Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 07-28-2003, 04:55 PM   #1
mikcy
subject zero

Toshiya white [KR]cube like?

*shrugs* I'm doing the one outfit of Toshiya's thats like his [KR]cube one(not the PV outfit o.o. *points to attachment* Would I use like... a white PVC material for the jacket thing? O.o; It almost looks like its a bit stretchy *shrugs* Also, the one red stripe on the leggings, how could I possibly do that? XD I know it's a silly question, but I wouldn't know how to do it without making it look so... blah? XD Oh yes, what exactly is going on where the braid thing is? I know theres a rope braid, but theres like other string things... O.o;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arena37_2001_01-direngrey29.jpg (96.5 KB, 38 views)

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb

Last edited by mikcy : 07-28-2003 at 05:08 PM.
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2003, 05:23 PM   #2
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

The string things on his shoulders are fringe, and the ones next to the robe braid look like cord. You can find themmost fabric stores sold by the yard. PVC would be good for the jacket but it's shiny and the jacket looks matte. It's all up to you though.

You could make sort of a stencil out of paper and use it to paint the red line on using fabric paint.
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #3
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:
The string things on his shoulders are fringe, and the ones next to the robe braid look like cord. You can find themmost fabric stores sold by the yard. PVC would be good for the jacket but it's shiny and the jacket looks matte. It's all up to you though.

You could make sort of a stencil out of paper and use it to paint the red line on using fabric paint.
Ah thank you So it's a cord? O.o; Would you just make it into a hoop thing like the braid? Like put it under the shoulder thing like the rope braid is and let it hang... but in a hoop? XD I'm not good at describing things.

About the fabric, I just don't want it to be that shiny o.o;

Hmm.. Good idea. Thanks XD

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
Unread 07-28-2003, 10:43 PM   #4
Moogle Hiromi
~†~Iconoclast~†~

I don't think the fabric is strecthy. It might be satin or something like that. It looks thin [when i say that i mean not like PVC thickness] with the way it sort of puckers at the seams. And there are a lot of princess seams. So the garment is very fitted. Ans it looks to be lined and interfaced with PVC for the binding. Wow.. so hard! @.@;
Moogle Hiromi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 11:03 PM   #5
mikcy
subject zero

In like a one or two pictures, the fabric almost looks stretchy, yet shiny and thick. *shrugs* Who knows. Im just wondering how to get in that thing. XD Is there a zipper hiding in the back covered by that... fabric thing..? XD

cosplays 2013

tumblrfb
Unread 07-29-2003, 05:26 PM   #6
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

It's not satin ~__~ Please don't use satin.

it's pvc vinyl, 2 way stretch. the skirt is regular matte fabric.

the zipper is in the back under the cape thing.

as for the red line, just make some piping.
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2003, 09:53 AM   #7
Moogle Hiromi
~†~Iconoclast~†~

Oh good. I used satin for a costume once. -_- Nuff said. But that is weird that way the fabric pulls around the shoulders, and such. PVC is much better.
Zippers can be very invisible if you do it right. Then there are invisible zips if you are really paranoid.
You should be able to buy some sort of piping with an... edge.. or something which you sew in and it is all nice and stuff. I saw some in red at my local store... so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.
Moogle Hiromi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2003, 09:58 AM   #8
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Quote:
Originally posted by memisama
Ah thank you So it's a cord? O.o; Would you just make it into a hoop thing like the braid? Like put it under the shoulder thing like the rope braid is and let it hang... but in a hoop? XD I'm not good at describing things.

About the fabric, I just don't want it to be that shiny o.o;

Hmm.. Good idea. Thanks XD
Yeah, just loop it under the epaulettes(sp?) ^^
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote