Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Un-Kun
Wanted: Sunshine in a Bag

Cartoon Cartoon Cosplay (A Classic Cartoon Network Group)

Okay, so call me crazy but I’ve finally developed enough of a backbone to pitch this crazy idea I’ve had for a while to some of my close friends, and after their surprising support and enthusiasm, I’ve decided to open this group cosplay idea to the masses ‘cause I’m definitely gonna need some help for this doozie.

It’s a classic Cartoon Network Cartoon Cartoon cosplay, open to primarily the main characters (and possibly main villains) of the Big 5 Cartoon Network classic lineup, which include Powerpuff Girls, Dexter’s Lab, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Yes, I know I’m crazy.

I’m open to anyone willing to join, so just throw your idea out there. I’m really trying to avoid any of the new shows but certain shows might be up for consideration, ex. Grim and Evil (or the latter Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) and Foster’s were both suggested by friends.

Primarily though I’m hoping to fill these star characters first:

Powerpuff Girls

-Blossom: Position Currently Filled

-Bubbles: Open

-Buttercup: Possibly Filled

-Professor Utonium: Open

Dexter’s Laboratory

-Dexter: Possibly Filled

-DeeDee: Possibly Filled

-Mandark: Open

Johnny Bravo

-Johnny Bravo: Open

-Suzy: Open

Courage the Cowardly Dog

-Eustace: Open

-Muriel: Open

Ed, Edd, n Eddy

-Ed: Position Currently Filled

-Edd: Position Currently Filled

-Eddy: Possibly Filled

(Master List Updated on June 12th)

Challenge Cosplays (a.k.a. things that would be amazing but more difficult than the above)

- Weasel from I Am Weasel

- Cow and Chicken from Cow and Chicken (Never really liked the show but they should have an opportunity to represent, right?)

- An actual Courage?

- Mojo Jojo (FTW!)

Random note: A Space Ghost would be freakin' awesome if anyone could manage, or a classic Tom from the original Toonami (which finally joined the CN graveyard last fall)

It’s a daunting task, but I think it would be amazing if we could get even half of the group together. Also, due to the highly stylized nature of the cartoons, I’m not holding to accuracy on appearance as much as attitude (I really want a group of Eds to be scheming and scamming all day) , although I hope certain things remain consistent such as height relations, but I’m not being picky.

So, anyone up for a group?

Last edited by Un-Kun : 06-12-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Un-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
psycho-buNNieS
Cosplay Illiterate

Kekeke. I was kind of hoping The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack would be up on that list. <///3

I plan on cosplaying him sometime soon. XD (Not really for a con, but because I <333 him....AND I CAN IMMITATE HIS LAUGH ALMOST PERFECTLY.) And I'm in the process of writing a Kingdom Hearts meets "Stormalong Harbor" world with Flapjack in it. ;3

I'd totally do a Foster's cosplay, too though!
psycho-buNNieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Un-Kun

That's cool. The more the merrier!

I'm really hoping I can have the Eds though, because I've never seen them done before (As apposed to The Powerpuffs and Dexter's Lab, which although I love them, I have seen before) and a con is one of the most appropriate (not to mention potentially successful) places to try to scam- I mean get peoples money from them. What better place for the Eds ^_^ What with all those Free Pocky and Hugs signs. I can just see them trying to get something out of it.
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
psycho-buNNieS
Cosplay Illiterate

Hehe, I totally agree. XD

Sadly, I never really watched Ed, Edd, n Eddy. :P
I mean, what I HAVE watched it GREAT. XD
But I never have the chance to watch it. But Flapjack is almost ALWAYS on right when I get home from school and get ready to go to theater practice, so. XD
psycho-buNNieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
Un-Kun

Yeah, that's why I'm doing all the old shows, 'cause they're being forgotten. They were my childhood. I loved those shows. I still love those shows. And I seriously think that the love for these shows needs to be shared, 'cause I know I'm not the only one out there who gets terribly nostalgic over these things (despite the fact that I'm not old enough to feel nostalgia)...
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
Un-Kun

Ok so I was talking with some of my friends and it looks like Ed, Edd, n Eddy is almost definite. If we can't fill some of the crucial roles (we don't have anyone in our group that could be the other powerpuffs) than they're just going to switch to the neighborhood kids and we'll just make this an EEnE thing...
Unread 03-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
Dark Sarenity

yay all my fav old cartoons. i grew up watching those very ones, if i wasn't already involved with three other group efforts i'd ask to join but alas i'm commited alredy
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Foos
Monster Hunter Addict!

