Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 219 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #5101
Aleze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinogre View Post
I basically registered to post this. Do not let regret get the best of you. Dedicating your time, money, effort and creativity to pretty exhausting hobby makes you wonderful Artists. Making brutally hard decisions that feel right for you that very moment when you make them, makes you wonderful Humans.
Well thank you so much. I've never competed in contests before and love costumes just fine without any contests. The best thing about being in the contest though, isn't having the opportunity to win, it's getting to walk out on stage and show everyone your creativity. That's what I missed this year.

Last edited by Aleze : 11-03-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #5102
Snizabelle

Bah, haters gonna hate.

We are all awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPA2-ZPRn10
Snizabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #5103
BeastlyCrow
As ruthless as nature

Hey y'all, wanted to let you all know this was my first Blizzcon and ALL of costumes were really great! I was that Worgen male rogue in contest, oh my that costume I was wearing was soo hot inside >.< I would have finished on time with the actual detailing of Tier outfit, but I made poor planning of it and rushed to finish >.> overall I had fun seeing other cosplayers in their awesome costumes. But that wait behind stage was a killer to me! Standing for a long time with this other person, I got so sore lol.

I also noticed couple comments about the online voting and I totally agree with the views and outlook on them currently. I mean, you have "typical" WoW youngster behind computer screen voting on behalf of "popularity, looks, being female, boobs, and other skimpy outfits." Versus the hard work and hours they put into their costume to be "judged" not thrashed at over internet because it doesn't cater to their "likes." I REALLY hope blizzard changes that in near future for next year's runner ups in contest. Oh and grats to individuals who won and GL on voting too!
BeastlyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #5104
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

It wasn't hard to choose, I loved Svetlana's, as she is kind enough to show others how she does it and promotes Warcraft with her amazing skills. As respect to another cosplayer, she was my 1#. But it's hard to beat Maiev in overall construction, I comtimplated doing Maiev because no one had done it and she was one of the the only fully covered armored kickass females. I was so happy to see it done, and done well. I get really irritated by all the skimpy girls who try to win with sex appeal. How dare you slut up Tyreal and Arthas for kicks --I'm sorry if that was one of you, but that's just the one thing I honestly can not stand with female cosplayers genderbending a character, the construction of what little armor there was well done--. You can do female versions without being half naked, they make women look bad.. WoW does that enough in their game. And how the hell did Aleze not make it on the list? Bah.. I wish I were back stage, I'd look to see the literally 7 Sylannas' awkwardly standing next to each other. Not a lot in cosplay pisses me off, but women wow cosplayers really get on my nerves, since most of them have the imagination of a gnat and think skin wins.

I wasn't impressed with the winner, everything from the waist down had nothing to it as far as skill went. Reminded me a lot of Zoolander and that garbage hobo fashion show. BUT! at least she was an original thinker and fully covered! Kudos to her. Though, with blizzcon, people are very new to cosplay in the crowd and don't know how much goes into it all to properly judge. And the harsh critiques who haven't sewn more then a wow patch to their jackets, or even ever touched a dremel before had no say is picking apart a cosplay in comments. If you got bashed by a wow nerd, you shouldn't feel bad, seeing how 70% of the crowd is severely overweight and probably spends most of their time in front of computer. I'd like to see them do better, not just say it.

Blizzcon needs to pick up some good cosplayers as judges to commentary at a panel, and to get to small info portfolios from each serious cosplayer. It's a bit unfair to just throw away thousands of cash to the first person who didn't trip in their elaborate costume. Not to kill the fun of it all, but to give credit where credit is due and give more depth to the contest. It's a bit bland and boring for how much trouble they to go through to set up a Blizzcon.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #5105
Athielian

First of all contest sign ups were practically 3 months in advance, on a first come first serve basis.
I thought all the gender bending cosplays were well done, it's really a matter of opinion though. I've seen far worse at anime conventions, to bash Blizzard on their designs is just absurd when you look at anime.

::edit::
And on a final note, I think Blizzard cosplayers are far more imaginative, skilled, and mature compared to what is mostly seen at an anime convention.

Comicon 2011 - Kato
Blizzcon 2011 - Diablo 3 Wizard
ALA 2012 - The Great Saiyaman

Last edited by Athielian : 11-07-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Athielian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #5106
ProjectMatrix

Definately more mature than the anime convention crowd. However I'm not a fan of the online bashing. As far as skin = winning; it's more of skin = audience reaction. Unfortunately the crowd doesn't seem too lively . I'm not saying dress in a bikini to get the crowd to clap but it's the sad truth. Also, I kinda wished that they only allowed so many sylvannas's (can't spell darn iPhone) and maybe had some more different costumes on. Or at least space them out so there isn't 3 right after one another.

The contest felt short to me this year. I don't know why but it just seemed longer last year and I miss the top 5 being onstage at the same time. The interviews seemed brief to say the least and it would have been nice to see them all side by side.
At least the stage seemed safer

Also, the girl who won, her costume had quite a bit of awesome lights in it.

