Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Muad'Dib
Starfleet Officer

Marvel Comics Cosplay?

Anyone planning on cosplaying some Marvel Comics characters this year?
I'm thinking of a few myself.
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Marvel =)

I've done Scream from Venom: Lethal Protector and Mary Jane (zombified wedding gown version) from the cover of Marvel Zombies # 5 so far. I have 2 DC comics cosplays planned for this year (although one isn't technically DC...it's an adapted version of a DC comic)...Regardless!!! I'll be doing some more Mary Jane costumes because my bf will be getting a Spidey suit soon =3

What Marvel characters are you planning?
Unread 02-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
Muad'Dib
Starfleet Officer

Well, I'm a short, somewhat hairy bloke, so I'm actually leaning towards doing a Wolverine/Logan costume, although I might be doing the "street clothes" version to start while I try to figure out how to get that yellow and blue to work in-person, LOL.
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
moonflower.

Its not for this year, but for D*C 2010 I'm planning to do a rogue costume, specifically

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/i...-rogue_400.jpg
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Gilly_kins
Monotone = Fierce

I definatly have marvel stuff planned for this year, I'm going to me making mystique and polaris (hopefuly) for myself, Rogue for my friend and part of Gambit for my boyfriend (its a bit of a coloboration piece)
Unread 02-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
darkbhudda

A group of us will be doing X-Men for Brisnova. I'm working on Beast, though may fall back to Juggernaut (comics version) or Sabretooth, depending on difficulty in making the costume look decent.
Unread 02-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

moonflower - I love that costume of Rogue's. :3 I love so many of Rogue's costumes, actually. XD

I've got two versions of Gambit done, bringing one to Megacon this year, along with a pajamas version. So far, I've done his post-X-Treme outfit (no pink!) and his tuxedo from X-Men: TAS. If things go as planned, there's gonna be an X-Men pajama party after Megacon on Friday. :3 I'm excited. I'm also pretty sure I'm going to work on a movie-verse Gambit to wear to the Wolverine movie.

I mean... I'm not a total Gambit fangirl.

I also want to cosplay Mystique or Rogue in the S.H.I.E.L.D uniform they wear in House of M, 'cause those outfits look awesome. I also wanna try Shadowcat from Wolverine and the X-Men. I still like the show less than TAS and Evo, but Kitty has the most adorable uniform ever. :3

All my other comic book ventures thus far are Vertigo. I want to do some ElfQuest cosplays in the future... which is... sorta kinda not really Marvel cosplay? XD They were published through Marvel for a bit, at least.
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha

Last edited by Kitsune : 02-13-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
ichigo-chan7
Thats me ^ so is that v

ive been wanting to try Polaris for awhile now but im not sure how to go about it, i think id do a casual movieverse thing or just spring for the suit not sure
http://www.animaidcafe.org/
Peace.Love.Anime.Cake
http://ichipuff7.deviantart.com/
ichigo-chan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #9
Renshai

I want so badly to do an X-men character I just can't decide which! I love so many of them but with the Mord-Sith costume under-way I really don't want to do two skin-tight outfits in the same year. If anyone has suggestions for a good character though, I'd love to hear them.

--Audrey Hepburn
"Paris When it Sizzles"
Renshai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Tonksie

I'm another who is doing a Rogue costume, for Comic-con San Diego. In her green and white outfit from X-men #192.

I've got the wig almost completed... need to get crackin on her suit though. It's been hard finding the right green for it.
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #11
Last_Chael

I really want to do an Elektra costume. I don't know if I'll get to do it this year, but I hope to
Last_Chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #12
Ryo_Hellsing
The Ryo User!

I want to put together a cosplay of Toad from Ultimate X men and Evolution. I think it will be fun to do but challenging. But figuring out how to do the full green body skin seems to be a nightmare right now but I will keep trying!

Ram Fan! Anyone else love the Tribe? Pm me!

"So I took the shotgun off the wall
and I fired two warning shots...
...into his head."
Ryo_Hellsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I'm working on revamping my Punisher to the War Zone film version tonight. In total I've done
Jigsaw from The Punisher
The Punisher
Dusk from Slingers
Ultimate Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroticNymph View Post
Marvel =)

I've done Scream from Venom: Lethal Protector
Omg, Marry me please! ^^

Which reminds me I have always wanted to do a Lasher Cosplay, or at the very least Phage, I have the claws for that one!

There is a member that has done an amazing Toxin cosplay.

Wow.... I just realized that Scream bit was embarrassing..

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf

Last edited by Volnixshin : 03-25-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: People at that time, that place, that...stuff!
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #14
otakusenshiange
Did you just say BLOUSE?

So far I've done X-23(Target X version) and Layla Miller(though it was kinda rushed so I'll re-do it someday)
I'm currently working on Squirrel Girl, X-23(New X-Men version[black]) and some form of Kitty Pryde. I'd like to do the Wolverine and the X-Men one but I'm not very skilled yet so I'm thinking maybe just Excalibur with a Lockheed and Widget at my side.
For the future though, I'd really like more Kitty/X-23 costumes and I'm DYING to do a Dead Girl costume. She's so rad.
otakusenshiange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
navigated
Derp.

I'm planning on making Domino from Cable/Deadpool (simply because I prefer her design there, rather in her one shot), the problem is its really hard to find good references of her, partially because I can only find a few of my issues of C/D. The internet isn't very helpful on the reference front, apparently I'm the only one who likes Domino.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote