Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Virginian cosplayers?

Any Virginian cosplayers floating around? I checked the forum and noticed the question hadn't been asked so I figured I'd throw it out there. Seems that ol' VA is starting to get into the con spirit....
Gunther is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
Naraba Cosplay

So like, Virginia state? xD I've never heard of it as Virginian lol but my husband's from VA but now we're in WI so I guess we're not cool anymore ;P I make the cosplay and he loves to wear it haha We go and visit VA when we can! We're heading back for a week visit this early July to see his family. He's from Pulaski, VA - it's 1hr from Roanoke ,30 min Wytheville and about 30 min from Radford. Glad to hear that VA is gettin' it's cosplay on! Are there any cons there?! I'd love to get a two-for-one deal with a con and visiting family :3
Naraba Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraba Cosplay View Post
So like, Virginia state? xD I've never heard of it as Virginian lol but my husband's from VA but now we're in WI so I guess we're not cool anymore ;P I make the cosplay and he loves to wear it haha We go and visit VA when we can! We're heading back for a week visit this early July to see his family. He's from Pulaski, VA - it's 1hr from Roanoke ,30 min Wytheville and about 30 min from Radford. Glad to hear that VA is gettin' it's cosplay on! Are there any cons there?! I'd love to get a two-for-one deal with a con and visiting family :3
Yeppers. Virginia state! And since your hubby is from here, you're a Virginian through marriage. Yay you! =D
I've been to Pulaski but I'm located closer to Charlottesville and Lynchburg.
As for the cons, it's growing here. I've just started jumping onto the con train but so far there are a few I know of (VA Beach Comicon - August, Wizard World Richmond Comicon - September ,Tidewater Comicon - October & Roanoke Valley Comicon - October). Trying to get a small group gathered to hit a few of them up. It's wild to realize how many of your friends actually don't mind dressing up in costumes on a day other than Halloween!!
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Yes, the state of Virginia! That's what I mean =D And that just makes you Virginian by marriage. Yay for you! And I've been to Pulaski... once... I think. I'm closer to Charlottesville and Lynchburg myself.
Well, you have a few popping up: VA Beach Comicon, Tidewater Comicon, Roanoke Valley Comicon, Wizard World Richmond Comic Con. Unfortunately, there are none in July -.-
Unread 05-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #5
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Well, they're not in July but you have Tidewater Comicon [Oct. 18], Roanoke Valley Comicon [I believe they're having another round in Oct.], Virginia Beach Comicon [Aug. 16-17] and Wizard World Richmond Comic Con [Sept. 12-14]. =D
Unread 05-14-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Naraba Cosplay

lol yes yay me! VA is a beautiful state Just talked to the hubby - he said we'd try and hit one next year for sure (he's currently thinking the Roanoke Valley one?). Either way would have to be next year as we're too booked right now )': recently married so everything to get done etc. Will keep in touch and make sure to coordinate something with all of you other VA cosplayers for a con next year :3 !! What would you say is the biggest con in VA?
Unread 05-14-2014, 04:52 AM   #7
SirMarty
Gaming Legend

I'm surprised that nerdy/geeky events such as cons happen in this dreary state.

I currently live in Virginia Beach, but even though I'm most likely not going to be able to go I have my eyes set on New York Comic Con.
SirMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
lol yes yay me! VA is a beautiful state Just talked to the hubby - he said we'd try and hit one next year for sure (he's currently thinking the Roanoke Valley one?). Either way would have to be next year as we're too booked right now )': recently married so everything to get done etc. Will keep in touch and make sure to coordinate something with all of you other VA cosplayers for a con next year :3 !! What would you say is the biggest con in VA?
Hmmmmm.... well, I would lean towards either Roanoke Valley or Tidewater so far. I actually think Tidewater had more attendees this go round. As of right this moment, I'm getting together a small group that consists of an Umbrella soldier (my brother), an Ariel and my oldest daughter is trying to decide who she wants to be. She went to the last one as Supergirl and I'm trying to steer her to Ms. Marvel. Also have about three other possible peeps who could swing either way with the costuming.
Unread 05-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #9
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarty View Post
I'm surprised that nerdy/geeky events such as cons happen in this dreary state.

I currently live in Virginia Beach, but even though I'm most likely not going to be able to go I have my eyes set on New York Comic Con.
I concur but from what I've gathered, these cons are pretty new. I think in their second year... maybe.... but I could be wrong there.
Unread 05-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
Roaringtide
Crashing Wave

I'm not from VA, but I'm a neighbor from maryland. Don't forget about Nekocon. It's a con in early Nov in Norfolk/New Port News area :3
Roaringtide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaringtide View Post
I'm not from VA, but I'm a neighbor from maryland. Don't forget about Nekocon. It's a con in early Nov in Norfolk/New Port News area :3
Oh wow. I totally forgot about that. Have to put that on my reminder list!
Unread 05-16-2014, 12:44 AM   #12
Naraba Cosplay

If you make someone cosplay once they'll see how awesome-sauce it is and will never not-cosplay again! muaha Are cons usually around the same time each year or do they vary? @_@ I'm trying to plan out cons for next year xD I want to attend at least four - one being the 3rd annual of Arena Net and their GW2 convention *__* that one will be my biggest costume yet! Oh the money - oh the time spent! Oh the costuming 8D
Unread 05-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #13
Gunther
Bringin' the booyah.

Quote:
If you make someone cosplay once they'll see how awesome-sauce it is and will never not-cosplay again! muaha Are cons usually around the same time each year or do they vary? @_@ I'm trying to plan out cons for next year xD I want to attend at least four - one being the 3rd annual of Arena Net and their GW2 convention *__* that one will be my biggest costume yet! Oh the money - oh the time spent! Oh the costuming 8D
That's pretty much how it goes and went. LOL. My oldest daughter (turning 9 this year) was fearless in going to cosplayers and getting pics with them in her little Supergirl costume. =D When we told others about it, they were "That does sound fun. I'm interested in going to the next one." and it went from there.

And I do think they stay around the same time frame year to year.
Unread 02-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
teknixia

I live in Virginia Beach!
Sailor Neptune- Sailor Moon
Alois Trancy-Kuroshitsuji II

Nekocon
Angela Blanc- Kuroshitsuji
(Rest are undecided)
teknixia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #15
MadElephant

I'm in VA

Hey, I live in the Petersburg area of VA! I've only got one con under my belt, the WW Richmond Comicon that was this past Oct. I went as Batman on Saturday and wore my TNG uniform on Sunday. My next con will be the upcoming Tidewater Comicon. I'm only going Saturday and the plan is to go as Batman for half the day.
MadElephant is offline   Reply With Quote