Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > BlazBlue

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #1171
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLover10 View Post
Dose anyone know how to make Taokaka's zipper
I can make everything else BUT the zipper and how to attach it on T_T
Org13 makes zippers for Taokaka: http://www.orgxiii.org/shop/shop/gia...ipper-taokaka/
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #1172
AnimeLover10
cosplayers forever ^w^ !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Thank you so much ^w^!
AnimeLover10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #1173
Chal

Tah-Daaaah! I've finally started on my Noel costume, only got the pattern done, but it's a start! I'm really looking forward to it~

I have two questions though, since I'm doing a cosumes for my friends too~
1. What kind of patern should I use for Ragna's trousers?
2. Where could I find a hoodless zenti/bodysuit with a high collar, for Jin? Or is there a better way of going about the suit he has on under his clothes?

Um...Thanks!
Chal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #1174
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

1. Ragna's pants are hakama, basically, so look for a pattern for pleated hakama.
2. A few:
http://www.discountdance.com/dancewe...&SID=233612890
http://www.riversedgedancewear.com/lonsleevmocn.html
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA

Last edited by Kitsoru : 03-14-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 03-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #1175
Chal

Ah, thanks, I thought they were something like Hakama, I couldn't see any pleats though, so I wasn't sure.

And thank you for the links!
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #1176
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chal View Post
Ah, thanks, I thought they were something like Hakama, I couldn't see any pleats though, so I wasn't sure.
Huh, just looked again- I'd thought they were pleated, but I guess they're not XD Maybe I'm just thinking of conflicting references...
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/...icle_image.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs32/f/20...y_0kronos0.png
There's definitely what appears to be a pressed fold of some sort, or two, running down them, but I guess they might not be outright pleats- definitely not box pleats like in some hakama. But yes, they appear to be at least based on hakama, so I'd look into a hakama pattern, like the kind used for BLEACH costumes Of note- his coat appears long enough that it covers up the part of the hakama at the side-hip that's exposed. You'll probably want to wear shorts or tights or something under them to cover that, just in case.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA

Last edited by Kitsoru : 03-14-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #1177
Chal

I see~ I'll have a look for Hakama patterns, then.
And Yeah, His shirt and coat look like they'd cover the sides, and the knot at the front. :3
Thanks again <3
Unread 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #1178
JJ/Ryojin

I decided to use small tap lights for my Azure Grimoire. All I need to do other than attaching it to my gloves is to find small red bulbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0462[1].JPG (91.5 KB, 0 views)
Gambit (X-Treme X-Men) 50%
Dante (Devil May Cry 4) 30%
JJ/Ryojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #1179
Tyhm

If they really are incandescent bulbs you should be able to use xmas lights, no problem; if they're LEDs, Radio Shack should be able to help, but it may be easier just putting a red filter over white lights.

Sky's The Limit daydreamer
Tyhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #1180
Akarin-chan
Ah-kah-reen chan

If your looking for different color bulbs, try a hardware store, or even raid your old Christmas lights if they're small enough.
Also try EL wire.
[/size]
Akarin-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #1181
aishizuki

Hello guys~ Been lurking for a while here and gathering some reference pictures from you awesome lot...

My friend Nikki and I are doing a Blazblue Ragna x Rachel pair in October... However, this is understandably his first major cosplay, so we need all the help we can get ^_^

Here are reference pictures: http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/s...hizz/Blazblue/

He's planning to make the sword on his own as well as handle the buckle belts on his own, so...

1) What material would be suitable for the sword? Seeing as he wants it to be sturdy, he suggested wood... The catch is that he wants to try and make the original Concept Art sword transform into the Astral Finish version (the one that extends into a scythe)... So I suggested he consider foamboard/foamcore... The guy has never heard of it. XD

Edit: I gave him a clearer version of the Astral Finish scythe that I found here, and he thinks he should use wood for the handle, and pbc for the round part (of the scythe) and some parts of the blade will be made of foamcore...

Any suggestions? Also, what kind of paint would be suitable for the corresponding materials? ^___^

2) Where can we find those buckle belts as huge as the ones on Ragna's red vest? @_@ Or is there a way to make them by hand with sturdy cloth/leatherette? Or something. HAHAHA

I'm from Cebu, Philippines, and I sort of seriously doubt we have easy access to those huge bucklebelts x.x

3) What cloth would be suitable for the red outer vest? Nikki has an idea of incorporating LED lights into his vest (as done by the Manila cosplayer who portrayed same character during the Asia Cosplay Summit)... So I imagine it would need to be a little thicker than normal in order to hold the lights...

4) And lastly... The shoes. A propsmaker friend suggested we use bootcovers. Help? XD

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥♥
aishizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #1182
someonewhodied
Strange Gamer

Hey people. I haven't cosplayed in forever, but I am crossplaying Nu-13 and I have it pretty much done except for 2 things.
Reference : Clickey

1. For the metal plate I was wondering what I should do. I was thinking of using cardboard having 2 layers (Cutting out the symbols on the top one and gluing it on top of the other one) and spray painting it with silver spray paint, but I wasn't sure if that would work very well. Is there any better way?

2. I would appreciate if someone could link me to a wig I could buy that would actually look accurate.

(PS, I still have 60$ in my budget for these so no suggestions too expensive please ^_^
someonewhodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #1183
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

Sintra is an option for that, that's what my friend did. you can shape and model it. Plus it gives you the metal look that you want, the storm troopers use this for their armor. Then we spray painted it to make it look silver and then hand painted the deatils onto it. Sintra you can get at a sign shop and just get some scrap so that price can very but ger a 2mm to 3mm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/51-Extra-Lon...em415861 c5c0 for the wig that what we used it turned out to be long enough even after braiding. She using it for lambda-11 also. (She did a different color scheme than original)

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo

Last edited by Sirius-chan : 10-11-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #1184
someonewhodied
Strange Gamer

ok thanks~
now i can finally finish making this xD.
someonewhodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #1185
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
ok thanks~
now i can finally finish making this xD.
No problem, if you do go with the sintra you can either use a heat gun, oven, or steam to mold it. If you go with the oven 350 and watch it carefully you'll see it bend a little bit. Don't heat it to much because if you do then that piece is ruined. You might need dremel if you go with the 3mm other wise box cutter with elbow grease is good.

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote