Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 198 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #4981
moldycheese

i didn't get an email yet... nothing about being on a waiting list either =(

I assume I didn't get in the initial acceptance group, but does anyone know when they let you know how far you are down the waiting list?

/sadface
moldycheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #4982
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

Wow! Hi, new member here and I just discovered this area of the forums and have been reading the last few pages. It is exciting to see so much Blizzcon participation! I am so happy for everyone going! I can't wait to see you all on the stream.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #4983
ShadowBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Wow! Hi, new member here and I just discovered this area of the forums and have been reading the last few pages. It is exciting to see so much Blizzcon participation! I am so happy for everyone going! I can't wait to see you all on the stream.
Welcome, if you like warcraft and costumes this is the thread for you

Also, it's always nice to see new faces of those who enjoy warcraft cosplay
Blizzcon - 2011 -- Tier 2 Paladin Armor - World of Warcraft

Check out my Facebook Cosplay page :

http://www.facebook.com/ShadowCosplay
ShadowBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #4984
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
Welcome, if you like warcraft and costumes this is the thread for you

Also, it's always nice to see new faces of those who enjoy warcraft cosplay
Thanks! That'd be me. I am doing my best to bring a little more Orc representation to Gencon (and now here I guess). Blizzcon is a pipe dream for me to actually attend for the time being, but it is fun to converse with others who go and get tips. And I will be ready if I ever get the chance.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #4985
ShadowBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Thanks! That'd be me. I am doing my best to bring a little more Orc representation to Gencon (and now here I guess). Blizzcon is a pipe dream for me to actually attend for the time being, but it is fun to converse with others who go and get tips. And I will be ready if I ever get the chance.
You can never have too many Horde I say. Especially orcs.

If you enjoy watching BlizzCon, then you should definitely attend next year :-) and bring with you some of your Orc representation also I see from your signature that you are working on a Orc Shaman. I can't wait to see a costume like that

Unread 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #4986
Synariel
Hours, If Not Days

Quote:
i didn't get an email yet... nothing about being on a waiting list either =(

I assume I didn't get in the initial acceptance group, but does anyone know when they let you know how far you are down the waiting list?

/sadface
I haven't received an e-mail about either waitlist or acceptance either. I'm hoping they might be sending out e-mails in waves, and that our wave just hasn't been sent yet. Hopefully we'll find out soon; it's less than a week away now O.O
Synariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #4987
Cjiadon
Ooh...soft.

Welcome Spiritwalker! May I just say that in addition to your shaman costumes, I am excited to see a finished Tuxedo Mask.

Do we know if they email you at all if you are on the waitlist? I was under the impression they didn't, but this is my first time entering the contest so I very well could be wrong/dumb.

I just got done putting dye in my hair. My glove broke at the tip of my index finger and now my nail is all blueish-purple! I wasn't planning on painting my nails for my costume but I guess I am now. >.>

Interested in chainmaille jewelry or anime/video game inspired clothing? Then check out my Etsy Store, Lotus Chainmaille.
Cjiadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #4988
LalaFTL
Red

Yay, always good to get some new people in here. :>

Good luck to all those who have yet to receive an Email confirmation; I am sincerely hoping they still have a wave of Emails to send out yet so you guys can get in. Hopefully you can at least walk, even if you're not officially in the contest. >< Stupid time constraints!

So today, I am making my shoe covers, hopefully getting at least one kneepad sculpted, and dyeing my hair from Dutch ginger to Irish ginger. Tomorrow's plan is to carve the skull for my axe, get the whole axe ready for paint, sculpt the other kneepad, and paint the remaining pieces of my armor. Tuesday I am strapping/sewing everything together and doing the last bits of weathering needed.

It's actually kind of nice to have 5 projects going at once, since I have to wait for so many things to dry before moving on with them. Hopefully everything really comes together on Tuesday.

The last week is so fun, even though I am stressing about finishing; it's everyone's crunch time and everyone is finishing so there are pictures posted everywhere, yay. Last stretch - good luck, all!

