Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 195 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 02-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Edalyne
Weeee!

World of Warcraft Cosplay

Making a new thread for WoW cosplay. Blizzcon just got announced so Im betting more people with ideas for WoW cosplay are around...I hope So maybe we can share thoughts/ideas/progress of costumes here. (there are older threads...but they are...well, old)

Anyone else doing WoW Cosplays? Blizzcon or not?

Edit: I'm going as a Tier 2 Rogue. Go Bloodfang set Share your cosplays!

Also - If you're doing a cosplay thats something else Blizzard (Starcraft/diablo), join us!

Last edited by Edalyne : 06-02-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Edalyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Milkingit
Cow Crazy

Tauren Druid

Yeah I'm planing a Tauren Druid for Blizzcon. My girlfriend and I are flying down from Canada for it.

I'm not the most experienced Cosplayer, truthfully before I met my gf, I didnt even know what it was. I always made my Halloween costumes, and loved working on them. So once I found this site, with the knowledge in it. I was very appreciative.

I'm basing the mask off of matrices.net and her furry masks. Between that and this site I found here. I think I have a good handle on what to do.

I'm in the process of planning and I will be blogging/step by step what I'm doing as well with pictures. I will keep everyone updated.

Tauren Druid - 10% Done (Planing and Acquiring Materials) - Blizzcon 2009
Milkingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Edalyne
Weeee!

Awesome! Do share updates ^.^

So, I still don't know what I want to do. I've decided I want to do something robe related. I love all the different robes in WoW! Which is funny since I don't like playing caster classes that wear them!

Anywho, I've made a list of potential robes for myself. Anyone have any input as to which would be the most recognizable? Or just which one would be nice to see? They're all level 80 since I want to do stuff from WoTLK

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43583
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44180
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40602#.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40449#.
Unread 02-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
Milkingit
Cow Crazy

Robes

Well every raider worth their salt pretty much knows the Glacial Robes since its almost required gear when starting Sapharrion, unless you were already over geared for Naxx.

Robes of Mutation are actually considered by some to be better then over all Tier 7.5 peices, my girlfriend is actually wearing them now instead of her Frostfire. Untill she can get 1 more piece for her set bonus.

And I'll be posting the pics of the Tauren Skeleton head as soon as my said gf wakes up. The pics are on her cell phone, and I'm at work, she said she'd email me them.

Unread 02-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Edalyne
Weeee!

Yea, its why I chose them. I just hit 80 recently and haven't raided yet (GRR SCHOOL). I know my robes tho...especially with gulid members running junk and linking their gear when it drops in g-chat :P

But I think I'm leaning towards the t7 priest set (Valorous Robe of Faith - last ref pic). However, thats ALOT of damn work! I would want to make it look like it does in the picture, with all the gold designs and other stuff. The Glacial Robes would be much easier :P

I really really like the looks of the Robes of Mutation, however, I'm not sure about showing off stomach. Well, its waist...since it looks like they go up high and cover alot of stomach. Its not much exposed really, especially compared to other robes which show off alot more skin, but I think I want to keep the outfit one piece, so yea...I'm gonna drop that. :P Yay! we're narrowing things down!
Unread 02-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
mermaiden

I really wish I could make a Deathknight costume! I was a blood elf Warlock at last DragonCon (oh yeah, that's my avatar, hehe). Will probably wear it to a local con next month too. Was easy since all I needed to make was a dress. I'm nervous about DK armor though, lol!
mermaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
Edalyne
Weeee!

Oh my! I wouldn't know where to start with making armor. I was once going through a forum on making armor with wonderflex. It looks like the best way to make nice looking armor. Cept it would take ALOT of time and since you would need alot, I'm guessing costly too! Thats why I'm doing a clothy robe. :P Maybe I'll take a stab at wonderflex for my shoulders if i decide to do a pair of those...
Unread 02-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
Tonksie

I'm going! I'm trying to decide if I want to do something easy, since I have to make 3 costumes in 6 months, or if I should go for it and do something challenging. If I shoot for challenging, I can always re-use my draenei costume from last year, but I'd prefer to do something different.
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
CDF_Vagabond

I'm working on a Arthas Lich King outfit for next year I'm only about 25% done right now and I have already finished working on the helmet and sword
CDF_Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
Madam Boss
The Boss

I've cosplayed WoW at blizzcon every year except this one! I'm doing something from StarCraft. And I totally haven't even started yet. Hahaha.
Madam Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
Edalyne
Weeee!

I LOVED your whitemane Madam Boss!

So I decided I'm gonna challenge myself and do the Valorous Robe of Faith. I'll probably be one of 20 in them tho. I saw like 5 t7 priests walking around last blizzcon :P But the robes are so pretty! I just want to make them real. So i shall! I'll see if I'm up for crafting shoulders in the future. :P

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=-34#...hots:id=113247
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #12
Madam Boss
The Boss

aaw thanks Edalyne ^^

Whitemane was my biggest cosplay challenge I think, but this year I'm going to top it XD I say who cares how many of something is, as long as you have fun making yours. Plus those robes ARE really pretty. I'd make them just to HAVE them. lol
Madam Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #13
Milkingit
Cow Crazy

Madam

If you do Kerrigan, I think I might fall in love....

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
SvK

I'm also here in the thread about WoW costumes to express my appreciation of StarCraft costumes.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #15
Milkingit
Cow Crazy

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1922264/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1922263/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1922262/

The Start of my Head, the pictures are bad quality with a cell phone. I really gotta pick up my digital camera from my mom.