Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: What day is best for you to atend the Stitch and Sew
Dec. 1 0 0%
Dec. 8 2 66.67%
Dec. 15 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #346
jounink
Holla!

OH HAPPY DAY....I finally finished my Org13 boots in time for the con (Con-Nichiwa). Now all I have to do is start packing ^^
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #347
matthewbndr

I'm from tucson, Az.

I'm new to this and I'm just researching for cosplay stuff If I like to.
matthewbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #348
raijin_crosby
Cosplayer and Videograper

Hello jounink and everyone else. I see the thread is still moving, ya know?

It sucks that I won't be going to Con-Nichiwa but I will be putting everything into making it for phoenix comic-con and anime expo but more so anime expo because I want to go the the gaia events. 8)

This year I am attending: view my profile
Events I attended: view my profile
I have been involved with:
Cosplay Chess
Cosplay Dodge ball
2 Masquerades
I also record and edit videos for my youtube site
http://www.youtube.com/cosplayersalbum
raijin_crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #349
jounink
Holla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin_crosby View Post
Hello jounink and everyone else. I see the thread is still moving, ya know?

It sucks that I won't be going to Con-Nichiwa but I will be putting everything into making it for phoenix comic-con and anime expo but more so anime expo because I want to go the the gaia events. 8)
Sup^^
Im not sure if ill do PCC either, Anime Expo is waaaaaaaaaaay more important to me.
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #350
sarak

Hi Everyone, I'm working with PCC to develop the costuming programs. We're really trying to do an emphasis on Cosplay information panels this year, since there's such a huge interest. Are there any specific types of workshops or informational panels you'd be interested in seeing? We have quite a few already like Cosplay 101 and Cosplay Question and Answer panel. I'm specifically thinking of adding a panel about starting and running a Cosplay group, as well as developing acting skills to bring the characters to life. Do these sound interesting to you? Anything else you could suggest? Thanks in advance! Hope to see you all at the Con!
sarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #351
superxlilxcutie

Well Howdy! I think I've seen you around, person who started this thread I no longer remember your name @.@, I'm in Arizona too!

Ajo Arizona to be exact!

A cookie to anyone who knows where that is -_-;;;;

Two hours away from anything and everything (well we got gila bend 40 miles north but still) but my mom does her best to take me to all the con events ^.^

I cosplay Fuu, from Kingdom Hearts 2 if you've ever seen her. I'm probably the one one currently cosplaying her in Az @.@

Deviant Art : http://superxlilxcutie.deviantart.com

Cons Attending:
Phoenix Cactus Comicon '10 - Kagura Sohma (mmmmaybe), Urd, Samejima Mamimi, Moogle Girl (FF7 Advent Children)

Planned Cosplays:
Disney Fairies Lily
Xemnas
Female Clone Xemnas
Pirate

superxlilxcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #352
OztheNekoMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarak View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm working with PCC to develop the costuming programs. We're really trying to do an emphasis on Cosplay information panels this year, since there's such a huge interest. Are there any specific types of workshops or informational panels you'd be interested in seeing? We have quite a few already like Cosplay 101 and Cosplay Question and Answer panel. I'm specifically thinking of adding a panel about starting and running a Cosplay group, as well as developing acting skills to bring the characters to life. Do these sound interesting to you? Anything else you could suggest? Thanks in advance! Hope to see you all at the Con!
Acting skills to bring the characters to life sounds absolutely wonderful. A lot of cosplayers fall short in that category (including me at times). Creating a wonderful costume is one thing, but what truly completes it is the character you put into it. After all... "cosplay" is short for "costume" AND "play." Speaking of PCC... that's inching up, isn't it? Wow, finally!

And are there any other cosplayers that attend ASU? I'm pretty much bound to go there next year. I know there's an anime club. XD
OztheNekoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #353
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Hmm... just checking in here since PCC is coming up..

I live in Arizona for a few months at a time throughout the year, so I guess I'm a SORT OF Arizona cosplayer XD PCC will be my first Phoenix con, though. (All the others are during the college schoolyear when I'm up north...)

