Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > BlazBlue

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #1036
TheVampireNeko
Nya!

Hello all. I'm thinking of cosplaying Taokaka for this year's Winter Comiket. Right now I'm in the planning phase of my costume. It looks like it's a very difficult costume, so I'm sure I'm in for a lot of hard work.

Anyway, if any of the Tao cosplayers on here have any advice for me and other aspiring Taos, I'd love to hear it. You know, things to watch out for etc...
TheVampireNeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #1037
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
The only eyelets I've seen of that size were gold-toned in the home decor section of a Jo-Ann's- did you check the home decor section? They have that stuff often. You may be able to paint them if you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KKu View Post
Yeah, try the home decor section, especially where they have the hardware for curtains. I went with giant gold colored plastic grommets/eyelets from Hobby Lobby. They snap in, rather than get hammered in. I also suggest making the hair removable in some way so that you can wash the costume when needed.

If you can't find what you need, I might have extra.
I love you guys. Iíd be so lost without your help, XD. I didnít even think to look over there. I went on a look-about today and there was a nice eight pack of them at Jo-Annís, so Iím going to go look around some more and see if I can find individual pieces or smaller packs.

I did plan to make the hair removable. Iíd figure Iíd glue/chaulk the beginning end of the braids, where itíll be hidden behind the collar piece, and then use some yarn to hold them up around my neck. Suppose that will work?

Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate your help and input.
-Shadowdrac
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #1038
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrac View Post
Iíd figure Iíd glue/caulk the beginning end of the braids, where itíll be hidden behind the collar piece, and then use some yarn to hold them up around my neck. Suppose that will work?
-Shadowdrac
As a warning, full braid extensions are heavier than you might expect. I have one (just a single, full length braided extension) in another wig of mine and I swear the thing must weigh at least a full pound or two... Best to plan for heavy-duty holding up than not to. Yarn (if you were thinking just a string or two) might not be quite enough.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #1039
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrac View Post
I love you guys. Iíd be so lost without your help, XD. I didnít even think to look over there. I went on a look-about today and there was a nice eight pack of them at Jo-Annís, so Iím going to go look around some more and see if I can find individual pieces or smaller packs.

I did plan to make the hair removable. Iíd figure Iíd glue/chaulk the beginning end of the braids, where itíll be hidden behind the collar piece, and then use some yarn to hold them up around my neck. Suppose that will work?

Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate your help and input.
-Shadowdrac
Id go with something thicker than yarn, say ribbon or nylon strap. Just a piece of yarn around your neck could be uncomfortable and might not even hold.

Also, if you plan to line the costume, put that into consideration. Mine is lined and the braids are probably impossible to get out.... as far as I know.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #1040
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

I've seen Tao's with yarn for the hair, and they have it glued to the inside of the hood where they make it so it could go in.

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #1041
Devkyu

If you want it removable, one thing I could suggest is gluing/caulking the ends, but then gluing that to a small "plate", like a cut-out of the thicker foamies that's just a bit bigger than the hole you plan to thread them through so they don't fall out. That way you can take them in and out through the inside (and line it also) and not worry about something pulling around your neck.

Last edited by Devkyu : 08-05-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo
Devkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #1042
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

Anyone who's gone as Hazama tried to make his curved balisongs(knives)?
I'm thinking about trying to whip together a Hazama costume for AWA since I'm loving him in BB:CS.

I've got one balisong built and 'tacked' together, but am having a hard time figuring out what to use for the pivot points in the knives. I've got nails in right now, and am thinking of grinding off the excess and getting some epoxy/clay/something to form a 'cap' on the end, just for safety's sake. Though I am curious if anyone could think of, or may have done, something easier.

I also blew out chips of wood in the handles when I was trying to put in T-nails for supports for the blade to rest against. >_< That can be fixed with some wood filler though.

Overall its coming along well; I may do a tutorial when I build the second knife if anyone is interested.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #1043
heaven_firings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DLogic View Post
I've got one balisong built and 'tacked' together, but am having a hard time figuring out what to use for the pivot points in the knives. I've got nails in right now, and am thinking of grinding off the excess and getting some epoxy/clay/something to form a 'cap' on the end, just for safety's sake. Though I am curious if anyone could think of, or may have done, something easier.
I read about these in another post but I would think they could work for what you're trying. I could be wrong without having a clear image of what his weapons look like it's been while since I've seen them.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #1044
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

I knew something like that had to be out there, but had no idea what they were called. Thanks.

