Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #31
darkbhudda

On Sunday our group did the X-Men cosplay for Brisbane Supanova and I'm very pleased to report we won Best Team Cosplay

We had Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Dark Phoenix, Sabretooth, Wolverine, Petra, Jubilee, Gambit and myself as Beast. Plus we had Colonel Nick Fury.

One of the volunteers was dressed as Pixie - sans wings but with the full black eyes - and joined us for some group photos.

My first cosplay and I think I'm hooked.

Unread 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #32
RogueSahara
Costume Engineer

I'm going as Old-School Mystique to Anime North I got a much better wig than the one that I used for Halloween (Thank God!)
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #33
~BakaTadashii~

I've wanted to do a Psylocke for a long time now but can't this year. Perhaps for '10. I want my best friend to be Gambit. I always think those two should be together instead of Rogue and Gambit. Just me I guess.
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #34
Mew_Pudding
Tits.

I'm in the process of doing The Wasp, as she is my favorite and I am very upset with her death. T_T

Also, I want to make Ms Marvel one day, if I can lose some weight. XD
Mew_Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #35
magpie

I did Pylocke last year, and this year I have Black Cat from spiderman. Debuting in the end of May. Im so excited.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 02:32 AM   #36
ragingphoxx

Eventually (when I am not feeling that spandex is the devil and can find decent contacts), I would like to do a Snowbird cosplay. It may take a while to get done since I have a laundry list of costumes yet to get done before it, but I think that would be so much fun to give Alpha Flight some love

Ragingphoxx

Purveyor of fun and insanity
(Not necessarily in that order)

In Progress:
Berserk- Evarella (redoing wig)
Disgaea 2- Etna (my own variation)
Pokemon- Ninetails Gijinka (Furisode)
MLP:FIM- Octavia Gijinka (masquerade)
ragingphoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #37
MaydayParker

As my name implies, I wanna do Spider-Girl at some point. But, that depends on me losing a decent amount of weight and getting access to some disposable income...
MaydayParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #38
Ananthema

I am planning on cos playing as a Purifier from the X-Men or the current series of X-Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigated View Post
I'm planning on making Domino from Cable/Deadpool (simply because I prefer her design there, rather in her one shot), the problem is its really hard to find good references of her, partially because I can only find a few of my issues of C/D. The internet isn't very helpful on the reference front, apparently I'm the only one who likes Domino.
You might want be looking around for Cable / Deadpool #11, #28-29. The cover for Cable Deadpool 11 might be a good reference for you.
Or if you can tolerate the Liefield's artwork, try the second X-Force series

All the other references that I can think of is the earlier version of her.
Ananthema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:28 AM   #39
lemnii

I've been planning a M/Monet St Croix cosplay but I'm torn as to which version to do. Since I've never really worked with a full catsuit before, I'm leaning towards one that is a solid color. So it's either her first Generation X outfit or her New X Men outfit.
lemnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 04:37 AM   #40
Cole

I'd like to do a Wiccan cosplay sometime. The problem is, I prefer his Wiccan costume and not the Asgardian one, but there are so few clear reference pics that show his whole costume in detail ~__~
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #41
SonicManJosh

I'm planning on doing Cyclops. I'm hoping to base his look off his appearance in the new cartoon "Wolverine and the X-Men".
http://skiffy.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/xmen.jpg
My only issue is with the hood area. How would I make that?
SonicManJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #42
dreamsofnever

SonicMan, you could perhaps get a zentai suit (you can find them on ebay) and alter it. If you're not familiar, zentai suits cover your entire face, so you would just need to cut away from the facial area.

And *sigh* No offense to the 99% of people who adore Wolverine, but... Wolverine and the X-Men? The character is already so over-exposed and now he's getting a title series with 'and the X-Men' as a second thought?

Feh. Then again, this is from someone whose favorite character is Superman. (talk about overexposed! LOL)

That's a great Cyclops costume though. And I really love the Storm costume, from what I can see of it!

You'll have to post pictures once you start working on it

And... my contribution to the Marvel thread-I have a fantastic Phoenix costume (it was a commission from a very talented costumer!) from X3 that I've worn on a few occasions. It's in my costumes gallery and I just love it. My husband went as movie Cyclops and when we went out on Halloween, we actually found a random Wolverine to pose with. He was a pretty good Wolverine too.
dreamsofnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #43
redx2501

i'm gonna start working on my deadpool costume this summer
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #44
otakusenshiange
Did you just say BLOUSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofnever View Post

And *sigh* No offense to the 99% of people who adore Wolverine, but... Wolverine and the X-Men? The character is already so over-exposed and now he's getting a title series with 'and the X-Men' as a second thought?

That's a great Cyclops costume though. And I really love the Storm costume, from what I can see of it!
It's a really great show, though. I hesitated, too, at first. BUT Steve Blum makes an AMAZING Wolverine, and the team is basically just Astonishing X-Men.
HOW CAN ANYONE RESIST THAT!?
I really recommend giving it a try.
otakusenshiange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #45
dreamsofnever

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakusenshiange View Post
It's a really great show, though. I hesitated, too, at first. BUT Steve Blum makes an AMAZING Wolverine, and the team is basically just Astonishing X-Men.
HOW CAN ANYONE RESIST THAT!?
I really recommend giving it a try.
Good to hear! I'll have to check it out What station is it on? I miss having a superhero cartoon to watch!

Thanks for the rec
dreamsofnever is offline   Reply With Quote