Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 09-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #3616
Synariel
Hours, If Not Days

Yup I just put "Protoss Executor Selendis" for mine. The 700 character limit threw me off too, lol!
Synariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #3617
Eva Xgouki

Last year the description was what was printed on the card they gave you to present before going on stage. They then read from the card to announce you before you walked out.
Eva Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #3618
LalaFTL
Red

Well, the premade tattoos didn't work so well when I removed them from the stencils; they curled and warped like crazy so I'm doing a direct application test right now with my stencils and it looks like this is going to be the way to go. Oh, 5am alarm, I am not looking forward to you...

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #3619
Tonksie

signed up for the contest! I'm a little late, so hopefully I'll still get in. No chance at all of winning with all of you awesome people out there, but it's more of a way to show off my hard work.

My leatherworking is not going fantastically. I'm having to reconsider how I'm putting things together. I think I have a new idea planned and it should work ok *crosses fingers*
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #3620
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

Signed up! Man I can't believe the crazy cash prizes this year, makes me wish I had planned something really crazy to actually compete to win!
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #3621
Nall
Diminutive White Dragon

I submitted my entry for the costume contest today, but I'm a little nervous about the "Only 100 qualified entries will be accepted" rule. Will it turn out later that I didn't submit in time or that I won't be "qualified" for some reason? I received a little automated confirmation email but that's not exactly very reassuring. >.>;
Nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #3622
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nall View Post
I submitted my entry for the costume contest today, but I'm a little nervous about the "Only 100 qualified entries will be accepted" rule. Will it turn out later that I didn't submit in time or that I won't be "qualified" for some reason? I received a little automated confirmation email but that's not exactly very reassuring. >.>;
They've never turned away people in costumes who wanted to go on stage. Plus, even if you're not qualified to win, you can still go up. Last year I think the head count back stage was somewhere near 150.
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #3623
essex1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryssa View Post
Signed up! Man I can't believe the crazy cash prizes this year, makes me wish I had planned something really crazy to actually compete to win!
Agreed!!

I still wish i knew how they judged or what they criteria for winning was... last year was so unorganized back stage.

word of mouth to form a line, 3 people with clipboards and they looked at the costume for 15 seconds in crappy backstage lighting....

Hell, Chris Metzen spent more time looking at my costume then the judges and all he wanted was photos with all the cosplayers before the stage walk.
Arms, Armor, and Awesome!
essex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #3624
Idmaif

just got back from vacation and submitted right as I heard. I have a month and a half to finish "Protoss Dark Templar"
Idmaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #3625
Aleze

Just signed up for the contest . . . bit nervous, especially about being required to stand for long periods in my hooves.

So I am gonna wear my costume from last year. But I do have time to improve it somewhat and I'm hoping for suggestions. I am gonna switch out the wig for a dark brown wavy one that I like better, make a new chest armor of some sort, and finish the shield that I started last year. Other possibilities include making better horns, more impressive shoulders, or accessories . . .

Any suggestions?

costume: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/160710/
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #3626
alicetehfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleze View Post
Just signed up for the contest . . . bit nervous, especially about being required to stand for long periods in my hooves.

So I am gonna wear my costume from last year. But I do have time to improve it somewhat and I'm hoping for suggestions. I am gonna switch out the wig for a dark brown wavy one that I like better, make a new chest armor of some sort, and finish the shield that I started last year. Other possibilities include making better horns, more impressive shoulders, or accessories . . .

Any suggestions?

costume: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/160710/
No suggestions but I wanted to say I was envious of your boots last year Only draenei feet that I saw that were spot on, and I loved how you sat at the photo shoot- like a real draenei, haha.

Essex is working on another shoulder tutorial with tons more pictures, if you figure out some shoulders you want to make. Should be up by Monday on our blog

You can also make a shield out of pink insulation sheet if you're good at carving!

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #3627
Eva Xgouki

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex1984 View Post
Agreed!!

I still wish i knew how they judged or what they criteria for winning was... last year was so unorganized back stage.

word of mouth to form a line, 3 people with clipboards and they looked at the costume for 15 seconds in crappy backstage lighting....

Hell, Chris Metzen spent more time looking at my costume then the judges and all he wanted was photos with all the cosplayers before the stage walk.
I will have to say that last year was more organized than the year before. In '08 that had us somehow get into lines in the waiting area (which was just as cramped) and go up one at a time to a table where they had to use a flashlight to see the costumes and ask questions. The first bunch went a bit slow then they were running out of time so almost half of the remaining costumers went up, were asked to turn and then sent away.

Hopefully they will be better this year with how they handle organization and judging backstage.
Eva Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #3628
Aleze

Synariel . . . I hope you won't be mad at me. But I've been looking through Blizzard artwork for something different to do and Selendis just looks amazing . . . and right up my ally. I might have to make it.

Gonna think about it for a day or so.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #3629
AnimeGamer
Photographer / Blogger

So while all of you are signing up for the Costume Contest that will be coming up in a little bit more then a month and a half's time - Kotaku posted some cosplay from PAX. Which includes this little photo of a Infested Kerrigan (using a body suit) and a Jim Raynor. It's not too terrible, considering they probably only had 2 or so months to put that stuff together, if that. Which means, I'm REALLY looking forward to the lot of you who have been working on your stuff for months. Or to the lot of you who have been procrastinating. :P

BlizzCon 2010 is only 46 days away...

There are links to all the photos I take on the sidebar of the blog.

Upcoming Conventions/Events:
San Diego Comic-Con 2014
Pacific Media Expo 2014
BlizzCon 2014

Italics indicate there is a chance I will not be able to attend due to various reasons or because I have not yet bought a convention badge.
AnimeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #3630
Pocket X
The Original Pocket

We entered the contest, and though winning would be awesome--I'm mainly hoping for the top 5 so I can scare the crap out of Jay Mohr. Nothing confuses a drunk guy like a huge, burly warrior having a little girl's voice coming out of its helm.

Good luck to everyone--Focus and create, you'll do fine I'm sure.

Blizzcon 2011: Level 1 Rogue Goblin.

Blizzcon 2010: t4 Warrior (Remake)

Previous Costumes: Druid Hoodie and t4 Warrior (WoW)
Pocket X is offline   Reply With Quote