Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: What day is best for you to atend the Stitch and Sew
Dec. 1 0 0%
Dec. 8 2 66.67%
Dec. 15 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #151
wyldbratling
Registered User
 
wyldbratling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 181
What is your strength/Weakness?

What is your strength/Weakness?

I am good at altering patterns, sewing and fitting, pretty much anything to do with fabrics.

I have no real experience with wigs or props though.
__________________
Kit AKA Marian AKA Wyld


Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #152
Caelendil
I lurv my Roxy~
 
Caelendil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 74
Being relatively new to cosplay, I'm not exactly sure what my strengths and weaknesses are. I have yet to try styling my wig for Axel. I seem to be relatively decent when it comes to pattern modifications. I modified a woman's coat to make it into an Organization XIII coat. I have a very nice sewing machine (goes through anything with standard needles with ease), and I've become pretty adept at using it.
__________________
2010: Kumoricon
Naruto: Kakuzu
2011: Sakura-con
KH: Axel (Org XIII/Punk)
Aion: Elyos or Asmo Ranger
Final Fantasy: WHM (Tactics or XI, unsure)
Caelendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #153
Feawen
aka fuu
 
Feawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
Sounds like fun, there arn't many cosplay get togethers locally, so it would be a great addition!
__________________
Next Con: saboten con

Check out all of my costumes at my website http://www.TeamFuu.com!

Also feel free to like my fanpage on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tea...31143596923241
Feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #154
Feawen
aka fuu
 
Feawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
If anyone needs prop, wig, armor, or makeup help I'm the person to talk to.
__________________
Next Con: saboten con

Check out all of my costumes at my website http://www.TeamFuu.com!

Also feel free to like my fanpage on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tea...31143596923241
Feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #155
avitjacobson
Dragon of the West
 
avitjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 166
I'm not far from peoria or avondale; so that's pretty killer for me. I'm also an adult, but a full-time student, so i couldn't host meetings, but I would be interested in trying to attend them from time to time. Actually, on that note, at ASUWest, there is a club with weekly meetings. If you enjoy hanging and watching anime ina group, there's that.
__________________
I don't spellcheck my posts. For that matter, aren't you glad I don't critique your grammar?
avitjacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #156
wyldbratling
Registered User
 
wyldbratling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by avitjacobson View Post
I'm not far from peoria or avondale; so that's pretty killer for me. I'm also an adult, but a full-time student, so i couldn't host meetings, but I would be interested in trying to attend them from time to time. Actually, on that note, at ASUWest, there is a club with weekly meetings. If you enjoy hanging and watching anime ina group, there's that.
I guese technicaly I am still a college student - Atending UoPO. LOL When is the next meeting and is it a fairly mature group?
__________________
Kit AKA Marian AKA Wyld


Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #157
wyldbratling
Registered User
 
wyldbratling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 181
Exclamation Cosplay Stitch and Share - 12/1 11am - 3pm

If anyone is interested I am offering to host a Stitch and Share at my home in Peoria on the 1st of December (Saturday) from 11 am to 3 pm. PM me if you plan to come for my address and directions. I am going to limit it to 5 people for now.

You can bring a project at any stage and we can share tips, suggestions and I don't mind teaching people basic sewing and pattern alterations. Anyone who wants to work on props is welcome as well as just sewing.

What I will provide -
Tables to work on (I have 2)
Space to work in

What you will need -
References
Sewing materials, notions and the like.
Any other tools you will need (glue gun, scissors ect.)
Your own sewing machine if you have one.
Your own food and drinks.

What you might want to bring if you can -
Folding chairs
Folding table
Anime to play in the background.

If youíre under 18 Iíll need something in writing from your legal guardian that itís ok for you to be at my home. Your legal guardian type person is welcome to hang out as well.

FYI Ė I have catsÖ if your allergic, bring allergies meds!
__________________
Kit AKA Marian AKA Wyld


Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #158
Feawen
aka fuu
 
Feawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldbratling View Post
If anyone is interested I am offering to host a Stitch and Share at my home in Peoria on the 1st of December (Saturday) from 11 am to 3 pm. PM me if you plan to come for my address and directions. I am going to limit it to 5 people for now.

You can bring a project at any stage and we can share tips, suggestions and I don't mind teaching people basic sewing and pattern alterations. Anyone who wants to work on props is welcome as well as just sewing.

What I will provide -
Tables to work on (I have 2)
Space to work in

What you will need -
References
Sewing materials, notions and the like.
Any other tools you will need (glue gun, scissors ect.)
Your own sewing machine if you have one.
Your own food and drinks.

What you might want to bring if you can -
Folding chairs
Folding table
Anime to play in the background.

If youíre under 18 Iíll need something in writing from your legal guardian that itís ok for you to be at my home. Your legal guardian type person is welcome to hang out as well.

FYI Ė I have catsÖ if your allergic, bring allergies meds!

I'd love to come, btu I have apiano recital that day darn it. Oh well, be sure to tell me if you host another one
__________________
Next Con: saboten con

Check out all of my costumes at my website http://www.TeamFuu.com!

Also feel free to like my fanpage on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tea...31143596923241
Feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #159
Sailor Phoenix
Mochi Sabie (*^-^*)
 
Sailor Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 56
Okay, I'm going to bite on this and for everybody that doesn't know about this website. Please go visit and join. Okay! ^-^ http://hobbyistsparadise.com/index.html This site shows everything that is going on in AZ that has something for everyone. Cosplay, Local cons, Gatherings, etc. Check it out!
Sailor Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #160
wyldbratling
Registered User
 
wyldbratling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
I'd love to come, btu I have apiano recital that day darn it. Oh well, be sure to tell me if you host another one
I could also do it the 8th or even the 15th if that is a better day for people same time, same place ect. I figured the closer it gets to the holiday though the more people will be caught up in family stuffs.

EDIT: Looks like I'm officialy changing the date to the 15th. Sorry if thats inconvenient to anyone, I promice to run at least one more in January.
__________________
Kit AKA Marian AKA Wyld


Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird

Last edited by wyldbratling : 11-13-2007 at 11:20 AM.
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #161
wyldbratling
Registered User
 
wyldbratling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 181
Anyone who was planning to come to the Stitch N Share on december 15th at my house please email me wyldbratling at gmail.com or PM me so that I can send you directions and get an idea of how many people will be there.
__________________
Kit AKA Marian AKA Wyld


Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #162
TokuTenshi
dot dot dot
 
TokuTenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 57
*sigh*
I live down in Sahuarita, its halfway between Tucson and Nogales.
TokuTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #163
wyldbratling
Registered User
 
wyldbratling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuTenshi View Post
*sigh*
I live down in Sahuarita, its halfway between Tucson and Nogales.
I know where Tucson is but no idea about Nogales.... I could probably do a longer one if it would be more economic time wise for you with such a long drive.
__________________
Kit AKA Marian AKA Wyld


Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #164
Aiyaleya
 
Posts: n/a
Cosplayers in Arizona

Is anybody gonna be around near the end of January cosplaying D.Gray-man, or really anything?

Last edited by Aiyaleya : 12-30-2007 at 11:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #165
Agnikurina
4koma-holic
 
Agnikurina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 99
Going to PCC, I believe it is around the end of January.

Probably will do Gintama Shinsengumi, Hei (Darker than Black) and, probably, Grave from Gungrave. Being the last out the most uncertain one.
__________________
Trying to figure out what convention to go to...
Agnikurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.