Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 07-26-2003, 08:00 PM   #1
hellbelle

Question (wrong person posted)

(wrong person posted)

Last edited by hellbelle : 07-24-2005 at 04:31 PM.
hellbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

I think the reg opens around 3-4 pm I'm not sure though, but from my past experince teh earlier your there the better X_x I was in line for 2 hours last year to get regged X_x
Minakolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2003, 07:25 AM   #3
hellbelle

(wrong person posted)

Last edited by hellbelle : 07-22-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Unread 07-27-2003, 02:07 PM   #4
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Actually, most cons start on Friday afternoon/evening, run all day Saturday and then end around 5-6pm on Sunday. For *good* cons that offer lots to do, it's not a problem as there are usually fun events and activities on Friday evening. For CN, I don't know if there's any point.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
Kisa

CNA's policy is "less information the better. That way we have a better chance of screwing you out of your money."

I'd honestly go early. We were there an hour before it opened, stood in line for an hour, and then didn't bother even trying to go the dealer's room, because the line was twice as long as just the registration line.
Kisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2003, 09:55 PM   #6
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

hellbelle,
its listed as 4 - 9 on the first page of each section (CNanime, CNSFX, CNCBE) quite clearly... and in the F.A.Q section also! You must have just missed it.

The lines aren't that long... but its best you get there atleast an hour before the convention starts.

Although Friday is very short there are things to do... later on! Can't wait to see you there!
Unread 07-28-2003, 08:18 AM   #7
Ninja Sensei

Keep in mind H-B,

CNA/SFX is not your regular 3-day con. Once the show is done for the day, there isn't anything besides the official parties or whatever you and your friends arrange yourself. It's like AN or TT where stuff is going on practically all night.
Ninja Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:15 AM   #8
hellbelle

(wrong person posted)

Last edited by hellbelle : 07-22-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:01 PM   #9
Ninja Sensei

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Sensei
Keep in mind H-B,

CNA/SFX is not your regular 3-day con. Once the show is done for the day, there isn't anything besides the official parties or whatever you and your friends arrange yourself. It's like AN or TT where stuff is going on practically all night.
There is some kind of party with whatever guests are already in town on Friday night. I can't tell you what it's like cuz I've never gone.

I think the best thing you could do would be to hop onto their site and read it over.

Sunnydale Central may have some stuff happening Saturday night against the masquerade. I'm not really sure.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Ninja Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:08 PM   #10
hellbelle

(wrong person posted)

Last edited by hellbelle : 07-22-2005 at 07:52 AM.
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:37 PM   #11
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

I'll be there all super happy and genki with my Roman Hikou yura sama costume on ^__^ not to hard to miss, a white suit school uniform with 4 other BRIGHT school uniforms to match mine. yay for happy Psycho le Cemu costumes ^____^

The thing with the guests friday night is at planet hollywood, just up the street. I went last year and i didn't see any guests there though O-o

Friday night is usually my spending night so if I'm not loitering I'll probally be up staris. But I think Nurikyo and I wanna reinact the roman hikou vid XD it's teh cutest most mest up PLC vid ever *_* but yeah firday night is usually the dead night, unless theres a MT pannel firday night but I dunno if I can get Ping done in time ;_; *crosses her fingers she can*
Unread 07-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #12
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

Quote:
Originally posted by hellbelle
Now, is ANYONE going to be there on late Friday afternoon/evening when the "CN festivites" begin? I just hope that there will be a big enough crowd--what should I expect? I was going to wear my fave costume on Friday..
I shall. But I would suggest wearing your main costume on Sat... which is the biggest day of the convention.
Friday for me is spending time in the crowds talking to people... going upstairs and getting the free stuff... go to the video rooms and maybe anime oragami, then head off to Hollywood Anime.

Quote:
Sunnydale Central may have some stuff happening Saturday night against the masquerade. I'm not really sure.
Shouldn't it be after the masq? O_o; like the Andy Hallet Karaoke last year (which ROCKED REALLY REALLY HARD!!!) I hope they don't schedule it against the masq because I am buying a Sunnydale Central pass... and attending the masq!!! :GRRRRR:
Unread 07-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #13
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

[]quote[]I dunno if I can get Ping done in time ;_; *crosses her fingers she can* []/quote[]

I dun think I'ma gonna get Pirogoth done either.. MAYBE.. but pretty sure i'm not x.x;

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #14
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

Change my plans for friday night, it's now Ping or cow boy toshiya and Yura on saturday morring >.>;;;

hellbelle, if you wanna meet up on friday night, just IM and I'll be happy to send ya pics of my costumes I'm wearing so you know it's me.
Unread 07-31-2003, 04:08 AM   #15
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

Quote:
I am EXTREMELY Angry at this latest development... they annonced a Reception/Dinner with Danny Strong & Harry Groener... but it takes place against the masq? They shall recieve an angry letter from me!!!

followed by a happy letter expressing my joy for the fact that they have made a Video for the Karaoke last year... Here is the trailer. Its supposed to be better quality... but it will be worth buying to possibly see me sing and make a fool of myself.