Since you guys are all more used to congoing the fantastic AZ heat than me, do you guys have any recommendations as to surviving a Phoenix summer con? Any advice to the particulars of PCC (how are the lines, stuff to check out, where the A/C flows best LOL)?

I've done San Diego Comiccon, but.. well, it's just not quite as hot there as Phoenix, yanno?
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #354
gcninja

Hey guys, I'm new to cosplaying but plan on going to Kaigi in flagstaff in june, I'm currently trying to get fit for my cosplays (kakashi, an akatsuki member and maybe one more) If anybody is going to go to that let me know, and maybe we'll meet up

I'm born and raised in AZ, currently 19 and living it up at the Grand Canyon
gcninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #355
sarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OztheNekoMaster View Post
Acting skills to bring the characters to life sounds absolutely wonderful. A lot of cosplayers fall short in that category (including me at times). Creating a wonderful costume is one thing, but what truly completes it is the character you put into it. After all... "cosplay" is short for "costume" AND "play." Speaking of PCC... that's inching up, isn't it? Wow, finally!

And are there any other cosplayers that attend ASU? I'm pretty much bound to go there next year. I know there's an anime club. XD
I put a general call out to the anime club to see if any of them are cosplayers, but none of them seem to be. I'm sure there have to be some though!
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #356
sarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Hmm... just checking in here since PCC is coming up..

I live in Arizona for a few months at a time throughout the year, so I guess I'm a SORT OF Arizona cosplayer XD PCC will be my first Phoenix con, though. (All the others are during the college schoolyear when I'm up north...)

Since you guys are all more used to congoing the fantastic AZ heat than me, do you guys have any recommendations as to surviving a Phoenix summer con? Any advice to the particulars of PCC (how are the lines, stuff to check out, where the A/C flows best LOL)?

I've done San Diego Comiccon, but.. well, it's just not quite as hot there as Phoenix, yanno?
PCC is expecting 15k visitors this year, which is more than double from last year! While there may be more people, we're also planning more events. Hopefully the lines will be short (or at least manageable.) As for the heat, we're inside and plan on having the A/C cranked in all of the rooms. I hope those not in costume aren't cold! If they are, it's their own fault for not wearing a costume. lol
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #357
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Derp, only just saw this.

See, the thing I figure is, if you're already cosplaying- you already know enough not to need Cosplay 101. Cosplay 101 is fine for those that haven't made costumes yet and would like to, but there never seem to be enough panels for those that want to advance their knowledge further.

I'd like to see panels on INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED wig styling, altering commercial patterns (since drafting your own patterns, I know, is something that's an entire class unto itself), working with the more messy/difficult prop materials (like wonderflex, resin casting, and foam construction), and maybe even a panel on makeup. A panel about how to choose the right fabrics and a panel on cosplay photography would be nice, too!
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #358
Panda Pumpkin

Quote:
I put a general call out to the anime club to see if any of them are cosplayers, but none of them seem to be. I'm sure there have to be some though!
i'm so busy, i haven't ventured to the anime club, but i am a cosplayer lurking within asu. [:

-den, vp of panda-pumpkin
Panda Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #359
DDReXIII
Crossplaying Rookie

Another AZ cosplayer here :3 I'm graduating from high school this year and plan to attend the U of A this fall...
At the moment I live too far away from any cosplay-related activity (Nogales, a small border town, to be exact). Also Idk if I'll be attending PCC or Anime Kaigi, but chances are it'll be one or the other. If any of you attended Con-nichiwa, I was Amu from Shugo Chara and the only Envy running around lol.

Finished: Envy, Amu Hinamori, Tifa Lockhart, Yuki Sohma. Next Up: Ulquiorra Schiffer (got the fabric :P), Haruko Haruhara (got the wig), Train Heartnet (0%)

Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, and love like you've never been hurt.
DDReXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #360
Sukura-Chan
Sukura

I'm a future AZ cosplayer in Queen Creek, I will be attending PCC and Anime Kaigi where I will be doing my first cosplays. I hope to meet everyone there ^^
Sukura-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote