Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 220 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #4381
Edalyne
Weeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfetus View Post
If you don't lose at least 20lbs you need to do some sort of dance (I don't know what you are doing so I don't know what dance would be relevant) during the costume contest.
OGRE. It's supposed to be embarrassing, not relevant to her costume. :P
Edalyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #4382
Falinadin

I'm trying to lose a bit of weight too The life of cosplayers!
My weakness is junk food/desserts. I'm in college atm and the dorm dining hall has so many cookies...
So the other day I went to the store and got a bunch of sugar free jello, and I'm going to try to stick to that for my sweet tooth. Hopefully it helps!
Normally there's a nice weight loss thread on the Blizzcon forums, I'm hoping it'll be up soon.
Falinadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #4383
krystlejo42
krystlejo42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket X View Post
I really need to start work on my costume.. And by work, I mean workout. I'm doing a majority on commission this year since I have no time outside of my new job for anything. Plus I need to ship myself for a weekend to Alice's to test some prosthetic and get those molded/casted for the other half of my costume.

Otherwise, I have... at least 20-30 pounds at the most to lose before October soooo... Perhaps Monday will be my start date--I need a cheer team though to keep me motivated.

UNLESS someone wants to make a bet with me that if I don't eat healthy and exercise, I have to do something crazy embarrassing at Blizzcon... It sounds weird but it totally helps me stick to my guns for months with a regimen.
Ugh. I just started my diet a couple weeks ago. And I know it sounds crazy, but, one of the things my roomie and I are doing is everytime we eat, we take a picture of the food, and post it in the living room.... so we can make fun of each other into eating healthy. I know it sounds retarded, but its working. XD
krystlejo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #4384
alicetehfaerie

Mario and I are likely heading down to the LA/Anaheim area for a few days at the end of June, so we were wondering if anybody in the area (or on the way from San Fran to there) who doesn't have access to the pink insulation foam we use for shields and swords (and almost everything else) would like us to bring them some? We can sell them back to you in full or half sheets, and we'll either be getting the 2" stuff or the thinner stuff depending on if anybody is interested.

Or, if anyone has anything they'd like us to make that we could make by then, we can deliver it as well

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #4385
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

More wing work done today, tiers carved in (thanks TJ....again...no sharp objects for me).

I got them sanded down, lines dremeled in (I learned to use a dremel! yyaayy), curly cues dremeled in; need's to be sanded again to clean raged edges and pen marks, some of the curls need to be deepened, and the top curl teired a-bit for dimension, screw pieces added, ruins run down the outside, banged up a bit for battle wear, smoothed, round edges as needed and then resined and then painted...

....and this is only one of two wings...sooo still a lot to do here >___<

wing progress ho!!

For my first real prop intensive costume and first time working with a lot of this stuff; I'm super happy with how it's going so far ^__^!! <3
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #4386
Tonksie

That looks awesome, Kat!

@Alice- No need of insulation foam for my costumes, but, if you're going to be here a couple of days and have time, it'd be fun to have a blizz cosplayers lunch meet-up!
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #4387
ProjectMatrix

Looks nice kat! Starting my kinda dranei costume (for school) today starting with the feet! Will probably post pics up later! These feet are gonna be fun! Especially since I am my teachers height ( 5'2") and when I have these puppies on I'll tower over her! I better get LOTS of extra credit for this...

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #4388
Edalyne
Weeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonksie View Post
That looks awesome, Kat!

@Alice- No need of insulation foam for my costumes, but, if you're going to be here a couple of days and have time, it'd be fun to have a blizz cosplayers lunch meet-up!
Same. I'd love to meet with all of you again. I met many of you guys, however, some of you I only talked to for a few moments back stage or at the fountain. Lunch sounds like a fun idea
Edalyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #4389
alicetehfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonksie View Post

It all depends on if we can find somewhere to stay, I think. I don't take time off work often since I'm a nanny and I hate asking for them to have to either take time off of their work too or find someone to come and watch the kids, but it looks like if we can get the two commissions we're working on that we're wanting to bring down with us by the last week of March, we'll come down then, until June 4 or so. I have that whole week off already because my boss is going on vacation, and it means we can stay longer than a day then drive back up.

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #4390
Shaylyn

Hey guys! I wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone I had to scrap pretty much all my costume ideas because my rent went up and my income went down, but I have some minor costume plans in mind.

Kat, those are looking incredible

I'd love to join you guys in a cosplay meet up. I miss being around here!
Shaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #4391
reddish_designs

I guess the time is drawing near, last year tickets went on sale for Blizzcon around June right?
This will be my friest Blizzcon and my first ever costume contest!! Is there any other communities or forums where you guys get togeather, I'd love to meet up with anyone, esp. us cosplayers. I'm really not sure how to go about entering etc. So anyone who has entered before, mind giving me some insight on how things go down.

Anyone else going from Texas? Thats where I'm comming from. -_- Haven't even started on my costume, I have loads of sewing and fiberglass work and thats not even the half of it!!
reddish_designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #4392
ProjectMatrix

@reddish: I was from Texas but i moved in December to Missouri : / but I haven't been to a Blizzcon yet but I really do suggest starting as soon as you can! Especially if you're fiberglassing...from my experience it always takes 3 times as long to do the "finishing" on fiberglass than i anticipate ^^" Best of luck to you on your endeavor

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #4393
Nozze

Matrix, where in Missouri are you located? I've struggled to find fellow cosplayers that are local to me, I'm in the Kansas City area.
Femshep N7 Armor ◈ Mass Effect 2

Conventions
GenCon '11 ◈ Aug 4-7
BlizzCon '11 ◈ Oct 21-22

Dream Costumes
Elspeth Tirel ◈ Magic: The Gathering

@quorrra
Nozze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #4394
LalaFTL
Red

Yay, glad to see some progress shots and such! Hope everyone's work is going well.

If Reformed is still lurking around here somewhere... Or anyone who has done scalework: I've been working on my scale bra and sleeve and was wondering whether you were using split rings or jump rings. I ordered split and they're driving me absolutely insane; I can only seem to get the scales to lay right maybe 50% of the time on the first shot. I'm seriously considering looking around bead stores here and seeing if I can find some bitty jump rings to switch to before I lose even more of my sanity and save twice the time. I think even if I soldered the jump rings shut I'd save time over using the split rings. >< Is there some sort of trick to using the split rings that I'm too retarded to figure out? Maybe I'm just going about building the whole thing the wrong way... I looked up some tutorials but I'm still having the same problem repeatedly.

I have much more appreciation for those who do their own scale/ring work now. x_x The patience required is just crazy. I have a feeling the pride you get when the damn thing is finished makes it totally worth it though!

I also got my Wonderflex and fur but I'm waiting til summer to play with those. The Wonderflex is scary... Hopefully my armor turns out alright...

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #4395
reddish_designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMatrix View Post
@reddish: I was from Texas but i moved in December to Missouri : / but I haven't been to a Blizzcon yet but I really do suggest starting as soon as you can! Especially if you're fiberglassing...from my experience it always takes 3 times as long to do the "finishing" on fiberglass than i anticipate ^^" Best of luck to you on your endeavor
Bah I feel so LONELY in Texas, especially since my cosplay I hardly do any anime characters. I was going to Debut at Oni-Con, but its either the same weekend as Blizzcon so I'm going to miss it.

Yeah luckily only part of the mask and shoulders are fiberglass. I'm doing Warlock in Tier 10, i thought it looked so fun!! I hope to start updating progress soon, everyone has such great looking costumes so far, and the ones from past events are great as well!!
reddish_designs is offline   Reply With Quote