Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 198 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #5146
Kimchikimchi
A deliciously tasty treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMatrix View Post
That looks like Worbla! I wish that stuff was more accessible when I started that costume! Would have made a world of difference! Looks AMAZING by the way! What do you plan on doing for the embroidery on her dress? I know that was the biggest cause of concern for that costume for me!
It is Worbla! I'm so glad more people are starting to know about it. It's definitely an awesome material. I bought mine way before it was available in the states, so I paid almost as much for shipping as I did for it. As for the golden borders on the skirt, I think I'm going to attempt to use craft foam for the detailing. I have idk how many giant rolls of the stuff, so its worth a try. Guess my plan is to cut out the long base and gradually add details and stuff with more layers of craft foam, seal it, paint it, and seal it again...then find some way to attach to the skirt? O.o We shall see how that goes.

Follow me on Facebook!
Kimchikimchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #5147
ProjectMatrix

Best of luck! I tried craft foam and I didn't like the way it moved. That's part of my problem XD I'm too nit picky! I can't wait for these forums to pick up when we get into spring!!!!!

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #5148
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

If anybody is looking for Worbla, it's available with free shipping here

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #5149
ProjectMatrix

Woot! Blizzcon 2103 on November 8-9! Anyone else kinda glad it won't be in the middle of summer and a bit later in the year (more time to get costume) ?

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #5150
Shaylyn

Wow I hadn't touched my costume in MONTHS until I got a few free hours today (yay for babysitters). I FINALLY finished carving the bases for my shoulders out of expanding foam. I have started applying paperclay but don't have pictures of that yet. They're not perfect but they'll do fine

Here are the carved bases.

Vengeful Gladiator's Battlegear (World of Warcraft) - Blizzcon '13
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) - Launch Party March '13
Shaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #5151
Snizabelle

Really excited Blizzcon was announced this year! I've been looking forward to doing a Draenei for a long time, but after researching how to make hooves all afternoon I'm already feeling the stress

It's gonna be a loooong 8 months!
Snizabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #5152
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

Trolls, I really hope there are troll cosplays from MoP this year at Blizzcon.

Anyways, it'll most likely be a no to me attending Blizzcon this year. Varian cosplay is slowly coming together. (Very slowly because it's burning a hole in my pocket everytime I try something new.) I do however have a Lo'Gosh costume in the works as well, but that would probably be the only cosplay I bring if I do attend.

I am however excited to have a guildie agree to cosplay Thasarian if I make it for him. For myself, it would be Koltira. I'm debating which versions to make though. I am really tempted to make their armor from Cata, since I want to see if I can work wiring into the armor to make Thasarian's shoulders glow. (Same with the rune weapons.)
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #5153
Aleze

Twin Consorts, anyone? May have to do one half by myself. Just looks like my kind of costume.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #5154
ProjectMatrix

I have a question for yall, how do you feel about extremely photoshoped cosplay images? I just found a new kerrigan cosplay that is definitely epic but I see a large descrepency in how she looks at a live event and these photoshoots. Everything from overall color (which probably is the lights fault), to seam lines etc. What are yalls thoughts on doing quite a bit of photoshop work on the final photos? I don't like doing a lot of photoshop work on my stuff because I don't want people to be disappointed when they see me in person, but am I in the minority on this?

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #5155
Aleze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMatrix View Post
I have a question for yall, how do you feel about extremely photoshoped cosplay images? I just found a new kerrigan cosplay that is definitely epic but I see a large descrepency in how she looks at a live event and these photoshoots. Everything from overall color (which probably is the lights fault), to seam lines etc. What are yalls thoughts on doing quite a bit of photoshop work on the final photos? I don't like doing a lot of photoshop work on my stuff because I don't want people to be disappointed when they see me in person, but am I in the minority on this?
Yours is the majority opinion, I'm sure. And I tend to be somewhat dismissive of heavily shooped images myself. I just don't prefer them personally. But this is someone else's art and they can do with it what they like best.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #5156
ProjectMatrix

@ Aleze: couldn't have said it better!

On another note: The date for the tickets announced!!!!! WEDNESDAY APRIL 24th at 7 pm PDT and SATURDAY APRIL 27th at 10 am PDT!!!!!!!!! $175 again this year

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 04-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #5157
StRoughNeck

Afternoon guys! Mind If I can get your opinions on something?

For Blizzcon I want to do a R63 Warchief Thrall (no binkitop!iswear), while I'm getting my to-do list together I've run into a slight problem. I'm not sure how I want to go about his pants, since it really doesn't seem to set in stone (image attached). I'm using references from the site, DC statue, and TCG game. I can't really tell if its suppose to be Leather scales, scale mail, leather pants, or if the 10th anniversary image was full body, chain mail.

I want to TRY and create the 10th ani armor Thrall wears in that image, so I'm leaning towards just using leather, but I want your guy's opinion and input
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALLTHEPANTS.jpg (194.1 KB, 0 views)
StRoughNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #5158
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

In one of the pics, it definitely looks like scale under plate armor. I'd advise against that method as the scales (leather or metal) won't hold up well being under something.

For ease, comfort, and budget worries go with pants of some kind. For looks, go with long chain mail shorts over pants of some kind.
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #5159
Kagato
Madman Without A Box

If you look at King Varian Wrynn, he has a similar look for his arms. You can see the scale armor between the huge shoulders and the bracers.

I decided to go for comfort and ease of movement, rather than accuracy. I designed the scales in photoshop and then used iron on transfer paper to put them on fabric. However, over time the scales started peeling off, which looked disastrous. (lesson learned about lots of small iron-ons)

So, I made new sleeves, this time using printed fabric from Spoonflower. I sent the original graphic to them and tiled the image. I think it'll have a good read. I've attached a photo showing the scale sleeve and rest of the shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FauxScaleSleeve.jpg (64.6 KB, 0 views)

Anime Expo 2009: Valkyria Chronicles Squad Leader (Squad 13)
Anime Expo 2008: Captain Harlock

Blog: HyperionEdge
Kagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #5160
Neener_nina

Guys guys I finally got around to making and finishing my T1 warrior helmet for PAX AUS

http://fav.me/d613otq

Relatively happy with how it came out, next up on my list is the leg armor and the shoulders, but the shoulders are leaving me stumped with how to construct it. I'd be going the same way with how I made the helmet - cardboard skeleton, then expanding foam and paperclay outside. But initial shoulder fittings were difficult as I couldn't really move my shoulder all that much; should I forsake movement for "accuracy"? Or should I construct it outside to in, filling the inside with expanding foam and then carve out the shoulder area? \_o_/
Neener_nina is offline   Reply With Quote