Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
nakamura_kun

Cosmates.jp?

I was planning on ordering a Lolita dress from them but I just want to know are they trustworthy?

Unread 09-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
secretmirror180
From Planet Korin

Well...not really. If you aren't really into the fashion, then go ahead. Mostly cosmates sells cosplay lolita.

Most lolita will tell you to stay away from it as it mainly sells Bodyline products. Bodyline tends to be shorter than acceptable lolita and they have very cheap lace. If you want to get a dress from them, try getting something without lace. If you're tall, I suggest just getting a blouse, because the skirts might be too short.

Zelda (30%), Shampoo Neko-hanten(90%), Akihabara maid outfit
Plus a kajillion outfits & wigs for friends & family...-_-

---
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen
secretmirror180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
nakamura_kun

Alright I was just more woried about getting like riped off or something.
The dress i'm getting is for a school dance^^
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
lady_artemis
Awesome and PINK!!

I've dealt with cosmates a few times and Hiroshi, the guy who runs it, is really nice ^_^ All I'd suggest is to ship via EMS even if its more expensive because insurance is important when you ship overseas. But yeah, the place is trustworthy and he's not going to rip you off. ^_^
lady_artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
nakamura_kun

Alright thank you so much!
Unread 09-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
RikoBurandetsu
Account Retired

I second that! The clothing isn't the greatest quality (since it's largely Bodyline and other cosplay brands) but the shipping is decent and the service is great. It's a great place to buy cosplay Lolita!

Kumoricon 2010
Hime - Kaibutsu Oujo [10%]
Kanzaki Hitomi - Vision of Escaflowne [100%]
RikoBurandetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
LadyMaria

I ordered a dress from them and i loved it.
I'm not one to talk about quality,but my mom said the quality of the dress,and i really trust her opinion. standard shipping was really awesome too!

Last edited by LadyMaria : 09-30-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling
LadyMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:52 AM   #8
Kiko
Btssb addict

Cosmates *shutters*
Cosmates is crap!! Usually cheap, crappy material, ugly lace, to short, and very cosplay. Cosmates + lolita = f***ing gross.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

I have heard nothing but great things about the shipping and the value for the money you are paying. Sure it might not be the best quality and some people may seem very opinionated about it, but hey for a school dance it seems perfectly fine
Unread 10-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #10
Kiko
Btssb addict

For the price of it I would suggest just going on egl and buying something second hand. Get your self some Brand or at least a good replica.

Last edited by Kiko : 10-01-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
psycho_girl9
Je t'aime Thomas!

i'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but since cosmates is the subject... would you consider cosmates to NOT be a good place to buy anything lolita?? i'm new to it (the fashion) and i've been on that site A LOT and all of their stuff is soooo cute! but if it's not considered to be real lolita then should i not get it? thanks!

~Chrissy
Unread 10-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #12
MH-chan
Nyoro~n

I find some of the comments here overly rude~

Honestly I don't like cosmates,
just because they put the prices at almost double.

As for the quality you just have to be careful,
everything on the original site is priced right for the quality pretty much.
The lace on some of the dresses can look a bit bad,
but there are plenty of dresses on there that don't have lace -
I've got one myself, and it's adorable!

psycho_girl9- Cosmates no, BodyLine Yes,
as long as you get a good item.
But for just getting into the scene I would suggest buying from somewhere else~
There are plenty of other adorable clothing sites up there.
Or try an US dealer - that takes away the shipping problems.

I can help more if you need it ^^
MH-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
LCDextrose
nyu~

If you're considering buying from cosmates sometimes you can get the same piece directly from Bodyline for a fraction of the price (after the service fee even!) however of the only sole time I've dealt with them they were pretty good as a buisness although they seriously could of told me when exactly they've shipped the item out instead of idling around hopeing that they did ship it.

As of quality, there are some pieces that don't have synthetic lace and cheap fabric and it takes some time of searching and asking to figure which ones are ok although Bodyline as a whole in general do use more cheaper fabrics and lace than not so be aware of that. If you want proof of that, they've used the same lace that Angelic Pretty has used along with broadcloth that isn't as thick but it's good and sturdy. Another problem with Bodyline is that ALOT of their skirts ARE short and for anyone that's probebly above 5'3" it will start ending at their mid theigh area. For some of their 'better' stuff, for what you pay for it's what you pay for vs their tackier pieces that are of the same price but not really worth it material wise.
LCDextrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #14
Cosplayangel09
Haruno Sakura FTW

I know this is mainly about cosmates, but they sell alot of Bodyline so...

I bought my lolita dress from Bodyline in Japan(meaning, I was in japan), I was browsing through the dresses and the fabrics looked pretty decent. The lace was what didnt look that good. It depended on which type of lace i saw. Overall they have nice dresses, and LCDextrose is right about being a certain height. Im 5 ft. and the dress reaches just at kneelength if not just a little bit longer. The employees at Bodyline, they're dresses reached at about kneelength or a little bit shorter. I think the shortest was one fist width above the knee, which i think is acceptable for lolita style/fashion.

After I got back, ordered the headdress off of Cosmates. I think it arrived in about a week. The lace seems good and It hasnt fallen apart or anything.

(Btw, the reason y i waited to get the headpeice instead of buying it at the store was because it cost, i think it was, 1500 yen, about 15 american or less. I didnt want to use up too much money since I had a week left there.
Yes, lame I know...15 dollars is a lot in my pocket^_^)
"If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death! If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death! If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death! And if he gouges out my eyes, I'll curse him from beyond the grave! Even if I'm torn to shreds, I'm taking Sasuke back from Orochimaru!" -Naruto(Shippuuden)[/center]
Cosplayangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #15
vampirate

I can't say anything about ordering lolita clothing from them. But I did order a school uniform with them once and was very pleased with the whole transaction.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote