Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #31
Shagget
Shagget

Hey Guys

I'm actually in Wv, But I live right on the border, by the Ohio River. I'm in Huntington going to college, but actually live farther north near Wheeling, So I'm close.
Shagget is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #32
ByeByeBeautiful
angels have the phonebox

Hi Shagget! I went to high school in West Virginia, so come on in if you don't mind that Ohioan smell! (We're pretty sure its coming from the rabid OSU fans, but we try to keep them out of here. ^_^)

Quote:
oh goodness no! I'm not ready for hoopskirts yet. just using a thick pettycoat. it changes the shape, but its also just more practical.
Also, you will take out less innocent civilians. ^_^

Shameless Plug time: I finally finished that keyblade I kept grousing about! Pictures of the Metal Chocobo are thisaway - http://www.cosplay.com/costume/207734/

Last edited by ByeByeBeautiful : 03-11-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Spelling is my friend!
ByeByeBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #33
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

Squee! Ohio cosplayers! I thought I was all alone up here at Kent State! I'll most likely be at ColossalCon this year, I haven't decided who I'm going as yet...I just started cosplaying 5 months ago and ColossalCon will be my first con! (Stupid track season messes me up for cons not in the summer. >.>)
goldenvaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 04:54 AM   #34
Ryuuza
Dragon Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagget View Post
Hey Guys

I'm actually in Wv, But I live right on the border, by the Ohio River. I'm in Huntington going to college, but actually live farther north near Wheeling, So I'm close.
Seriously? Are you going MU? Because I'm right there with you... but on the other side of the river, the Ohio side. I commute every day. Well, every MWF, because those are my class days. :\
Ryuuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #35
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

Quote:
Squee! Ohio cosplayers! I thought I was all alone up here at Kent State! I'll most likely be at ColossalCon this year, I haven't decided who I'm going as yet...I just started cosplaying 5 months ago and ColossalCon will be my first con! (Stupid track season messes me up for cons not in the summer. >.>)
I know I know. (used to run track)
yay!!! more ohioans!! =D
we should do a colassalcon meetup.
we being general "buckeyes."
KatieAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #36
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

Heck Yeah! Though...I'm like super nervous...I have NO idea what to expect and when to cosplay..etc....
Unread 03-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #37
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

truth be told--I'm totally new at this too.
I go to renaissance fests and stuff, but havent ever been to a con.

although I do wear my mermaid tail to the pool. thats about it for public cosplay though.
Unread 03-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #38
BrainNinja
Uryuu!

okay, well, at the moment, i'm too lazy to check. but is anyone actually going to matsuricon? -_-' sorry for my uncapability to ant to check.
BrainNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #39
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

I'm for sure going. anyone else?
Unread 03-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #40
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

I dunno...I'll have to check my schedule and see when it is and how that coincides with when the semester starts back up. I might still go even if I have already started school, taking photos will be a good experience especially since I'm going into Photo Illustration.
Unread 03-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #41
Mungojerrie247
don't believe in Prussia

I might go to Matsuricon. I went last year. It wasn't that great of a con but I knew people from other conventions and I met others. We ended up spending more time at the mall/kroger/mcdonalds in cospaly than at the con.

I am from Columbus. I also go to Ohayo and AP. I signed up for AP before I found out it was on Easter, that was a surprise. I hope a lot of people will still be there.
Mungojerrie247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #42
Michiyo12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainNinja View Post
Preffeably near Lorain county. And if you're going to Matsuricon... please respond.
yea i live near lorain i live in buffalo NY
i might be going.
Michiyo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #43
KatieAriel
Aspiring D*sney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungojerrie247 View Post
I might go to Matsuricon. I went last year. It wasn't that great of a con but I knew people from other conventions and I met others. We ended up spending more time at the mall/kroger/mcdonalds in cospaly than at the con.

I am from Columbus. I also go to Ohayo and AP. I signed up for AP before I found out it was on Easter, that was a surprise. I hope a lot of people will still be there.

I was thinking of going to AP also...but the easter thing killed it. that, and my cosplay is CLOSE to finished. well. it could be, but I'm a perfectionist....

yay more columbus-onians!
Unread 03-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #44
ByeByeBeautiful
angels have the phonebox

Hi Mungojerrie 247!

*grouses at Anime Punch* Seriously, Anime Punch, Easter? EASTER?! I guess the thought is people will still come on Saturday, but many are travelling then. Really lousy planning there. Too bad, that was a fun con last year.

Matsuricon is right by me, so I'm planning to hop over. It's a bit concerning that their forums are down - I hope the event has better planning than the website!

We could always go terrorize Easton if it gets boring.
ByeByeBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #45
hanyou
Bob the Samurai

I feel so far removed from other cosplayers and even anime or gaming fans in general out here in Geauga county. I feel dumb, though. I've never even HEARD of Matsuricon. >_<

Seems like all you fine people are all over the state. Kind of a shame, it would be cool if there could be like some kind of Ohioan cosplayer meetup.

I've only been to Ohayhocon once, and that was years ago. I actually find it easier to arrange time to get to Otakon, which as far is the only convention I'm planning on attending this year (for now.)

hanyou is offline   Reply With Quote