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #4989
ShadowBeast

I have a question for all of you who have received costume contest confirmation e-mail.

I've noticed a few individuals already planning on what they would like their costume announced as, so I'm assuming it says something about this in the e-mail. So my question is, when we received this e-mail do we reply to it with what we would like to be announced as? or do we fill out a card on site at BlizzCon?

Unread 10-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #4990
Synariel
Hours, If Not Days

Quote:
So my question is, when we received this e-mail do we reply to it with what we would like to be announced as? or do we fill out a card on site at BlizzCon?
If I'm remembering correctly from last year, when you "check in" between 10 and 2:30 at the con, they have you fill out something where you put that info.
Synariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #4991
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

It's both. If you reply with something it's pre-printed on the card (a good option for those who have bad handwriting). Or when you check in you can write something in. However, my card last year wasn't printed correctly, and they wouldn't let me change it so.... it's up to you really.
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:57 AM   #4992
Kyleia
Stargate Dorktastic

OMG YOU GUYS! 48 HOURS TIL I LEAVE! *goes into freak out mode*

Seriously though, I'm having so many troubles with the wig and body paint I might just go as a human rogue. Going to do another run tomorrow night on the paint and the wig will get cut tomorrow and will see how it goes, but I'm mostly done.

Maybe 90% done?
Here's a picture. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_1958.jpg
More in my album : www.photobucket.com/blizzcon2011costume

So excited to meet everyone! Will be at the dinner for a bit, and also early on Friday.

Blizzcon 2011 Photos: www.photobucket.com/blizzcon2011
**MY NEW COSPLAY PAGE ** http://www.facebook.com/AlikiaCosplay

Thanks everyone so much for helping me out! You are all amazing, talented, creative people!!
Kyleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #4993
Cjiadon
Ooh...soft.

I don't know about giving them info when you get there (first time in the competition here), but I do know that in the confirmation email, you are asked to reply with what name you would like to be announced and an eight word or less description of your costume.

Kyleia, I think it's coming together nicely. I really loves your glaives.

Interested in chainmaille jewelry or anime/video game inspired clothing? Then check out my Etsy Store, Lotus Chainmaille.
Cjiadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #4994
Skylin

This is the email I recieved last Friday on the 14th from blizzard about the contest for those wondering.

-----------------------------
Greetings Cosplayers!

BlizzCon approaches! If you are receiving this email then you have successfully registered for the 2011 Costume Contest.

Please read the following information carefully to compete in the contest:

•You will need to sign in at our "Guest Services" counter between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, Friday October 21, located outside of the event halls, in the center of the lobby, between halls C and B.
•THERE IS ALREADY A WAITING LIST. IF YOU DO NOT SIGN IN BY 2:00 PM, YOUR SPOT WILL BE GIVEN AWAY AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE.
•Upon checking in you’ll receive a contest pass that will allow you through security into our contestant holding area backstage at the main stage in Hall D. This pass will contain your name and costume announcement information (More info below), so it’s important you hold on to the card.
•All contestants will need to make their way to the backstage area of Hall D at 4:30 PM. The entrance will be located above the Dwarf Statue as shown in your BlizzCon map. Showing up late may jeopardize your opportunity to participate.
•BlizzCon staff members will be onsite near the backstage entrance to provide you with further instructions.

We are going to be providing you with a card with your name and costume description to hand over to our PA so a proper announcement can be made while you are on stage. Please reply back and fill in the blanks. Make sure to include any notes on the pronunciation of your name, if necessary.

Name to be announced:

Costume Description (Limit 8 words):

If you have any questions, please email us at BlizzConContest@blizzard.com. Thank you again! Have a safe trip, and we’ll see you on Friday.
----------------

I'd say check in no matter what, waitlist or not.
Skylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #4995
BeastlyCrow
Beast DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbchan View Post
drink lots of orange juice!

your progress pics of the worgen look pretty cool!

Oh thank you lots! I seem to be getting better wooo! Finishing last min touch ups because my flight to cali leaves next morning. Staying with friends for bit till bf and I reach con for ticket pick up.
BeastlyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote