Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #4381
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!
 
Syrinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 675
oh man... 175... i wish the prices wouldn't keep going up
__________________
ACEN 2013

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #4382
moldycheese
Registered User
 
moldycheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
Now that blizzcon ticket sales have been announced...I'm kind of feeling the itch to go again.... and with that I kind of want to make another costume (and I think my second costume can be better!)

I have no idea what to make though!! I kind of want something troll inspired (I srsly love trolls) and something fun/unique (maybe not my character in tier gear again as i'm not a huge fan of my caterpillars-leaning-over-toilet-bowl shoulders......).

any suggestions?

/goestoperuseZGandZAbosspictures
moldycheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #4383
Seiten Taisei
Mama Witch
 
Seiten Taisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 366
I have a quick question, I have started on the Dark lady, I was just wondering on how to make the bow. Would simple wood and expanding isolation foam (cut and sanded) work as a base?
Would I be able to sand expanding foam, for the shape I want it?
__________________

~{Seiten Taisei's Deviant Art}~
~{Founder of SoS Cosplay/SoS Outfitters}~
~{Owner and Queen of Thieves of Steam Paradigm}~
~Future Cosplay~

Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, The Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner- 20% Done
Not the Action Figure Version.
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron,- 10% Done
For my husband.

Seiten Taisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #4384
essex1984
Registered User
 
essex1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 295
Yep, you can sand and cut Expanding foam just fine. 100-150 grit works fine. I use a 6 inch serrated steak knife to shape with also.

Make sure that once your happy with the shape that if you have large air pockets you will need to fill them prior to paint.
__________________
Facebook!!
Triple A Cosplay
AlicetehFaerie's and My Cosplay blog
Arms, Armor, and Awesome!
essex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #4385
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms
 
dbchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by moldycheese View Post
Now that blizzcon ticket sales have been announced...I'm kind of feeling the itch to go again.... and with that I kind of want to make another costume (and I think my second costume can be better!)

I have no idea what to make though!! I kind of want something troll inspired (I srsly love trolls) and something fun/unique (maybe not my character in tier gear again as i'm not a huge fan of my caterpillars-leaning-over-toilet-bowl shoulders......).

any suggestions?

/goestoperuseZGandZAbosspictures
High Priestess Mar'li? Arlokk? Jeklik? They're all from the original ZG, I don't know if they'll be back in the re-vamp. Arlokk is a little scantily clad, I'd probably put my vote down for high priestess jeklik.
__________________

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."

Last edited by dbchan : 04-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #4386
Seiten Taisei
Mama Witch
 
Seiten Taisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by essex1984 View Post
Yep, you can sand and cut Expanding foam just fine. 100-150 grit works fine. I use a 6 inch serrated steak knife to shape with also.

Make sure that once your happy with the shape that if you have large air pockets you will need to fill them prior to paint.
Thank you very much! I was wondering cause I have to make some skulls for my husband Lich King Cosplay. And felt that that would be a lighter alternative then using metal.
__________________

~{Seiten Taisei's Deviant Art}~
~{Founder of SoS Cosplay/SoS Outfitters}~
~{Owner and Queen of Thieves of Steam Paradigm}~
~Future Cosplay~

Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, The Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner- 20% Done
Not the Action Figure Version.
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron,- 10% Done
For my husband.

Seiten Taisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #4387
Meeweka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Heey guys, I have been looking for some opinions on how to make the chestpiece of Jaina Proudmoore's current outfit look
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8909/fullbody.jpg
http://www.laughing-geek.com/alterna...ina-714395.jpg
I look at it, and all I see is a shiny silver metal chestpiece... but lorewise Mages only wear cloth (Unless Jaina is the exception), and I want to be both lore-accurate and look-accurate O.o Should I just stick with lore and make it from a shiny satin or similar material, or should I go ahead and make a metal looking piece with craftfoam/pleather/something...?
Meeweka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #4388
essex1984
Registered User
 
essex1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 295
@meeweka: Although mage, priest, warlock all are considered "clothies" this does not mean the only thing there armor is made from is cloth. Its a misconception among wow cosplayers that cloth, leather, mail can only contain that type of material.

