Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #4366
Falinadin

Yeah, unfortunately the stage last year wasn't just awkward, it was flat out dangerous. I hope the guy that fell and hurt his leg was ok I would assume that to avoid any lawsuits they'll have better traction next year, but who knows.
Falinadin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #4367
Pocket X
The Original Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falinadin View Post
Yeah, unfortunately the stage last year wasn't just awkward, it was flat out dangerous. I hope the guy that fell and hurt his leg was ok I would assume that to avoid any lawsuits they'll have better traction next year, but who knows.
Um, I'm gonna have to say for the guy that fell while dancing.. It didn't really have anything to do with the stage... More of the over ambitious and energetic er...Jumping.

But yes, the stage was poorly thought out for the costume walk.

Blizzcon 2011: Level 1 Rogue Goblin.

Blizzcon 2010: t4 Warrior (Remake)

Previous Costumes: Druid Hoodie and t4 Warrior (WoW)
Pocket X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #4368
Felseed
/nod-and-smile

Granted, that's how the Forsaken dance goes, but refraining from locking the knees when landing would have helped, as well. /Now-You-Know-Star!

~Felseed~
---
Felseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #4369
Tonksie

Yay! Ordered my wig!

So, again with this main color of doom. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=49893#screenshots:id=191648 (the main fabric). As I asked earlier, it's about the color of dirty dishwater and somehow manages to read both brown and gray.

I found a brown herringbone suiting that somehow manages to look gray, too. It goes pretty well color-wise, but there IS a pattern to it. ( http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...zprd_10104032a Looks more gray in real life ).

What do you all think about having a pattern to the fabric? I think that the colors are as close as I'm going to get without dying (which I really don't want to dye 20 yards of fabric >.<). You can't see the pattern too much from far away, but up close it's pretty blatant.

Can I just say that the pattern is within the tolerance of the pixels? Will you point and laugh at me for having a patterned fabric when the reference is a solid?
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #4370
alicetehfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonksie View Post
Yay! Ordered my wig!

So, again with this main color of doom. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=49893#screenshots:id=191648 (the main fabric). As I asked earlier, it's about the color of dirty dishwater and somehow manages to read both brown and gray.

I found a brown herringbone suiting that somehow manages to look gray, too. It goes pretty well color-wise, but there IS a pattern to it. ( http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...zprd_10104032a Looks more gray in real life ).

What do you all think about having a pattern to the fabric? I think that the colors are as close as I'm going to get without dying (which I really don't want to dye 20 yards of fabric >.<). You can't see the pattern too much from far away, but up close it's pretty blatant.

Can I just say that the pattern is within the tolerance of the pixels? Will you point and laugh at me for having a patterned fabric when the reference is a solid?
I really think that it doesn't make much of a difference, the pattern isn't that apparent, if it were like... flowers or plaid or something I'd be bothered like it but I think a bit of texture like that will be just fine, and fit in well with your costume.

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #4371
ProjectMatrix

I agree with Alice. As long as it's not some crazy pattern like flowers,plaid,psycodelic colors, hippy tye dye then I think you'll be fine. Little details can go a long way!

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #4372
Tonksie

I went ahead and ordered it! Got it this weekend, so I'll hopefully be able to start sewing once I get through some of the more hardcore wedding planning. I accidentally miscalculated how much I needed, and ended up getting about twice what I should actually use, lol. Oh well! Better too much than too little!

Off topic, but : Any of you so-cal people know of a good custom dressmaker/designer? Preferably one who is skilled in corsetry and/or victorian fashions? I'm looking into getting a custom wedding dress, and I don't have the skills or the stress capabilities to make my own, lol.
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #4373
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Hi, new here *waves*...finally working on a Sister Benedron cosplay after ages of admiring it and debating doing it.

Cut all my upper body armor out of my sintra today, so need to start heat forming that next week so that I can begin my detail sculpts, battle wear, and paint jobs. Had to use a jigsaw to cut it out because of all the curves...white plastic dust EVERYWHERE; I've vacuumed twice. Still coating everything.

Wing base is cut out, next is to carve, sand and then dremel in all the rounded edges and etchings, then a resin coat and a paint job! woo...at least I have a base!: base (....cost me some finger after a box cutter slipped >_>, injuries in the pursuit of cosplay) ignore the black lines, just was a guide for when I start the carving.

Spent most of today on my shoes; Started life as a pair of solid platform pink sandals; cut a hole in the platform, covered it with my black vinyl (will become a full boot eventually), and started a sculpt.

Rough start done, sanding comes next to smooth all the nasty looking lumps and bumps, then more sculpting, then more sanding, then coating, then painting, then aging >__<
shoe's of doom!

Really, really excited to finally be doing this costume though <3
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #4374
ProjectMatrix

Nice! And welcome kat! As someone who started sister benedron (put pushed her back for current project) start thinking on how u are going to attatch everything and travel with it. I.e. Wings to brestplate,etc. The last thing u need is for the con to be a week away and they aren't attatched(speaking from experience). Looks good so far! Are you going to blizzcon?

On a sad note if I am lucky enough to go twice I might scrap my sister benedron all together. I'm not in love with he like I use to be. I have always loved the undead (lvl 85 undead shado priest here ) so I might just do a set for an undead XD I am tired of making all those molds for sister benedron. Also good news! For my final in theater 101 I get to make a costume! And I convinced her to let me do a dranei inspired costume! I didn't pick an outfit from wow cause they can be a bit too complicated so I made my own. I will be following Aleze's tutorial for the feet (thanks Aleze for posting that!) and I'll post picks when it's done!

How is everyones progress going?

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #4375
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

I know how I'm attaching everything so I'm good there. I used to LARP so attaching armor and odd things, is one thing on this costume that I actually do know XD lol It comes all apart into fairly packable pieces (wings aside, but they are to scale; so they arn't that big and are very light)

Sadly no Blizzcon for me. I'm in Canada so I only really get to travel for one or two cons a year.
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #4376
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Murz View Post
Spent most of today on my shoes; Started life as a pair of solid platform pink sandals; cut a hole in the platform, covered it with my black vinyl (will become a full boot eventually), and started a sculpt.

shoe's of doom!
Wow, those look awesome! What kind of clay are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMatrix View Post
How is everyones progress going?
It's cool your teacher is letting you do that. Good luck on the boots.

This is all the progress I've made in a while. Because I'm using so many rings I decided to prep them all before I moved on. I'm beginning to doubt that decision simply because it's so boring just opening/closing and not weaving.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2890578/
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #4377
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

It's an air dry clay, don't remember the brand off the top of my head. It works really well with water for smoothing things out and attatching as your sculpting; and sand's really smooth.
I'm using a plumber's putty over the pieces closest to the ground to prevent too much breakage and painting a coat of resin over the sculpt to give it an extra layer of protection. The clay doesn't have any flex to begin with so I don't really have to worry about making it too hard.
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon

Unread 04-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #4378
Pocket X
The Original Pocket

I really need to start work on my costume.. And by work, I mean workout. I'm doing a majority on commission this year since I have no time outside of my new job for anything. Plus I need to ship myself for a weekend to Alice's to test some prosthetic and get those molded/casted for the other half of my costume.

Otherwise, I have... at least 20-30 pounds at the most to lose before October soooo... Perhaps Monday will be my start date--I need a cheer team though to keep me motivated.

UNLESS someone wants to make a bet with me that if I don't eat healthy and exercise, I have to do something crazy embarrassing at Blizzcon... It sounds weird but it totally helps me stick to my guns for months with a regimen.

Blizzcon 2011: Level 1 Rogue Goblin.

Blizzcon 2010: t4 Warrior (Remake)

Previous Costumes: Druid Hoodie and t4 Warrior (WoW)
Pocket X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #4379
catfetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket X View Post
I really need to start work on my costume.. And by work, I mean workout. I'm doing a majority on commission this year since I have no time outside of my new job for anything. Plus I need to ship myself for a weekend to Alice's to test some prosthetic and get those molded/casted for the other half of my costume.

Otherwise, I have... at least 20-30 pounds at the most to lose before October soooo... Perhaps Monday will be my start date--I need a cheer team though to keep me motivated.

UNLESS someone wants to make a bet with me that if I don't eat healthy and exercise, I have to do something crazy embarrassing at Blizzcon... It sounds weird but it totally helps me stick to my guns for months with a regimen.
If you don't lose at least 20lbs you need to do some sort of dance (I don't know what you are doing so I don't know what dance would be relevant) during the costume contest.

I will also be trying to cut a few inches off my waist before con season :O
catfetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #4380
Edalyne
Weeee!

I haven't done much with my costume either. I started some daggers and thought they looked terribad. Getting them commissioned instead. I'm finishing my master's degree and work 40 hours. I don't have time to figure them out. I have worked on getting some things for my fiancees Raynor, so I guess that's always some progress :P

Pocket, I need to lose about that many pounds too. I've lost 5 in Jan and kinda havent done anything beyond that. I could totally use a cheer team too, so we can cheer on each other
Edalyne is offline   Reply With Quote