Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 198 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #4966
Tonksie

Haha, I also got mine, and IMMEDIATE butterflies in the tummy!

We'll all do great though!
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #4967
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

Don't be scared! Be excited!

I might have to run around the house going "Wheeeee!" later to let off some steam. teehee.

I think it's safe to say the shoot will be at 3pm- Pocket explicity states in the thread that it will take place precisely 1.5 hours before we have to be backstage.

See you all there!

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #4968
Kagato
Madman Without A Box

I got mine as well. Since my costume isn't ready, I'm going to email them and let them know I can't make the contest. So if anyone ends up on the waiting list, there is at least one spot opening up.

Anime Expo 2009: Valkyria Chronicles Squad Leader (Squad 13)
Anime Expo 2008: Captain Harlock

Blog: HyperionEdge
Kagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #4969
BeastlyCrow
Beast DK

Almost done with my Worgen's Tier pieces!! But sadly I'm coming down with small cold >_< hopefully I won't get worse next week in the outfit at Blizzcon..
BeastlyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #4970
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

drink lots of orange juice!

your progress pics of the worgen look pretty cool!

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #4971
Kyleia
Stargate Dorktastic

Made alot of progress tonight, the only exception being the spirit gum+ ears.
The ears have little holes i';m supposed to tuck my ears into and i guess the shape keeps them from flopping over. I put spirit gum on my ears, let them get tacky, shoved my ears in the holes, and held it for about 5 minutes. Two things happened.
1) They settled from a 45 degree angle to a horizontal angle (pointing straight back) even though I held them upright when they dried.
2) I was practicing some moves involving turning my head and the ears came right off! Well, one did, and i shook my head to see how well they were attached and then the other fell off.

Is it a lack of spirit gum? Should I be putting on more? Did I not hold it long enough? or are they meant to be that fragile? This was my first foray into the world of spirit gum Oh, and now my hair is stuck to my ears. o.O

Thanks for any help, you guys have been so amazing, you're gonna really be proud of my costume !

Blizzcon 2011 Photos: www.photobucket.com/blizzcon2011
**MY NEW COSPLAY PAGE ** http://www.facebook.com/AlikiaCosplay

Thanks everyone so much for helping me out! You are all amazing, talented, creative people!!
Kyleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #4972
Kyleia
Stargate Dorktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
I got mine as well. Since my costume isn't ready, I'm going to email them and let them know I can't make the contest. So if anyone ends up on the waiting list, there is at least one spot opening up.
I didn't get any e-mail, so I guess that means I'm on a waiting list?

Thanks everyone so much for helping me out! You are all amazing, talented, creative people!!
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #4973
alicetehfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleia View Post
Made alot of progress tonight, the only exception being the spirit gum+ ears.
The ears have little holes i';m supposed to tuck my ears into and i guess the shape keeps them from flopping over. I put spirit gum on my ears, let them get tacky, shoved my ears in the holes, and held it for about 5 minutes. Two things happened.
1) They settled from a 45 degree angle to a horizontal angle (pointing straight back) even though I held them upright when they dried.
2) I was practicing some moves involving turning my head and the ears came right off! Well, one did, and i shook my head to see how well they were attached and then the other fell off.

Is it a lack of spirit gum? Should I be putting on more? Did I not hold it long enough? or are they meant to be that fragile? This was my first foray into the world of spirit gum Oh, and now my hair is stuck to my ears. o.O

Thanks for any help, you guys have been so amazing, you're gonna really be proud of my costume !
You might need more spirit gum? What kind of ears are you using, do you have a picture? My ears the last two years were held on with spirit gum and lasted all day.

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #4974
Kyleia
Stargate Dorktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicetehfaerie View Post
You might need more spirit gum? What kind of ears are you using, do you have a picture? My ears the last two years were held on with spirit gum and lasted all day.
I got the rubie's wow brand night elf ears. Everyone said they were great as long as you cut the elastic and spirit gummed em on...
I've uploaded pics to my photobucket.. but here's one shot.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_1897.jpg

Edited to add: I thought i'd be brilliant and put glow in the dark paint all over the glaives.. instead, because the paint job wasn't sealed, i managed to turn them black and silver with no green. Been having to repaint the glaives... at least its custom now! heh

Last edited by Kyleia : 10-15-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #4975
ShadowBeast

Quote:

When my friend borrowed my elf ears for AX this year, she had difficulty keeping them on. I recommended to her that she use her earrings in order to pin the elf ears to her actually ear, and it worked wonderfully. Those ears werent ever coming off

Being a guy, I don't have the luxury of being able to do this, but if your elf ears are the right shape you might be able to have your earrings make sure your they stay on, while spirit gum helps to keep them in the right position. This of course all depends on how large your elf ears are.
Blizzcon - 2011 -- Tier 2 Paladin Armor - World of Warcraft

Check out my Facebook Cosplay page :

http://www.facebook.com/ShadowCosplay
ShadowBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 02:22 AM   #4976
alicetehfaerie

Quote:
I got the rubie's wow brand night elf ears. Everyone said they were great as long as you cut the elastic and spirit gummed em on...
I've uploaded pics to my photobucket.. but here's one shot.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_1897.jpg
Yeah... I have no idea on those, sorry. I've never used anything like those, they seem really difficult to deal with. I usually go with Aradani's ears: http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears

Blizzcon Costumes
Blizzcon 2013 (In progress):
Blizzcon 2011: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades
Blizzcon 2010: Diablo 3 Witchdoctor, Tyrigosa
Blizzcon 2009: Draenei, Blood elf in lovely purple dress

alicetehfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #4977
Synariel
Hours, If Not Days

I have those exact ears, and I actually use the elastic that they came with and it works fairly well. But since it may not be possible to reattach the elastic, what you could do is hot glue or epoxy them to a plastic headband and wear it under your wig if you have one.
Synariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #4978
Kyleia
Stargate Dorktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synariel View Post
I have those exact ears, and I actually use the elastic that they came with and it works fairly well. But since it may not be possible to reattach the elastic, what you could do is hot glue or epoxy them to a plastic headband and wear it under your wig if you have one.
When I was shopping for ears, I'd say at least 20 of 30 people who left reviews said the ears were really great, realistic etc etc.... but to cut the elastic and use spirit gum to attach them because it's much more comfortable/viable.

Well, the cord's cut now, and I'm not sure how well the headband thing would go, I've got alot of other stuff going on too. I guess more spirit gum is not necessarily a good thing? lol.

@shadowbeast i like the clip idea ill go look around see if i can find any cuffs. There is one particular point that iw as holding while the spirit gum was drying that if i could some how affix a good attachment (aka clip/cuff/etc) then I think it would help a TON.

How long should I let spirit gum dry? i mean, after i put the ears on.. how long should i hold it? <3 thanks yall

Last edited by Kyleia : 10-15-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Unread 10-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #4979
Idmaif

hi guys.... i bet you are all going crazy that blizzcon is only a few days away! i almost cry just saying that phrase because i wont be able to make it, i looked and looked but never got a job so i wasnt able to afford going at all this year

but i just want everyone to know that i will be cheering you guys on from the live stream!
i mean i went to 2009 and 2010 so at least i got to experience it, but i just feel so sad knowing that i wont be able to be there.... but i hope you guys have fun!
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #4980
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

i hear ya, idmaif. i wasn't able to go this year either. there's always next year though!! i fully intend on going next year. and i hope to have an awesome costume as well

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote