Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #91
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

So, inspired by my friend who cosplayed Firo before I could, I have decided that I am going to cosplay Jacuzzi. I had pants and shirt lying around, so why not? Then I started drafting the pattern for his vest, and hit a bump.

As I was rewatching episodes and looking at it carefully I noticed it's got a band at the bottom and along the front edge, kind of like a sweater. And then I thought "Crap, what if it's a sweater? I don't have that kind of patience to knit a sweater." And anyway, I already have some plaid fabric that's about the right colour, and the collar doesn't look anything like a sweater collar.

Of course, the vest itself doesn't particularly look like anything else I've come across for the period, or.. well, period.

Anybody else have any thoughts?
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)

Last edited by Garen : 01-02-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #92
RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

For my Jacuzzis (I've had two) they had just plain white/off white button down shirts. The vest (see here and here) were made by my friend Teresa and I. Vests aren't particularly hard to make--she made it out of brown fabric in like, 20 minutes. The collar was a little harder, but again, if you find a pattern for a dress shirt and use that pattern it shouldn't be a problem. The stripes we measured out, taped out, and painted with fabric paint. Hope that helps!!
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #93
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

My personal preference is to not use fabric paint for this sort of thing... I have been known to resort to embroidery in order to avoid it. I'm pretty good at pattern drafting, so I'm not really worried about that. The issue was more that I'm of the "Let's be historically accurate!" type of crazy, and the more I think about it, the more I think it probably would have been a sweater vest.

I've more or less decided that I don't care, because I have plaid fabric, I don't particularly feel like trying to find a plaid sweater vest or something to alter into one, and I'm not much of a knitter.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #94
Ilafatyu
That guy

I honestly had no idea other people cosplayed from Baccano. I have a small group that does Nice, Chane, and Czeslaw (random casting, yeah) and in the 3 times I've used the cosplay, two people have recognized Nice and at least one thought I (Czes) was cosplaying from Doctor Who. Kind of discouraging, but hey, being repeatedly shot by a guy selling t shirts made up for it.

Unfortunately I've lost a ton of weight, so everything looks gigantic on me. I'm waiting a little longer to see if I regain weight, then as the con draws nearer I'll just take everything in.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote