Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
BrainNinja
Uryuu!

if i actually do go to Matsuricon, i'll probably be L. i've wanted to cosplay as him for a long time :3
BrainNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #17
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

I'm super excited for Matsuricon!
byebyebeautiful--you are my new best friend.
KatieAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
ByeByeBeautiful
angels have the phonebox

Alas...

*laughs* Aw, thanks KatieAriel! Go Buckeyes! (I mean that in our "state nickname" sense, not certain gigantic schools with frighteningly rabid football fans.)

It'll be weird going to such a tiny con - I might actually get to SEE ALL THE COSTUMES!
... no, no, I'll probably still miss something cool.

Argh, I just realized I have to drop Anime Punch! Who decided to put in on Easter?! Of course, now Anime Central or Colossolcon are possibilities. Chicago's so far, though, and Colossolcon isn't until June. What other cons AREN'T six hours away in the next couple of months? (And NOT around Easter, so that knocks out Tekkoshocon too. *fumes*)

Out of curiosity - what projects does everybody have in the works? I don't have much right now, just finishing up a Metal Chocobo keyblade for my sister.
ByeByeBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeBeautiful View Post
*laughs* Aw, thanks KatieAriel! Go Buckeyes! (I mean that in our "state nickname" sense, not certain gigantic schools with frighteningly rabid football fans.)

It'll be weird going to such a tiny con - I might actually get to SEE ALL THE COSTUMES!

Argh, I just realized I have to drop Anime Punch! Who decided to put in on Easter?! Of course, now Anime Central or Colossolcon are possibilities. Chicago's so far, though, and Colossolcon isn't until June. What other cons AREN'T six hours away in the next couple of months? (And NOT around Easter, so that knocks out Tekkoshocon too. *fumes*)

Out of curiosity - what projects does everybody have in the works? I don't have much right now, just finishing up a Metal Chocobo keyblade for my sister.
I'm taking Megabus out to Chicago for ACen. I can get their and back with traveling expenses only for under $30 bucks. <3 One benefit about living up in Cleveland again.
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeBeautiful View Post

haha, OSU fans scare me......
we win, and what happens? rioting.

ugh, that sucks about anime punch. at least you can still consider Chicago. I'm stuck within O-H-I-O boundries.
I'm a poor working student =( (why is fabric so expensive!? WHY!)
I'm not realy working on anything. I'm making a new mermaid top since my puppy chewed my old one apart...Thinking about starting another mermaid tail. maybe a KH2 Areith? I dunno.
I really wanna take my ariel tail to a con....but I have no way of moving in it! XD
Unread 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
ByeByeBeautiful
angels have the phonebox

Currently ignoring 'John Tucker Must Die'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegumiHime View Post
I'm taking Megabus out to Chicago for ACen. I can get their and back with traveling expenses only for under $30 bucks. <3 One benefit about living up in Cleveland again.
Megabus is fantastic. I don't know WHY their price model works, but I'm so glad it does.
I considered that for ACen, but it's departure time doesn't jive with my work schedule. Foiled again!

Quote:
I'm a poor working student =( (why is fabric so expensive!? WHY!)
Because JoAnn Fabrics is actually in league with the Netherrealm... although things like THIS help ease the pain. (40% off coupons updated every months! Take that, mega-priced fabric monopoly!)

Quote:
Thinking about starting another mermaid tail. maybe a KH2 Areith?
I just read that as Mermaid Aerith. o_O
Unread 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #22
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

Quote:
I just read that as Mermaid Aerith. o_O
haha,sorry
mermaid OR KH2 Aerith.
although mermaid!aerith could be interesting.....I'll have to look into that.

oo,yay! that does help ease the pain. why did I not know about this earlier??
their beading is also on sale. very exciting. tis a bit unreasonable how excited fabric sales are XD
Unread 03-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #23
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

would anyone be interested in forming a Central Ohio cosplay group? for c-bus and outlaying areas. hoping to get a group together for matsuricon, colassalcon and the ren fest. (okay, the ren fest ISNT a con, but it is still a crazy good time).

Colassalcon is coming up, soooo....
anyway, if you're interested drop me an email (I also have MSN with the same address)

I promise I'm not a creeper. really.
just stuck in a 'burb with boring people that dont do anything.
Unread 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
BrainNinja
Uryuu!

i feel lonely in little elyria...T-T i only actually know a few cosplayers, and they are like 12 years older than me and probably wouldn't go to a con with me... and what is ren fest, anyways?
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #25
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

the Ohio Renaissance Festival

no one really goes in "period" clothing. last time I went I saw yoda.....
http://www.renfestival.com/
it's in harveysburg, OH
Unread 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #26
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

I repeat what I said in the above post....about a group that is

(sorry about the double....you didn't see it.....shhhhhhhh)

Quote:
Katie what type of cosplay for next Ohayocon *laughs* I'm already planning WAY too far ahead *laughs* I need to make it to Renfest this year for once tt-tt
haha, oh I know. so am I. not even finished with my pink ariel gown and I already have like, a dozen other cosplays planned out.

dunno about ohayocon 2010--I'm always open for ideas! (just know that I'm going since I missed it this year)

Last edited by KatieAriel : 03-05-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Unread 03-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #27
ByeByeBeautiful
angels have the phonebox

Decided to go to ACen after all, via Megabus! Should be fun, I love Chicago!

Yeah, it's sad to be cut off from other cosplayers. You'd think it'd be a little easier, with the giant colleges in the area. Sometimes I'm jealous of the people who live in Chicago and LA. It's only this year I've started making actual connections in Ohio. Ohayocon is good for that, as is Anime Punch. Oh yeah, and this forum!

We should have a meet-up for lunch or something at Matsuricon. Is there food in the general vicinity?

Don't think I'll go to the Ren Fair. Just didn't have a good time a couple of years ago. (torrential downpour, cold, and went with a former boyfriend who was demoted to an Ex shortly thereafter.) I don't want that to stop others from going, though! The jousters were fun, and so were the storytellers. I passed on the turkey legs, though - I'm not that brave!

KatieAriel - oooh, the pink Ariel gown! Are you doing a hoop skirt with it? Those things scare me.

BrainNinja - Ouch, Elyria?! That IS a trek! How did you manage to sustain an interest in costuming with so little support?

I am SO CLOSE to finishing this keyblade... just a little more paint!
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
BrainNinja
Uryuu!

._. i really have no idea. though i kinda gave up on my L wig... now it looks like a unicorn.
Unread 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #29
ANBU Black Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainNinja View Post
._. i really have no idea. though i kinda gave up on my L wig... now it looks like a unicorn.
lol unicorn... i dont need a wig for my L cosplay im doing due to my hair being awsomeness xD and do not talk to me about having no cosplay support theres no one in Shelby county that cosplays!!!!
ANBU Black Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #30
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

Quote:
KatieAriel - oooh, the pink Ariel gown! Are you doing a hoop skirt with it? Those things scare me.
oh goodness no! I'm not ready for hoopskirts yet. just using a thick pettycoat. it changes the shape, but its also just more practical.

Quote:
Don't think I'll go to the Ren Fair. Just didn't have a good time a couple of years ago. (torrential downpour, cold, and went with a former boyfriend who was demoted to an Ex shortly thereafter.) I don't want that to stop others from going, though! The jousters were fun, and so were the storytellers. I passed on the turkey legs, though - I'm not that brave!
ouch. my ex BF works there....so I kinda know what you mean. his dad was one of the knights. we still talk though, so its not THAT bad. theres a fest up in the cleveland are too. wanna check that one out.

still, I dont blame ya for not wanting to go.

Quote:
I'm jealous of the people who live in Chicago and LA. It's only this year I've started making actual connections in Ohio. Ohayocon is good for that, as is Anime Punch. Oh yeah, and this forum!
ditto!

Quote:
hahaha oh, thats a fun mental image.
thinking about an L cosplay. it would be crazy easy to put together. 'cept for the wig. which apparently can turn into a unicorn