This idea fucking rocks. I will fangirl so hard if I see it in person.
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
MasKasFu
Digging the henshin

Ok, so I might be able to pull off a Johny, but I have one qusetion, how the hell are these shows already "classic" they are barely old, hell, all these shows still run. Scooby Doo, old, Astro Boy, old, Gatchaman, classic, Dexter's lab, NOT OLD. I mean, I have no problem with doing one of the costumes, but calling these shows classic just erks me a little. Oh well, I guess that makes me old.
MasKasFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Ventrilo Host

Cosplay is a Japanese invention allowing them to become their favorite characters.....its more like acting since their are no game mechanics applied as there are in LARP'ing.

I'm not 100% sure but Diana is actually a 15 year old anorexic white boy who just darkened his skin with tanning oil.

I ran a booth at the Sac Anime show last year and saw a guy dressed like some woman from a fantasy anime and his skirt caught on a railing and lifted up to show that he had on a thong with the little strappy things that connect to the pantyhose. I had nightmares for a week!!!!
Ventrilo Host is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #11
CrashingTokyo
Naraku

YES! I love this Idea. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I've been cosplaying as Edd for quite a while and have thus far gotten pretty decent reviews. However, since the position is filled, I can try to do Dexter. (I actually wanted to do this costume anyway) However, even if I can't, I'll still hang with you guys as Double D to show my support. I also might be able to supply an Ed and Eddy, but I can't promise anything quite yet.
CrashingTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
mezil
Dizz Duz Duck

This Idea is too cool for words. Some of my friends and I thought about doing that for A-kon, but only got up to EEnE.
So, I actually have an Eddy cosplay.
xD
-Luca Trulyworth ( Ar Tonelico 2)

Happy Landfill
mezil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

Awww man! I was hoping it could be all cartoons as the next cartoon related thing I have in store is Vladimir Plasmius from Danny Phantom...Nick cartoon. LOL But I cannot wait to see this. I got a feeling it will be completely epic! I can't wait to see this!

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Sailor Moon, Sesshoumaru (Inu Yasha), Ronan (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
Un-Kun

D: Dude.

Seriously.

You have got to stop reading my mind.

It's freakin' me out!

I am seriously in the process of a Danny Phantom cosplay.

What. Are. The. Odds! O-o

(But Vlad would seriously be awesome...kinda creepy though. But pretty cool. Nice choice ^_^)

Also to all the other people interested, I hadn't been watching this thread for a while, but if anyone's seriously interested, I'll get on it after Mega is over. ^_^

Last edited by Un-Kun : 02-07-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

HOLY FRIP!!!!
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE GOOD DANIEL???? *dances* I planned to premier Vlad for Dragon*Con.....But I can rush for it after Megacon and try to be him for Metro.... my mom would kill me, but right noow, I don't give a crap. We could enter the costume contest together and has a dance off! 8D

And if not Metrocon.... How about AFO if I can get there? xD At this moment, I only know I am going to mega and possibly Metro...O_O So...yeah xD Uncertainty on the waaaay xD

But if you're gonna be Danny, we need to get like...power things made and stuff. I have an idea for hold my pink-ish/Purple ecto energy blasts, using like a drifty net-like material... but yeah, I'll stop geeking out now....O_O

P.S- If you have any ideas that may be able to help me out, that'd be great. xd

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Sailor Moon, Sesshoumaru (Inu Yasha), Ronan (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote