Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 03-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
i-shinigami
Destroyer of worlds

Ooh Shiny cosplay group 2009!

Greetings my easily distracted cosplay friends! (You know who you are.) This group is for those who live in Alabama or travel to Alabama and want to go out and have fun in cosplay and possibly take some pics.

Suggestions for locations, themes, and activities are welcome anytime. Usual places for pics are botanical gardens, tannehill state park and *new location* sloss furnaces. ^_^ Activities we have done so far are Alabama Adventures theme/water park, cosplay bowling, Boo at the Zoo (trick or treating) and some others I can't think of at the moment...>_<

Anyway, post about your cosplay updates, cons you're attending and meetup ideas!

First topic--Who is going to momocon, what cosplays are you bringing, and is anyone interested in meeting up either for a group shoot thing or just to say hi, get a group pic, maybe some food, etc.?

Peach State Cosplay Society

Ooh Shiny Cosplay Group!

Last edited by i-shinigami : 03-05-2009 at 07:58 PM.
i-shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Dark Hero
The amazingly talented!

I'll be at momocon!

I'm going to be wearing Hisagi Shuuhei and Kittan~
Dark Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Kairukurumi
You can call me Jay

I won't be able to go to momocon, but I'd love to join and participate. How do I join?!
Kairukurumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
i-shinigami
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairukurumi View Post
I won't be able to go to momocon, but I'd love to join and participate. How do I join?!
You just did. ^_^ *throws shiny objects*

Bummer about momocon. Hopefully you'll make it to another one of our meetups. We *usually* plan one each month but it's not a guarantee based on people's schedules. So there will be plenty more for you to come to.

Oh, I will be at momocon, I'll be bringing 2 versions of matsumoto and debuting Yoko.

Ooh Shiny Cosplay Group!

Last edited by i-shinigami : 03-06-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Unread 03-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
Kairukurumi
You can call me Jay

You do one at the zoo and gardens? When do you do those? I can definitely go there!
Kairukurumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
i-shinigami
Destroyer of worlds

We change up locations and stuff every now and then. No set dates for any particular location. The zoo one was boo at the zoo, that happens during october. It's a trick or treating thing. The botanical gardens is great when it's not too hot out >_<, which led us to go to the water park for one meetup. For that we met at Tannehill state park for an hour or two and had a cosplay picnic, then went to Alabama Adventures for the water and amusement park (not in cosplay).

So it all depends on the weather and what everyone wants to do (cosplay or activity-wise).

Ooh Shiny Cosplay Group!
Unread 03-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
wolf-child

I'll be going to momocon.I don't think i'll be bringing any cosplays though.If anything just Ringo without the wig as sort of a casual alt.
wolf-child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
SnakeAstro
R.W.S. Squad 2 Spec.ops

well i shoud be going to momocon to bad jay cant go tho.
im gonna be cosplaying jace beleren
SnakeAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
FroggySkyttles
I like purple things

i's will be at momocon also

um...i bring young yoruichi and thats probably it haha. i too lazy. its why i am typing all this with just one finger :P
Kallen (Code Geass) ~ Simca (Air Gear) 2nd version ~ Young Yoruichi (Bleach) 2nd version ~ Adiane the Elegant (Gurren Lagann) ~ secret AG cosplay :O ~ Medusa (?) (Soul Eater)~ April (Darker Than Black)~

Cons for 09'
~ Persacon~ AWA

Myspacey
FroggySkyttles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #10
Tensa Zangetsu
Eye of Fate

No Momocon for me. Even if I could, they have a strict no weapons policy which is a problem since the only costume I have requires I have a sword.
Tensa Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #11
i-shinigami
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensa Zangetsu View Post
No Momocon for me. Even if I could, they have a strict no weapons policy which is a problem since the only costume I have requires I have a sword.
They still allow swords, just not ones with metal. But that's at any con. They aren't allowing guns of any kind, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggySkyttles View Post
i's will be at momocon also

um...i bring young yoruichi and thats probably it haha. i too lazy. its why i am typing all this with just one finger :P
And Angry Hmhm Lady....>.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAstro View Post
well i shoud be going to momocon to bad jay cant go tho.
im gonna be cosplaying jace beleren
Yay! But yeah, it's a bummer he can't make it. What show is that character from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-child View Post
I'll be going to momocon.I don't think i'll be bringing any cosplays though.If anything just Ringo without the wig as sort of a casual alt.
Poo! You make an awesome Yoruichi. Oh, I forgot, I need you to meet my brothers sometime. They're furries. You like furries, right? I think I have a picture or two of them on my myspace pics...

Ooh Shiny Cosplay Group!
Unread 03-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I'll see you guys at Momocon ^.^ Come find me in one of my many cosplays (see the list below...>.>)
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #13
wolf-child

i-shinigami: I'm just being lazy seeing her costume can be a pain sometimes but who knows,I may bring Yoru~ And yeps,I like furries^.^.I'll check your pics*goes to check pics...lalala*
wolf-child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

Hiya! I'll be at momo of course ^^ with hibari, ikki, izzy and shiki

I definately want to make it to some meetups
Nin-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 03:42 AM   #15
Jumi
Jumi Elazul Lapis Knight

I will be going to Momocon, possibly taking trunks only, and that is still a maybe... but I will be there definitely.

Hmmm... Cookies plus shiny thingy results shiny cookie, OOOhhhhh and yummy.
Jumi is offline   Reply With Quote