Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 10-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #1531
Akemi Idane
Sew like a cosplayer.

B: The cold dosen't bother me as much as the heat, and besides, I'll be inside most of the time.

Would you rather:
Do an entire bodice worth of handbeading in two days.
- or -
Leave the handbeading out, but you get made fun of all con for not having it.

Planned Cosplays:
Kumoricon 2011
Eridan Ampora - Homestuck - 0%
Neuro - Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro - 0%
Gumi - Matroyshka - 0%
Akemi Idane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #1532
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akemi Idane View Post
B: The cold dosen't bother me as much as the heat, and besides, I'll be inside most of the time.

Would you rather:
Do an entire bodice worth of handbeading in two days.
- or -
Leave the handbeading out, but you get made fun of all con for not having it.
Do the entire bodice, even if I didn't finish the entire thing something is better than nothing.

Would you rather:
Wear accurate shoes that your character is portrayed as wearing, but be significantly shorter.(IE: Being a 5'3 person cosplaying Alucard)
-OR-
Wear shoes that give you a decent height boost but are drastically different than the designs.(IE: Character has black sneakers, you have neon green boots)
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #1533
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A, because I've cosplayed Vexen at 5'3" and got nothing but love. XD

WOULD YOU RATHER....
-Catch a skirt/dress hem in an escalator and have it rip irreparably, but nobody ses it happen so you're at least not embarassed
OR
-Break a shoe heel on stage and have everyone see it happen, resulting in embarassment, but not an irreparably ruined cosplay
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #1534
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundShinobiYuki View Post
A, because I've cosplayed Vexen at 5'3" and got nothing but love. XD

WOULD YOU RATHER....
-Catch a skirt/dress hem in an escalator and have it rip irreparably, but nobody ses it happen so you're at least not embarassed
OR
-Break a shoe heel on stage and have everyone see it happen, resulting in embarassment, but not an irreparably ruined cosplay
I'm rpetty sure these are geared towards girls, but I've probably have to say catch my skirt or dress cause I'll be dead before I ever wear high heels on stage, but with the skirt I could play it off like in a the coppertone sun tan lotion pose

Would you rather wear a VERY HEAVY and hot cosplay in Florida,

or

Wear very skimpy Cosplay in Alaska?
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #1535
Ichigo Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
I'm rpetty sure these are geared towards girls, but I've probably have to say catch my skirt or dress cause I'll be dead before I ever wear high heels on stage, but with the skirt I could play it off like in a the coppertone sun tan lotion pose

Would you rather wear a VERY HEAVY and hot cosplay in Florida,

or

Wear very skimpy Cosplay in Alaska?

I'd actually have to say the Alaska one, because you can always add a jacket of some sorts. I don't particularly like skimpy cosplay, but I'd prefer that to melting. I did an organization XIII cosplay in Australia in the middle of summer... Never again.

Would you rather:

a) Get a wig quite a while before the con, and style it properly, only to have someone spill something on it before the con, and you don't have time to order another

or

b) Order a wig for a character that requires major styling, but only receive the wig the night before the con, so you can't style it, and have to go to the con without the styled hair.

Last edited by Ichigo Knight : 10-04-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Ichigo Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #1536
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo Knight View Post
I'd actually have to say the Alaska one, because you can always add a jacket of some sorts. I don't particularly like skimpy cosplay, but I'd prefer that to melting. I did an organization XIII cosplay in Australia in the middle of summer... Never again.

Would you rather:

a) Get a wig quite a while before the con, and style it properly, only to have someone spill something on it before the con, and you don't have time to order another

or

b) Order a wig for a character that requires major styling, but only receive the wig the night before the con, so you can't style it, and have to go to the con without the styled hair.
Considering I actually worked as a hairdresser for years, I prefer to do it myself since I actually know HOW, I mean I even spiked up REAL hair like the slim jim man for halloween one year you know how hard it is to spike up hair that's down past her ass? XD

Watching her trying to get into the car was priceless....

Would you rather

a) have your cosplay ruined by a gnome

or

b) be glomped by man faye.

http://2.media.tumblr.com/8QSk4fQyUj...j8zko1_400.jpg

(hey i'm bored here)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 10-04-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Unread 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #1537
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

A) Yeah...I might get scarred otherwise XD;

Would you rather...

A) Have a prop made completely out of cardboard.

B) Have a prop made completely out of noodle foam.

Future/In Progress Cosplays:
||Lyanna (95%) ::Game of Thrones ASOIAF||King Canute::Vinland Saga
|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's
EgnirysFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #1538
CursingL
Otaku Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgnirysFaye View Post
Would you rather...

A) Have a prop made completely out of cardboard.

B) Have a prop made completely out of noodle foam.
Well cardboard is kind of stupid looking and can hurt somebody, while noodle foam is even more stupid and not very really looking. So I could have to go with A)

Would You Rather

A) Finally be able to finish a cosplay, but it would look very weird.
Or
B) Cosplay an internet character that not everybody has heard of.

Silent Hill Doctor is 100% done
L is 100% done
Beyond Birthday is 100% done
Vault 21 dweller is 100% done
DHARMA initiative: Orcid station is ??% done

My cosplay/panel group official FaceBook page:AniGamesCosplay
My cosplay/panel group: AniGamesCosplay
My personal vlog YouTube page: CursingL
My personal Facebook: CursingL
AGC has been around for 3 years but I'm just starting to promote it
CursingL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #1539
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

B) Tis not too shabby.

Would you rather...

A) Go to a Dealer's room where barely anything interests you.

B) Go to a Dealer's room where EVERYTHING interests you. But you would seriously overspend greatly...

|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's
Unread 10-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #1540
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

B actually. This happened to me last con and it was actually a relief to go the whole con and only spend two dollars (not counting food).

Now, Would You Rather:

A) Cosplay a character from a book that has never been made into a movie or anything, so you have only the author's descriptions to go by, and risk not being recognized.

-OR-

B) Cosplay an extremely popular character, but do a really obscure artbook version, and get recognized, but have EVERYONE tell you you did it wrong.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1541
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

A) Hopefully, if the costume is elaborate and appealing enough, it could till spark some interest.

There is 8 of you rooming in a hotel room together.
Would you rather...

A) Stay at a hotel where the bathroom is really small and tight on space. But the bedroom is really roomy, open and with alot of comfy places to sleep.

B) Stay at a hotel where the bedroom is really small and tight on space. But the bathroom is big and spacious, with a large mirror and lot's of nice lighting.

Unread 10-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #1542
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

B, because I'm the one who always ends up sleeping in the bathroom. XD

Would You Rather:

A) Have to make costumes for everyone in a large group and nearly die of exhaustion, but win an award for your exploits.

-OR-

B) Have someone else make all the costumes, so you don't die of exhaustion, and THEY win the award.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #1543
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgnirysFaye View Post
A) Hopefully, if the costume is elaborate and appealing enough, it could till spark some interest.

There is 8 of you rooming in a hotel room together.
Would you rather...

A) Stay at a hotel where the bathroom is really small and tight on space. But the bedroom is really roomy, open and with alot of comfy places to sleep.

B) Stay at a hotel where the bedroom is really small and tight on space. But the bathroom is big and spacious, with a large mirror and lot's of nice lighting.

I'd say B) because it's more fun with more people in tight rooms (more squirming) besides at a con mornings are the worst with so many people in a tight space bathroom wise.

How would you rather

Go to a

Hentai party

or

Yaoi Pajama party

my last con actually had both, and it was at the sametime so just wondering
Unread 10-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #1544
CursingL
Otaku Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
I'd say B) because it's more fun with more people in tight rooms (more squirming) besides at a con mornings are the worst with so many people in a tight space bathroom wise.

How would you rather

Go to a

Hentai party

or

Yaoi Pajama party

my last con actually had both, and it was at the sametime so just wondering

HENTAI PARTY oh sorry.

Would your rather
A) Cosplay as an anime character from your childhood (you know My Neighbor Totoro, Digimon, YuGiOh, and Pokemon)

or

B) Cosplay as a character that you don't know that well.

Silent Hill Doctor is 100% done
L is 100% done
Beyond Birthday is 100% done
Vault 21 dweller is 100% done
DHARMA initiative: Orcid station is ??% done

My cosplay/panel group official FaceBook page:AniGamesCosplay
My cosplay/panel group: AniGamesCosplay
My personal vlog YouTube page: CursingL
My personal Facebook: CursingL
AGC has been around for 3 years but I'm just starting to promote it
CursingL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #1545
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursingL View Post
HENTAI PARTY oh sorry.

Would your rather
A) Cosplay as an anime character from your childhood (you know My Neighbor Totoro, Digimon, YuGiOh, and Pokemon)

or

B) Cosplay as a character that you don't know that well.

I would say A) so I could cosplay as Totoro, but these days people have furry fetishes and that scares me >_<;

So I'd say B) as long as I could pull it off well, but then I would study up on the character before doing so.

Would you rather

be whipped by a Kurama cosplayer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../kurama_39.jpg

Or Rider cosplayer?

http://doujinxtacy.files.wordpress.c...night-0058.jpg

(can't really think of anything good -_-) just wanted to answer questions :P