Just for reference, here's what his balisong/s look like.
http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-conten...5041069878.png
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #1045
Rea_star
Twin 2

I have a question for Noel cosplayers.
It's about the black top part. I'm having alot of troubles with it. >>
How did you get it to stay fitted to your body? Like, since you can't wear a strapless with this costume or anything, there isn't really anything for me to tack it to to get it to stay close to my body and not have gaps revealing the sides of my chest to everyone. D;
I don't know how to figure it out. xP I tried pulling it tighter and then pinning it to see how that worked, but it just made it look really bad and didn't help at all. .__.
I've looked through the thread and stuff, but the only discussion on the black part that I saw was just about the material.
*SUNDAY: Garry - Ib
Rea_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #1046
Yukari Kaiba
LIKE A BOSS

I haven't cosplayed Noel, but if its an issue of it staying put so you don't have sideboob you might want to look into either fashion tape or a fabric-to-skin adhesive (I was a competitive dancer once and I used the adhesive to keep the socks we had to wear with the shoes up to our knees, worked everytime and washes off both the fabric and the skin without a problem).

2013 Cosplay!
Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)COMPLETE!
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)COMPLETE!
Hige (Wolf's Rain)COMPLETE!
Sanada Yukimura, Revoltech limited edition variant (Sengoku BASARA)COMPLETE!
Subway Master Nobori (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Candlehead (Sugar Rush!/Wreck-It Ralph)COMPLETE!
Scrafty (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Hatsune Miku, Magnet variant (Vocaloid)COMPLETE!
Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Yukari Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #1047
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

If you end up looking for fashion tape, DON'T use this stuff: http://www.hollywoodfashiontape.com/

I tried some, it barely works unless it gets all sweaty and then it just gets tacky and rubbery, more than helps things stick.... Though maybe it was because I was using it with a knit fabric, I dunno. Either way, it's overpriced. I'd try something like sock glue instead.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #1048
Hitokiri Hime
Nun Tentacles 0.o

Hello

I'm thinking of cosplaying Rachel, but I've ran into a snag with her wig, I don't have a lot of wig experience, and so I'm a little anxious. Would the best thing to do would be to buy a shorter wig, and then add ponytails?
Can anybody help?
thanks

The Rosencruez Orden: When you just can't handle any more arrows..
Hitokiri Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #1049
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri Hime View Post
Hello

I'm thinking of cosplaying Rachel, but I've ran into a snag with her wig, I don't have a lot of wig experience, and so I'm a little anxious. Would the best thing to do would be to buy a shorter wig, and then add ponytails?
Can anybody help?
thanks
It depends on which you want to bother with- a more accurate but more work backpart or a less work but less accurate short wig+ponytails. You can just buy a short wig and two ponytails clips, that would work fine- but if you want a more convincing, realistic wig with a backpart, you'll have to either make your own (which is a more advanced skill), or you can buy a preparted wig such as Zephyr's Twotail or Amphigory's Innocent? and then stub two high ponytails and either add foamcore covered in extensions, or add two ponytail clips. (Rachel has fairly thick ponytails, so if you use even Zephyr's preparted wig, you'll definitely need more than just the hair you pull up in the preparted wig.)
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 08-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #1050
Hitokiri Hime
Nun Tentacles 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
It depends on which you want to bother with- a more accurate but more work backpart or a less work but less accurate short wig+ponytails. You can just buy a short wig and two ponytails clips, that would work fine- but if you want a more convincing, realistic wig with a backpart, you'll have to either make your own (which is a more advanced skill), or you can buy a preparted wig such as Zephyr's Twotail or Amphigory's Innocent? and then stub two high ponytails and either add foamcore covered in extensions, or add two ponytail clips. (Rachel has fairly thick ponytails, so if you use even Zephyr's preparted wig, you'll definitely need more than just the hair you pull up in the preparted wig.)
Thanks for your help, really appreciate : ) I think I'm leaning toward a short wig and ponytail clips, after having a look around. I don't think I have time or skill to stub, or make the part. Plus I'd like a re usuable wig, where ever possible.

The Rosencruez Orden: When you just can't handle any more arrows..
Hitokiri Hime is offline   Reply With Quote