If you want to go with a stronger armored chestpiece then go for it. I think i would look very good.
__________________
Facebook!!
Triple A Cosplay
AlicetehFaerie's and My Cosplay blog
Arms, Armor, and Awesome!
essex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #4389
Hentai_god
Tormantor
 
Hentai_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 120
GOOD NEWS my Deathwing armor is dry ^^
__________________
ADD MOI a votre MSN ,je vais vous guider vers le chemin.....le chemin du paradis du hentai
^^



Je reste tu vivre ici ou je demenage au japon? la est la question
Hentai_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #4390
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms
 
dbchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeweka View Post
Heey guys, I have been looking for some opinions on how to make the chestpiece of Jaina Proudmoore's current outfit look
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8909/fullbody.jpg
http://www.laughing-geek.com/alterna...ina-714395.jpg
I look at it, and all I see is a shiny silver metal chestpiece... but lorewise Mages only wear cloth (Unless Jaina is the exception), and I want to be both lore-accurate and look-accurate O.o Should I just stick with lore and make it from a shiny satin or similar material, or should I go ahead and make a metal looking piece with craftfoam/pleather/something...?
I've seen a lot of people interpret it as white or silver and wear it as cloth.

Go with whatever medium you're comfortable working with!
__________________

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #4391
alicetehfaerie
Registered User
 
alicetehfaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 264
For anyone looking for body paint this year (green in particular, but I've got some browns, grays and blues swatched too) we went to Kryolan today to get swatches for a bunch of friends (no body paint for us this year!) so maybe this will be helpful: http://tripleacosplay.com/2011/04/30...lins-and-more/
__________________
Check out mine and Essex's cosplay blog for tutorials on wigs, armor, and weapons, as well as tips and tricks: www.tripleacosplay.com or our Facebook page!


Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #4392
krystlejo42
krystlejo42
 
krystlejo42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 78
Sigh. So.... while I had most of my costume done..... I may not get to cosplay this year. I'm going to salvage what I can though. I'm in Northeast Arkansas and its flooding really bad here. The levees broke. And I now have 2 foot of water in my bedroom. Keep your fingers crossed that I can still pull something off! I hate bad luck
krystlejo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #4393
LilLadyBug
AKA Pythya (PY!)
 
LilLadyBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlejo42 View Post
Sigh. So.... while I had most of my costume done..... I may not get to cosplay this year. I'm going to salvage what I can though. I'm in Northeast Arkansas and its flooding really bad here. The levees broke. And I now have 2 foot of water in my bedroom. Keep your fingers crossed that I can still pull something off! I hate bad luck
Aww, honey! I'm so sorry! OMG I can't even imagine - not just the costuming stuff - but your HOME in that much water. The cleanup is going to be horrendous! Ma Nature isn't making any friends this year I'm afraid.
__________________
Find me on Facebook!
Blizzcon2011: Day 1
T9 Druid
Blizzcon2011: Day 2 Sprite Darter, round 2, burlesqued!

Blizzcon2010: Day 1 Sprite Darter!!

LilLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #4394
alicetehfaerie
Registered User
 
alicetehfaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 264
Mario and I will be heading down to the Anaheim area the first week of June (not sure on exact dates yet) and wanted to see if we should organize a cosplayer meet up? Who would want to meet us and have lunch or something?
__________________
Check out mine and Essex's cosplay blog for tutorials on wigs, armor, and weapons, as well as tips and tricks: www.tripleacosplay.com or our Facebook page!


Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #4395
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen
 
Reformed Tomboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 340
I'd be down. It heavily depends on what day(s) you're down here, but I do know there's a few of us in the area. I'm going on a trip up to San Francisco the second weekend, I leave the 9th I think. Hopefully I'll be picking up my body paint that trip.

Also, we're only 5 months away already! Time flies.
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.