Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #31
JiseiHakushaku
Don't be such a Nord.

*Raises hand* I'm actually planning to cosplay Nice Holystone at Ohayocon 2011, and someday I want to cosplay Czeslaw Meyer. =3

•Progress:
Vriska Serket - God Tier [Homestuck] 50%
Vriska Serket - Assassin!Tier [Homestuck] 25%
Raimei Shimizu [Nabari no Ou] 15% [Hiatus]
Calliope [Homestuck] 15%
Claudia Auditore - Assassin [Assassin's Creed] 0%

I dream of getting rid of that icon someday. Prayer circle for me.
JiseiHakushaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #32
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

Loved the series (OVA was good too. Didn't like Graham so much because he wouldn't shut up, but that's just me.) Hoping to buy it sometime this year at one of the two cons I'm going to.

If I had to pick a cosplay though it would be either Ennis, Firo, Jacuzzi, Nice or...Vino (it would be a shame and a waste to bloody up a nice white suit though. Definate Halloween cosplay if I could will myself to do it.) but I'm leaning towards either Ennis or Jacuzzi more than the others.
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #33
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

Okay, time to revive this zombie thread.....

I'm planning to cosplay Ennis at a con later this summer, but I'm having a hard time figuring out her suit jacket and her hair. Can anybody help me out?

[~Upcoming Events~]
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #34
Kitsune-sama
The Hot Glue Queen

*shocks thread to life*

I'm need some help with my Ladd stuffs. I can't find a decent wig that doesn't look absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Kitsune-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #35
RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

Welcome to our world, hon. (My group is looking for that same Ladd wig). Most of the Ladds I've seen have just used their natural hair, annoyingly enough. (Annoying because most of them don't have the right hair for him--some weren't even blonde!!)
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
Kitsune-sama
The Hot Glue Queen

*falls over*

xD Tragic. Thankfully, my own short hair is styleable and short. Maybe I can just do that, pfft
Kitsune-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #37
ZeKarmiSama

I'm cosplaying Czes.

Been mulling over his hat. Sometimes it seems like a flat cap and sometimes it seems like a gatsby, though on cosplayers, a gatsby seems to look better than the ones wearing flat caps... or maybe I should just sew the lovechild of a flat cap and a gatsby... O_o

I'm kind of worried about whether or not it would be obvious I am Czes... because otherwise, I'm just a short androgynous girl prancing around in a brown suit flipping out about being petted with the right hand (I do Artist Alley, I made "do not pet" buttons with Czes on them). ._.
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #38
Kimmy
The Quiet One

@Magifox: For Ennis's hair, I think something like the Leslie with a bit of styling could work nicely. You could always try searching ebay too. In regards to her jacket, are you having a hard time figuring out how to go about making it, buying it, finding reference, or a combination of the three?

@ZeKarmiSama: Lol, I went through the same dilemma when trying to pick out a hat for Czes. I eventually found a flat cap at a local store that I really liked and went with that. I think Czes is a character that most people probably wouldn't recognize unless they're hardcore fans of the show, or if you're in a group with other Baccano cosplayers. Either way, I say have fun with it if you really want to cosplay him. =)

[ - - Future Cosplay - - ]
Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) || genderbent Tony Stark/Iron Man (The Avengers)
Taffyta Muttonfudge (Wreck-It Ralph) || Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening) || Luna (Virtue's Last Reward)

Icon photo credit: Jack Liu

Last edited by Kimmy : 05-05-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #39
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
@Magifox: For Ennis's hair, I think something like the Leslie with a bit of styling could work nicely. You could always try searching ebay too. In regards to her jacket, are you having a hard time figuring out how to go about making it, buying it, finding reference, or a combination of the three?
Huh, I was looking at the Leslie wig too. Great minds think alike, I suppose. :/

As for the jacket, it's a combination of the three. I'm kind of tight on time to go out and shop at the moment, but I'm thinking of looking around Value Village for stuff. But in case, I can't, is there a (similar) pattern that I can follow for her jacket?

[~Upcoming Events~]
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #40
ZeKarmiSama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
@ZeKarmiSama: Lol, I went through the same dilemma when trying to pick out a hat for Czes. I eventually found a flat cap at a local store that I really liked and went with that. I think Czes is a character that most people probably wouldn't recognize unless they're hardcore fans of the show, or if you're in a group with other Baccano cosplayers. Either way, I say have fun with it if you really want to cosplay him. =)
Yeah... I don't think Czes is really in the top three characters to jump to mind when asked about Baccano... But I like Czes... and it's an excuse to wear a suit?

I thought about talking my boyfriend into cosplaying something Baccano-related too, but I can't figure what.

I definitely want to do the Baccano chocolate bar. >_> Hopefully I won't just eat the chocolate in five minutes.
Unread 05-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #41
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

I swear I'm going to cosplay Carol in her cute little outfit someday, I just don't know when. Actually looking forward to making a 1920s style dress since I haven't done any historical cosplays yet. Just have a feeling that NO ONE would recognize me.
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #42
*mik0 muffin !
~k i r a! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKarmiSama View Post
Yeah... I don't think Czes is really in the top three characters to jump to mind when asked about Baccano... But I like Czes... and it's an excuse to wear a suit?

I thought about talking my boyfriend into cosplaying something Baccano-related too, but I can't figure what.

I definitely want to do the Baccano chocolate bar. >_> Hopefully I won't just eat the chocolate in five minutes.
Rawr love Czes-kun (!!!)

And that chocolate bar sounds absolutely DIVINE (sitting at the computer hungry).

I'm one currently working on a Chane cos for Otakon this year. Materials collected, recycled wig ready, contacts ordered (second pair of Dollyeye Browns..i love how bright and gold they actually look!), fabric ready for butchering. If there's anything I'm good (passable) at, it's dresses/skirts, so hopefully this one doesn't give me too much grief.

e v e n t s 2 0 1 2
Otakon
NYAF/CC
AUSA

i n p r o g r e s s / p l a n n i n g
Katara (AtLA) ~ Fire Nation Outfit

f i n d m e
deviantart
fanfiction
tumblr
*mik0 muffin ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #43
RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingdreamr View Post
I swear I'm going to cosplay Carol in her cute little outfit someday, I just don't know when. Actually looking forward to making a 1920s style dress since I haven't done any historical cosplays yet. Just have a feeling that NO ONE would recognize me.
Sadly, probably not, unless you were with a large group. My friend Jason (whom we eventually talked into being Isaac for our group) really wanted to do Gustav St. Germain but realized no one would recognize him, either. =P
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #44
sinisterspades
Registered Kitty Cat

Nya~ That's the only reason I don't cosplay Baccano...I can't amass a big enough group to cosplay with over it...Otherwise I would have cosplayed the bloody version of RailTracer~
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #45
*mik0 muffin !
~k i r a! ♥

If anyone is pondering Baccano cosplay and is going to Otakon.. I have a group of 4-5 cosplaying it on Sunday. Perhaps we can be (un)recognizable together!?! =P

e v e n t s 2 0 1 2
Otakon
NYAF/CC
AUSA

i n p r o g r e s s / p l a n n i n g
Katara (AtLA) ~ Fire Nation Outfit

f i n d m e
deviantart
fanfiction
tumblr
*mik0 muffin ! is offline   Reply With Quote