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #5107
Wren
Please...try harder.

Perhaps a limit of 5 of a certain character?

And instead of the online contest they go back to top 5?

2013 Cosplay Plans(Tentative)
[Marvel vs Capcom 3/Resident Evil 5] Wesker
[DC Comics] Kyle Rainer - Green Lantern
[Marvel Comics] Dr. Strange
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #5108
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

yeah in my blizzcon survey I wrote up a big thing about how they need more "titles" and prizes.. such as crowd favorites, and maybe "most popular horde character"

give everyone mousepads at least! :0

and they should do top 5 or top 10 on stage, there were easily 10 very well excecuted costumes this year, whether they were crowd favs [like minecraft man] or just pro [mylune/dryad lady]
Irarenovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #5109
Pocket X
The Original Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtime Mouth View Post
Not a lot in cosplay pisses me off, but women wow cosplayers really get on my nerves, since most of them have the imagination of a gnat and think skin wins.
That ma'am, was offensive and a generalization.

1. About 90% of the FEMALE WOW COSPLAYERS I see every year are fully clothed and intelligent beyond most of the female population. They are talented artists and they put their heart and soul into their costume craft. In fact a majority of them are just like Miss Svetlana that you praised so highly. You need to be careful and not project the same thing you hate, just because media chooses to not show the clothed individuals, does not justify that a mass majority of wow female cosplayers are stupid and un-talented.

2. It would be nice if maybe Blizzard made female characters that actually were clothed, options are not always what you pick--but what you have to pick from.

You are very entitled to your own opinion, but do not- DO NOT insult my Blizzcon cosplay girls by assuming we're dumb and just want to show our boobs. Do your research, see that the mass majority of Blizzcon community put other cosplayers to shame with their amazing ability.

Blizzcon 2011: Level 1 Rogue Goblin.

Blizzcon 2010: t4 Warrior (Remake)

Previous Costumes: Druid Hoodie and t4 Warrior (WoW)

Last edited by Pocket X : 11-12-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Pocket X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #5110
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

/hug pocket.

Seconded. You don't see alot of the fully clothed cosplayers because the scantily clad ones draw more attention. Sex sells. I don't think that their costumes are lesser just because there's less of them. All cosplay takes time and effort and love.

I happen to love all of you the same.

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."

Last edited by dbchan : 11-12-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #5111
LilLadyBug
AKA Pythya (PY!)

It's interesting to me Ragtime, that you're ranting about something you seem to know so little about. Do you realize that Svetlana, who you praise so highly, also regularly cosplays as Alextrasza, which can barely be called an armored bikini? Do you realize that 90% (at least) of the girls who did the "sexy"/"burlesque" group on day two had elaborate, fully covered day one costumes?

You can't paint all "female wow cosplayers" with the same brush any more than you can any other group, and it's incredibly insulting to ALL of us when you try to do so. Some of those female versions of male characters were EXCEEDINGLY well done with beautiful craftsmanship. Could they have developed armor that was fully covered? Maybe. But who are you to say that they SHOULD have done that?

I'm with Pocket, I love everyone in our community, whether they choose to be a little showy or otherwise.
Blizzcon2011: Day 2 Sprite Darter, round 2, burlesqued!

Blizzcon2010: Day 1 Sprite Darter!!

LilLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #5112
Aleze

Well said, Pocket. Thank you for saying what I didn't know how to.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #5113
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

I think what this all boils down to, is how much we love pocket?

haha.

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #5114
AnimeGamer
Photographer / Blogger

Heh, I hope some of you are already working on next year's outfit. Just to get them competitive juices flowing in you guys and gals - Kotaku recently has been profiling this Diablo cosplayer:

http://kotaku.com/5865398/how-a-diab...-the-neighbors

Seriously impressive - and he says he plans on bringing it to BlizzCon 2012. Better bring your "A" game! :P

There are links to all the photos I take on the sidebar of the blog.

Upcoming Conventions/Events:
Anime Los Angeles 2015
Hanadoki Con 2015
Anime Conji 2015

Anime Expo 2015
San Diego Comic-Con 2015
BlizzCon 2015
Pacific Media Expo 2015

Italics indicate I have not yet bought a convention badge.
AnimeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:27 AM   #5115
ShadowBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer View Post
Heh, I hope some of you are already working on next year's outfit. Just to get them competitive juices flowing in you guys and gals - Kotaku recently has been profiling this Diablo cosplayer:

http://kotaku.com/5865398/how-a-diab...-the-neighbors

Seriously impressive - and he says he plans on bringing it to BlizzCon 2012. Better bring your "A" game! :P
Impressive, I certainly look forward to meeting This individual
Blizzcon - 2011 -- Tier 2 Paladin Armor - World of Warcraft

Check out my Facebook Cosplay page :

http://www.facebook.com/ShadowCosplay
ShadowBeast is offline   Reply With Quote