Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #46
Kieren
Wooper!

I know I'm going as a Team Rocket grunt for Anime Oasis '10, and possibly a Team Aqua grunt as well.

I've been looking at some of the trainer sprites though, and will definitely try a few of those. Can't let the bad guys have all the fun. ;D
Kieren is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #47
Jolteh
cool guy

I'm going to cosplay one that I hardly ever see, Red, except not the FR/LG one. That's right, old school Red.
Cost effective and simple, not to mention I already have a wig. Makes sense for me to cosplay him.
Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of those dual coloured hats? All the ones I can find that are the trucker style and are red and white are mesh in the back...
Jolteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #48
raelet

I have a Will cosplay in the works, and I have the atrociously pink shirt and pants, but I can't find a pattern to use for his waistcoat... I don't think I've ever seen a vest (or even a jacket) with coattails that low. The closest thing I've seen was on someone's Sebastian cosplay- are there any recommendations as to patterns I can use? I haven't made a vest before and I've heard it's pretty complicated.
Cheren- Pokemon B/W
Giovanni/Badou/Ernst- Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
raelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #49
TR Rose
Meowing About

Someday I'm going to make a May (Ruby/Sapphire) costume. I have most of the materials, just need to set aside the time to start making the outfit.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #50
airzona901

I want to do may. But I'm only beginning to learn how to make costumes. What materials would I need?
Future Cosplays
Blaire Witch (Soul Eater)
Shion (Angel Mort Costume)
airzona901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #51
AriEmeraldstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
Someday I'm going to make a May (Ruby/Sapphire) costume. I have most of the materials, just need to set aside the time to start making the outfit.
Finally! Another May! x3

@airzona901: I do May as well, and her costume is actually really simple. What I did is I went out and bought a plain red collared shirt (I found one at Target for pretty cheap). Then, I borrowed one of my mom's old patters and put on the yolk (collar) out of dark blue fabric. I just wear a long white tank top under the shirt, and a pair of biking shorts.

The bandana's pretty simple too. It's just a square of red fabric with the pokeball logo in white. As for the shoes? I bought a pair of those really big, loose tennis shoes and took some sharpies to them.

The gloves will probably be the hardest bit. What I did is I went to Party City and went to the wedding section to get a pair of cheapish white gloves. At first, I tried just taking a dark blue sharpie to the fingers, but my hands got too sweaty and they began to run. So I cut the fingers off and actually found a pair of blue gloves at a bridal/formal store. They were a little pricey, but they look great. I wear the white ones over them, and voila! Gloves!

Last edited by AriEmeraldstar : 05-13-2010 at 11:36 PM.
AriEmeraldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #52
airzona901

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriEmeraldstar View Post
Finally! Another May! x3

@airzona901: I do May as well, and her costume is actually really simple. What I did is I went out and bought a plain red collared shirt (I found one at Target for pretty cheap). Then, I borrowed one of my mom's old patters and put on the yolk (collar) out of dark blue fabric. I just wear a long white tank top under the shirt, and a pair of biking shorts.

The bandana's pretty simple too. It's just a square of red fabric with the pokeball logo in white. As for the shoes? I bought a pair of those really big, loose tennis shoes and took some sharpies to them.

The gloves will probably be the hardest bit. What I did is I went to Party City and went to the wedding section to get a pair of cheapish white gloves. At first, I tried just taking a dark blue sharpie to the fingers, but my hands got too sweaty and they began to run. So I cut the fingers off and actually found a pair of blue gloves at a bridal/formal store. They were a little pricey, but they look great. I wear the white ones over them, and voila! Gloves!
THANK YOU!!! I should get it done in no time then. I could find some garden gloves for the outfit =D
Future Cosplays
Blaire Witch (Soul Eater)
Shion (Angel Mort Costume)
airzona901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #53
AriEmeraldstar

Garden gloves are a little thick...I'd think they'd get pretty hot :-) But I'm glad I could help! Not enough people do May It's always nice to see someone else as her.
AriEmeraldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #54
Alphonia
Dorkasaurus

I'm working on a Team Magma cosplay now.

I might do another trainer/gym leader another day, possibly Winona.
Unread 05-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #55
Siyana

I've got a female team rocket grunt in the works right now (hopefully in time for fanime), but in the future I want to cosplay as Yellow.

I really want to see more people cosplay the dex holders from the manga, and it'd be awesome to get a group together one day.
~ Presea - Tales of Symphonia
~ Mia - Fire Emblem

Next convention: NorCal summer gathering
Deviant Art
Siyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #56
Aces

My Morty cosplay pics:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...9/SDC17408.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...9/SDC17410.jpg
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #57
bitchninja
Mtn. Dew Addiction!!!!

I'm currently working on a Kotone/Lyra cosplay Unfortunately, my hair is too short to put into pigtails. I also have neither the money nor the skill to buy/style a wig D:
The overall-shorts are a little funky atm. My butt practically hangs out of them. >.>

My sister is working on a Leaf cosplay
bitchninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #58
SeñorTrocas
TheOneCalledTrux

Im working on an Ace trainer costume (hgss style). its just hard to find red tabi shoes... anyone know a good tutorial?? it would be suuuuuper appreciated.
SeñorTrocas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #59
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

I've cosplayed as Ash and now I'm thinking of cosplaying Red, but I'm not sure which gen. yet. : D

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #60
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

James, crossplayed Jessie...

Been there, did that!