Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 150 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 10-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #5086
birdyface
Lonan the Bearbarian

Do table 2 people count as cool ponies, or are we non-cool ponies because we were at an inferior table?
birdyface is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #5087
WR_Pouncival
Hiding Behind Helmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdyface View Post
Do table 2 people count as cool ponies, or are we non-cool ponies because we were at an inferior table?
:P Of course you count as cool.
WR_Pouncival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #5088
ShadowBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireshark View Post
Congrats to everyone who made the runnerups! ^___^

I skimmed those forums, and whoa.... does it really seem to anyone else that it's a 'hot girls! omg! which one is prettier!!' contest, and whoever has the most popular blog/video...? Some of those posts are kinda, ah, 'interesting', on the main comment section. Let alone some of the posts on some of the individual picture ones, where people tear into the entries.
My entry is getting trashed in the comments, which I could have lived without, but, well. It's the fan community, I guess. I think the negativity is what's twisting the knife. It's really hard to pour months of work into something... to get some kind of vicious reviews from others.
I just REALLY hope the forum comments aren't jading people to vote one way or another... x.x
But what do you guys think?
I noticed people are being complete jerks to a lot of the next top 20 individuals, Competing for places 4 - 10. there's a difference between constructive criticism, and being absolutely cruel, and some of these individuals are just being mean.

It's sad enough to see individuals be complete jerks to those who put in a lot of hard work into their costume, and it is even worse to see individuals be complete jerks to those I know, or are friends of mine.

The sad truth is that there were always be jerks on Internet so I say ignore them. Why listen to comments from individuals you've never met, are immature, and probably have never made a costume in their life?

I say listen to the opinions from those who really matter, such as friends, family, and even the amazing cosplay community that exists for Blizzcon; those are the opinions that really matter

@fireshark: I believe most people are voting first, before they View the comments, so that at least that means that the comments won't influence people's votes.

Also, to all of the 20 individuals who got selected for this part of the contest. Congratulations. There is a reason why you guys were selected to compete for places 4 - 10. You guys did an amazing job on your costumes, and I know a lot of individuals here would agree with me. So don't let some jerk, with the ability to roll his face across a keyboard, ruin your day. You guys are awesome
Blizzcon - 2011 -- Tier 2 Paladin Armor - World of Warcraft

Check out my Facebook Cosplay page :

http://www.facebook.com/ShadowCosplay

Last edited by ShadowBeast : 10-31-2011 at 01:47 AM.
ShadowBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #5089
Wren
Please...try harder.

Hmm the online voting is turning into a giant mess.

So easy to skew voting like that with the fact that you can make free battle.net accounts

2013 Cosplay Plans(Tentative)
[Marvel vs Capcom 3/Resident Evil 5] Wesker
[DC Comics] Kyle Rainer - Green Lantern
[Marvel Comics] Dr. Strange
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #5090
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

I think they should stop this online crap and let the judges and the top 3 winners just get together and choose the #1-20 winners instead =/ it would be much more fair and none of this popularity contest stuff would happen. This problem always happens on a lot of cosplay website contests too like ACP, the competitors will just beg for votes instead of letting their costumes do the talking.
~Amethyst Ashe-League of Legends
~Clea Strange -Defenders/Dr. Strange
~???
KittyCatChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #5091
LalaFTL
Red

I really want to kick the next "GO KATERS" square in the balls.

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #5092
Nozze

It really is a popularity contest instead of a craftmanship contest, which is what will happen when you let the public vote on things. Thoughts are: "pretty! *vote*" "I know this person! *vote*" "Oooh boobs!!! *vote*" and that's pretty much it. Very few will actually take the time to check for details or accuracy.

BUT ... it is called a fan favorite contest. Everyone's reasons for something being their favorite are going to be different and everyone has the right to those reasons.. something important to remember. However I'm still somehow naive enough to be rather bothered by how mean people can be... I just don't understand. :\
Femshep N7 Armor ◈ Mass Effect 2

Conventions
GenCon '11 ◈ Aug 4-7
BlizzCon '11 ◈ Oct 21-22

Dream Costumes
Elspeth Tirel ◈ Magic: The Gathering

@quorrra

Last edited by Nozze : 10-30-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Nozze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 01:57 AM   #5093
Athielian

As much as those negative comments suck, we are all artists here and have to develope thick skin in terms of critique or even straight up unconstructive critism. Take in and learn from the constructive and learn to ignore the haters or people who have no constructive feedback.
Athielian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #5094
Aleze

I'm kinda seeing this contest as a chance for those who were really entertaining and made people happy to get recognized. Those things usually have something to do with craftsmanship, but craftsmanship isn't the priority.

But it is feeling kinda meat-marketish. Unfortunately, some of the negativity does come directly from the BlizzCon cosplay community.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #5095
Wren
Please...try harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaFTL View Post
Looks like shes winning now. The power of youtube and blogs I guess

2013 Cosplay Plans(Tentative)
[Marvel vs Capcom 3/Resident Evil 5] Wesker
[DC Comics] Kyle Rainer - Green Lantern
[Marvel Comics] Dr. Strange

Last edited by Wren : 11-01-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #5096
birdyface
Lonan the Bearbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaFTL View Post
I'm with you. It just makes the whole thing so much less fun and makes me wonder if people are voting because they genuinely think her costume is the best or because she's popular on the internet. Blegh.
Unread 11-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #5097
Tinogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleze View Post
Also, feeling disappointed that I didn't get a chance of making this list. Oh, BlizzCon regrets...
I basically registered to post this. Do not let regret get the best of you. Dedicating your time, money, effort and creativity to pretty exhausting hobby makes you wonderful Artists. Making brutally hard decisions that feel right for you that very moment when you make them, makes you wonderful Humans.
Tinogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #5098
birdyface
Lonan the Bearbarian

@Tinogre Thanks for that, it's good to be reminded now and again that this hobby is about having fun and not about stressing over what the internet thinks about us (at least, it is for me and I'm willing to bet many of the people on these forums). <3
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #5099
Irarenovo

Yeah its turning ugly over there
Irarenovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #5100
ProjectMatrix

I don't think they should have allowed comments....most are nice but it's kinda getting out of control. I know we aren't suppose to care about what the Internet thinks but it still hurts

I say screw those trolls who have never made a costume and who don't understand how hard it is! Every single last one of u guys were amazing! So much so that I was clapping at my desk everytime there was someone I knew! Great job everyone and I can't wait to HOPEFULLY see y'all next year!

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote