x_@ I get confused between fansub/official release titles and it makes my brain explode.

I think I can survive wearing long sleeved costumes that are at least breatheable cotton and not tight fitting pleather or something *dies* Good lord, I bet I couldn't wear that stuff if it WASN'T hot ^^; *very impressed*

...oh, Nietsche - *waves Yay Flag for 'boshi twins* Heh, checked out your other pictures ^_~
Unread 05-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #10
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Plot, schmot, who needs plot? XD
Er, um, I suppose some people do...

*shrugs* If it has a good plot, I will watch it even if it hurts my eyes...conversely, even if it has no plot to speak of (or even if it TRIES to have one and it kind of limps along and dies o_O) I watch it for the eye candy ;3 And, MK has fantastimoneous prettiness! *neeheehee's at Erin, stealing her word*

...por qué no te gusta Amiboshi~?
Unread 05-07-2002, 08:13 PM   #11
MegaMako

Rosiel:

I will be cosplaying as Xion from Bloody Roar, Ryu Hayabusa from DOA3 (the new C3 costume from the japanese version/add on disk), Brad Wong from DOA3 (another cool summer costume) and then Sephiroth from FF7(hot hot.. Phew.. I can feel the heat!) and Dante from Devil May Cry (another hot costume.. ahh).

I have a bigger version of my tiny pic here for ya:

Sephiroth Fanime2K2

We might have met at last year's AX. I was the Black Haired Sephi there. My shoulder pads got pretty much destroyed by the last day of the con. I had white plastic bags wrapped around them on the last day. LOL.

Hope to see you at AX!! Rosiel kicks butt!

Unread 05-07-2002, 08:14 PM   #12
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Wagh! You've checked out my other pix....My Amiboshi and Suboshi were my first few costumes (Actually Shoma was the first)..and I have this thing about twins too! Yung/Yang, LeiLei/LinLin..umm..those Ryujoji twins in Jubei-chan.....Naria/Eria...eek..I'm struggling now...
Anyway...Since I did Amiboshi (I used to play the flute for a short time)....I thought that I simply had to make Suboshi for sake of completeness...It was truly mad at my first Otakon changing from one twin to the other every 30 minutes or so..or whenever the mood struck...ya could almost call me schitzo....

And more Megami Kouhousei cosplay in the future too as I shall tackle that cool white pilot uniform that Zero wears in the opening credits!

Last edited by Nietsche : 05-07-2002 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 05-07-2002, 11:14 PM   #13
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Talking

Rina/Eilie, Palom/Porom, Bud/Lisa!
Hehe... Sorry. HAD to add those. Gotta love the fantastimoneous RPG twins!

Ahhh! Mr. Nietsche person, your costumes are so cool! And you are doing Reid?! That is so awesome! Will you have him at AX? *pokepokepoke* I want to take pictures with more Tales cosplayers! Although I don't think I'll have my Quickie done by AX, at least I'll have my old standby of Philia Philis from Tales of Destiny. XD

Erin
Philia Philis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2002, 11:27 PM   #14
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Megamako:

> We might have met at last year's AX.

It just came into place. We didn't meet but I did see you around a lot as I trudged back and forth in the dealer's room. ^___^

You might have seen me walking around, I was hard to miss with the three wings. (Picture)

> Rosiel kicks butt

Yay! Let's hear it for villains! Villains get so under-appreciated. ;___;

I have another Rosiel planned for AX... full length black vinyl Atziluth costume... lovely but about as comfortable as your Dante, sadly.

> Hope to see you at AX!!

Hope to see you too! It's always fun to meet new people to hang out with at cons... especially at AX because it's SO big you tend to feel a little lost...
Unread 05-08-2002, 12:14 AM   #15
MegaMako

Rosiel:

Oh yeah!.. I definately remember you now. I remember walking past you outside between the dealer's room and the cosplay hangout. I remember saying to myself, "Wow! Now that is a costume!!" You are awesome.

I will surely keep an eye out for ya at the con. It is going to be so fun!