Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 140 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 09-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #3631
WR_Pouncival
Hiding Behind Helmets

Aw man, I missed registration. I hope I can still get into the contest. I'm not expecting to win. I just want my 15 seconds of fame and to represent StarCraft on the stage!
WR_Pouncival is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #3632
Edalyne
Weeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_Pouncival View Post
Aw man, I missed registration. I hope I can still get into the contest. I'm not expecting to win. I just want my 15 seconds of fame and to represent StarCraft on the stage!

What? Its still letting me register... Does it say its full or something after u fill everything out? I heard they let people onto the stage to show off their costumes even if ur not registered. U just can't win anything.
Edalyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #3633
Aleze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicetehfaerie View Post
You can also make a shield out of pink insulation sheet if you're good at carving!
How much does the insulation foam cost? I do plan to use foam, but the hardware store I went to didn't have the stuff. And I found a 46"x94" foam mat at Biglots for $18 and just assumed it was cheaper. Is it?

I'm very frugal with my costumes. Mats add up . . .
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #3634
essex1984

That's a few bucks over what I pay at Home Depot, but ya about right on the price.
Arms, Armor, and Awesome!
essex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #3635
alicetehfaerie

I'm finally done with my Tyri wig!!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7273827_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5744828_n.jpg
/dance

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #3636
krystlejo42
krystlejo42

Quote:
Yay! Looks awesome!
krystlejo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #3637
Nozze

Your wig looks beautiful! Such a transformation from the original wig
Femshep N7 Armor ◈ Mass Effect 2

Conventions
GenCon '11 ◈ Aug 4-7
BlizzCon '11 ◈ Oct 21-22

Dream Costumes
Elspeth Tirel ◈ Magic: The Gathering

@quorrra

Last edited by Nozze : 09-27-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Nozze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #3638
LilLadyBug
AKA Pythya (PY!)

OMG - you guys - something went RIGHT. I think this is a first in the course of my sprite darter adventure! Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. But, I finally sat down Monday night and drew the pattern for my tail. Made a broadcloth mock-up this afternoon...and it actually worked out. I'm a little surprised.

So, there are still a couple of tiny problems. I need to unstuff/flatten the top portion under my skirt. Everything in this picture is sitting a little high, skirts included (hello, booty), but overall, it came out almost as I expected. (The wings aren't the wings I'll be using, but were used for scale.)

Pics!

I'd love some feedback if anyone has any.
LilLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #3639
Ayabi

A note about registration:

Traditionally, they email numbers out several weeks before the convention. Give it some time for them to confirm ticketed entries. To clarify, the email confirmation you received after registering does NOT confirm that you are a ticketed entry. This process takes time.

You can still *register* for the contest, but only the first 100 *confirmed* ticketed entries will be entered into the costume contest. You MAY still have a chance at getting in if you hit up the Information Desk at-con. If someone drops, you could get his or her spot if they opt to fill openings -- this happened at previous cons, anyway. They do not allow random entries to walk on just to get their "15 seconds of fame" because this contest is on a time schedule (sup, DirecTV). You can only go on stage if you take the place of someone who drops out in advance, and that is only if they do not have a standby list taken from online registration.

Sponsor reserves right to accept blah blah blah -- make an impression and you may still get on stage, but pleas alone will not help you. If you have a good attitude and a great presentation piece, you may get in.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #3640
alicetehfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayabi View Post

Traditionally, they email numbers out several weeks before the convention. Give it some time for them to confirm ticketed entries. To clarify, the email confirmation you received after registering does NOT confirm that you are a ticketed entry. This process takes time.

You can still *register* for the contest, but only the first 100 *confirmed* ticketed entries will be entered into the costume contest. You MAY still have a chance at getting in if you hit up the Information Desk at-con. If someone drops, you could get his or her spot if they opt to fill openings -- this happened at previous cons, anyway. They do not allow random entries to walk on just to get their "15 seconds of fame" because this contest is on a time schedule (sup, DirecTV). You can only go on stage if you take the place of someone who drops out in advance, and that is only if they do not have a standby list taken from online registration.

Sponsor reserves right to accept blah blah blah -- make an impression and you may still get on stage, but pleas alone will not help you. If you have a good attitude and a great presentation piece, you may get in.
Maybe it's different this year, but last year I went to the costume registration desk (without having registered for the contest) before the opening ceremonies even began, and asked if I could walk the stage. They said sure and handed me a paper to fill out, and I was good to go. Maybe it'll be the same this year?

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #3641
Ayabi

Quote:
Maybe it's different this year, but last year I went to the costume registration desk (without having registered for the contest) before the opening ceremonies even began, and asked if I could walk the stage. They said sure and handed me a paper to fill out, and I was good to go. Maybe it'll be the same this year?
The important factor here is time. If they have several openings and can take a few extra, they typically do. They have always tried to account for possible no-shows, but this is still no guarantee that you can walk the stage. You had the advantage of going to the desk before they got mobbed -- as well you should if you want to get in before other stand-bys.
Unread 09-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #3642
Idmaif

ok... about my costume. I am probly doing this one of the worst ways possible so I wanted some advice...

so I have this whole set of body armor made of paper mâché'd cardboard and I stapled silk on the insides so it is nicer to wear.. the way I was planning on covering it was with paper clay, but that would take a crapload of paper clay and a lot of work. (I have to do the body piece, upper arms, lower arms, upper legs, and lower legs). I like paper clay because of the smooth clear texture it puts on it, but that just seems like too much!
Idmaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #3643
Nall
Diminutive White Dragon

Quote:

I was afraid of that. >.<;

Do you have any idea of how quickly a person needs to have registered for the contest to get in? Can a person have waited a couple days or is it one of those things where you pretty much needed to jump on it within the first few hours/minutes?
Nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #3644
Ayabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nall View Post
Do you have any idea of how quickly a person needs to have registered for the contest to get in? Can a person have waited a couple days or is it one of those things where you pretty much needed to jump on it within the first few hours/minutes?
It entirely depends upon how many people flooded registration over the past few days. I know some people who registered late last year got into the contest because not everyone before them had tickets in their names. I registered ten minutes after entries opened last year and got second when entry numbers were emailed out (under my friend who called to tell me that lines opened). This contest is not known to fill up immediately.

tl;dr
You are only officially screauxed at this point if you do not have a ticket in your name.
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #3645
krystlejo42
krystlejo42

Quote:
tl;dr
You are only officially screauxed at this point if you do not have a ticket in your name.
Well that officially blows! I emailed Blizz to ask about it though. Never hurts to ask about anything.
krystlejo42 is offline   Reply With Quote