Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Code Geass

Unread 03-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
RJ.
The cake is a lie!

Hel With Suzaku - Code Geass?

Hey guys, I thought It'd be a fun idea to cosplay as Suzaku from Code Geass because we look very much alike.

Anyways, I suppose the main part of this asking for help is I'm rather new to sewing so clearly I'm no master XD I mean I... can but to an extent. Basically the costumes I've ever made or used have either been none that require sewing or have been pre-made by someone else and I borrowed it.

I thought that doing Suzaku would be kind of easy, like easier than most.

Now, here are the pictures of the costume I want to do:

http://www.nekomagic.com/figure_news...kururugi02.jpg
http://th00.deviantart.com/fs36/300W..._by_Adephi.jpg

Now, I was thinking of doing typical dress pants with dress style boots, that wasn't going to be a problem. What I was really going to have trouble with is the jacket. I'm not quite sure on what to do, whether I should take a jacket I find at say Value Village and mend it to that style. And another thing is the gold trim. I wasn't sure if there was an easy thing to do or if I should just stick to sewing on gold around the jacket. The belt is an easy fix, just wear a belt XD I'm not quite sure what to do for the emblem on the neck however. Which is another problem. Most jackets don't go up your neck... >.>

Long story short, I need help and any is GREATLY appreciated! And don't worry about saying "Well if you only have this much time..." because really, if I get it done before Anime North 09 (May 22-24) then hooray! But if not, then I'll wear it to CNAnime (August 28-30)

Thank you VERY much for your time!

Anime North 12
May
RJ. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
RJ.
The cake is a lie!

Bump... please?

Anime North 12
May
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

There is no need for bumping on these forums. Please post all Geass related questions here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=115067&page=49
Unread 03-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
RJ.
The cake is a lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegumiHime View Post
There is no need for bumping on these forums. Please post all Geass related questions here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=115067&page=49
I can understand the no bumping rule, however I was directed here to post character specific questions.

If you look around on this topic, you'll see numerous other character specific help threads.

Anime North 12
May
Unread 03-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

I'd recommend looking for a coat pattern with a mandarin style collar. You'll probably have to get one that's technically designed for women, since that style seems to be more common in women's clothes. Although if you can find a costume pattern for Matrix style coats (I think it's McCall's that has them...but I could be wrong) and just shortened the coat that would work too. For the gold, you'll have to sew that on as trim. I personally usually use bias tape for trim like that, but I don't know if they make bias tape in gold. But a thick gold ribbon might work too. As for the emblems on the collar, I just used fabric paint and hand painted them on when I did my Lancelot uniform (which I need to redo >.>...anyhoo...). Just get a good reference image, or print out a little pattern to trace onto the fabric first.

Hope that helps some.^^

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay
JellybeanQueen is offline   Reply With Quote