Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #166
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Rubedo] View Post
Right now I'm working on the female Ace Trainer from HG/SS for the Pokemon Mall Tour this spring! I have my pattern and everything already from a previous costume, so that worked out well! I'm pretty excited since I've never done a non gijinka costume from Pokemon yet.

Also making pokeballs out of these hand-sized foam balls I have... I mean technically they're a bit big, but I think they'll look nice for photos, and I know in the anime the balls seem a bit larger than the games and such - NOBODY WILL CARE, is my thought process. XD

I'll post some updates soon! :]
I'm so excited about the Mall Tour! Anyone going to the TX (Grapevine Mills) location? I think I'm going on the Saturday!

...here's hoping I can get May finished up in time. Making her headscarf/hat this weekend has been one problem after another.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #167
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Grrr... you guys! You're making me soooo jealous! Seriously, I hate living in Northern Michigan because of that! I mean, I remember the whole tenth anniversary thing when it was in Detroit, but I couldn't go because I was going downstate THE WEEKEND BEFORE and my mom said no because it was too much gas money...

and I was going to wear my Shelly costume, my first cosplay I was soooo proud of making back when I was 13... (wow... is it really that long ago? Wow... looking back I didn't realize how much weight I lost over the past few years... that twenty-something pounds really shows...)

Well... after taking my red flannel cherry blossom PJ's I got for my birthday, seeing how they are red, white, and black, I realized that cons usually have pajama parties too and I HAVE TO MAKE TEAM MAGMA PAJAMAS FOR COURTNEY!!! I'm thinking black flannel pajamas with those two white stripes on the pant legs that the admins have to notify their rank(you know what I am talking about?) and the top could have a pocket with a red Team Magma emblem on it... Then, for the robe, it could be hooded with the hood having plush horns and everything...

Then I'll just wear my Courtney wig with it...

However, I want it to be inexpensive since I am on a tight budget... I mean, fleece always tends to be on sale, but sometimes I have a bit of a sensory issue with it... I just get too hot in it... I guess I can make the robe out of fleece though, but do you know if there is any hooded robe patterns?

Still... that wailmer pail that she is carrying when Courtney is in her normal non-Team-Magma clothes at the end of the R/S/E manga arc watering her berries... how do I go about making a wailmer pail? It doesn't have to function as a watering can, but it would be nice...

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 01-31-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #168
[Rubedo]
Moved to ThornQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
I'm so excited about the Mall Tour! Anyone going to the TX (Grapevine Mills) location? I think I'm going on the Saturday!

...here's hoping I can get May finished up in time. Making her headscarf/hat this weekend has been one problem after another.
Oh yeah I forgot my username is different here, Rose. I'm CrescentDreams at TMCC, so I'll definitely be at the Grapevine Mills mall tour! Can't wait.

UPCOMMING COSPLAYS:
Stormy - Rainbow Brite
Heartseeker Vayne - League of Legends
Din - Legend of Zelda
Ringo Noyamano - Air Gear
[Rubedo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #169
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Rubedo] View Post
Oh yeah I forgot my username is different here, Rose. I'm CrescentDreams at TMCC, so I'll definitely be at the Grapevine Mills mall tour! Can't wait.
LOL! Between the different username and the face-obscuring makeup... never would have known!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #170
~H~
Original H

Pokemon mall tour????? *_* I must surf the net to learn more!

I've got a pic of one of my belt-size pokeballs to share:

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...allclose. jpg

I decided to offer some for sale in the Marketplace since I have extra supplies ^_^.

@Tabby: Pretty dress! Perhaps you could make some Magma jewelry to wear with it as a way of incorporating the symbol in a subtle way.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #171
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

@~H~ That's what I was thinking! And maybe a ninetales purse too... Since Courtney has a ninetales... How would I go about making a ninetales purse though? I have a small metal-smithing kit I could use for the jewelry perhaps...

I also was looking online and saw some hooded robe patterns for my pajamas... Hopefully flannel for my actual PJ part won't be too expensive... they are going to be black...

I seriously have to sketch out these ideas...

Also:
casual Courtney

Here is the picture I am talking about from Pokespecial after she quits Team Magma and restarts her coordinating career... I think I actually have the perfect white apron fabric for this in my basement... I just need to find a decent pattern...

Also again... the wailmer pail she carries... any bright ideas how to make it?

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 02-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #172
darkjedix

I designed my own pokemon water trainer costume for 2011 megacon and 2011 metrocon. my friend is cosplaying piplup =]
darkjedix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #173
Dream walker
OMG it's a guy!

H: Thank you for the kind comments and advice. Think i found a pair that I am going to stick with, my friend recommended a pair of Osiris skateboard shoes.
http://www.hip-hop-shoes.com/osiris-...oes-p-423.html

On a lighter note, that poke ball looks totally legit. Not trying to take away from your buisiness, but what did you use to make it? It looks a lot better that the ones I make from the acrylic balls.
http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/u...8.jpg&newest=1
Dream walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #174
Neko Minaue
Soon-to-be cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
You know how it's sometimes difficult to get a smooth, even expanse of color with markers, and you tend to see lines when coloring with them? Kind of like what happened in this pic I found online:

http://www.crimsonskycreations.com/luna.jpg

As for the fabrics, if you're using a pre-made baseball cap, then I assume you'd probably be dealing with a light canvas. I'm not really a fabric expert though, and would have to experiment myself ^_-.
Oh I see. Thank you very much for your advice, the examples and you were very helpful.
Touko aka White Trainer (Pokemon Black & White) 15%

Then eventually...
Yoko (Gurren Laggan)
Celty Sturlson (Durarara!!)
And then someone from the new Last Exile, don't know yet but I don't care!!
and more to come
Neko Minaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #175
pltshp
i did what i have to do

The boots for my Gary Oak cosplay arrived today! I'm not sure about how I'll do the black stripe at the moment but I'm not in any rush with this cosplay. I've got almost everything apart from the pendant (I have the string and paints though...) and the wig :3
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #176
~H~
Original H

pltshp: Those boots look like they'll be perfect! I love it when it's possible to modify stuff.

Neko: No problem ^_^.

Dream: Those are cool shoes! Thanks for the compliment, I used ping-pong balls. Let me know if you want some ^_-.

dakejedi: Got pics?

Tabby: I think you're going to be the definitive Courtney cosplayer ^_-.
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #177
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Yeah... to be honest, that is what I think I want to be now... Since Courtney is such an awesome, yet underrated character, I can't help but cosplay her and I wouldn't even think of doing that if it wasn't for those Chaung-Yi translations I finally nabbed (in that translation, she is called Marge...)

Again, MY ACTUAL NAME IS COURTNEY TOO!! I mean, how would you NOT want to cosplay someone who shares your name. I want pajamas, a ballgown, maybe a swimsuit... everything for every special cosplay event at any con where a normal cosplay doesn't cut it... For Youmacon though, the pajama and ballgown version of Courtney is a must if I am going to attend the pajama party (which, I probably will if I get some friends to go Thursday with and share a hotel) and if I want to attend charity ball...

Hopefully when that supposed Ruby and Sapphire remake comes out... Courtney will get more love... I mean, that is what they did with the Rocket Commanders in Heartgold and Soulsilver... I don't see why not! Maybe the manga will have an arc based on the remake... maybe Courtney will be seen again as a coordinator! Who knows!

But yeah... I think that hooded robe for my pajama cosplay for those convention pajama parties will definitely be something to make. If I can't make the black pajamas, I will make the robe at least and just wear my red, white and black cherry-blossom PJs underneath... Mostly because fleece is almost ALWAYS on sale at Joann's... especially during the spring and summer.

I know what I want, I just need it on paper!

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 02-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #178
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
pltshp: Those boots look like they'll be perfect! I love it when it's possible to modify stuff.
Thanks! They were super cheap as well, and they seem really comfortable so win-win. I'm nervous about modification though - I can't sew or anything of the sort! I'm a first-time cosplayer and so I'm extremely paranoid about messing it up somewhere along the line :x
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #179
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
Thanks! They were super cheap as well, and they seem really comfortable so win-win. I'm nervous about modification though - I can't sew or anything of the sort! I'm a first-time cosplayer and so I'm extremely paranoid about messing it up somewhere along the line :x
If you're open to suggestions I had a thought..... You could get some sticky-back felt (they sell it at Wal-Mart), and cut-out pieces of that to stick onto your boots. That way, you'll be able to take it off in the future (or even while you're in the process of doing the stripes in case it doesn't go on perfectly the first time). If you're concerned about it staying-on you could always put-in a couple of stitches at key points to help hold everything in place.
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #180
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
If you're open to suggestions I had a thought..... You could get some sticky-back felt (they sell it at Wal-Mart), and cut-out pieces of that to stick onto your boots. That way, you'll be able to take it off in the future (or even while you're in the process of doing the stripes in case it doesn't go on perfectly the first time). If you're concerned about it staying-on you could always put-in a couple of stitches at key points to help hold everything in place.
I'll have a hunt around - I'm in the UK so no Wal-Mart but there's a fabric market in town that might be of use. I definitely like the idea of being able to reuse the boots though, and to fix any stupid mistakes I make before it's too late. Thank you so much for the suggestion!