Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
NoOptionOtaku
Cosplay Addict

Nashville/Tennessee Cosplayers! Raise Your Creative Hands!

(I'm terribly sorry that another TN/Nashville forum has joined the ranks. The other forums haven't really been touched in a few years.)
Are any Nashville cosplayers out there who are interested in making a cosplay club or just having a meet-up somewhere at a local Panera Bread or other eating establishment?

I really want to expand my social circle of friends. Maybe addressing my evolving hobby of cosplay is a good place to start? I'm hoping there are other local cosplayers out there who wish to meet fellow cosplay fanatics and possibly make new friends.

Fellow Nashvillians (and those in TN who wish to join), we seriously need to arrange a group meetup sometime! There are sites out there that can help us coordinate meetups, right?

(I hope this isn't the part where crickets start chirping.)
NoOptionOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Rarity cutie

I am new to Cosplay :-) I'm working on my costume for Wizard World in Nashville. Will you be attending? I live in Clarksville, TN!
Rarity cutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
NoOptionOtaku
Cosplay Addict

Rarity cutie, welcome to the world of cosplay! (Btw, love the name. Rarity is my favorite pony. XD - Hopefully that's where it comes from, my apologies if I'm wrong.)
But I am planning on attending Wizard World this October (it's also called Nashville Comic Con, right?). It sounds super exciting, don't you think?
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
Rarity cutie

Yes it is from MLP :-) and we should meet at wizard world! I can't wait! I'm leaving my beach vacation early to go! Haha
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
AliceinIvory
Alice Addison

I'm from Chattanooga originally Are you guys going to Dragon Con ...?
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
Rarity cutie

Alice, I really wish I were!!! Not this year though ��
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
LaLaLaLisa

Hey! Me! Actually I'm not a cosplayer, but I'm really interested in cosplay! And im in Nashville! I've been trying to convince my friends for years to cosplay, but I've finally given up on them. But I still want to cosplay! I have lots of ideas, and no idea where to begin.
LaLaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Rarity cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLisa View Post
Hey! Me! Actually I'm not a cosplayer, but I'm really interested in cosplay! And im in Nashville! I've been trying to convince my friends for years to cosplay, but I've finally given up on them. But I still want to cosplay! I have lots of ideas, and no idea where to begin.
Lisa, first things first pick ONE character lol ;-) its easier to focus and start once you have. Then look at as many pictures of that character as you can. Then from head to toe look over the character and decide the things you will need to make/buy. I sketch out my idea then draw arrows to each item and estimate/budget cost. Also, look at pics of people who have cosplayed your character. This may help as well. Hope this helps!
Unread 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
LaLaLaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity cutie View Post
Lisa, first things first pick ONE character lol ;-) its easier to focus and start once you have. Then look at as many pictures of that character as you can. Then from head to toe look over the character and decide the things you will need to make/buy. I sketch out my idea then draw arrows to each item and estimate/budget cost. Also, look at pics of people who have cosplayed your character. This may help as well. Hope this helps!
Thanks, this really is helpful! I have several characters that I love love love, LoL... Choosing one will be the hard part.

I'm going to the con in here in Oct, I'm not sure I'll be ready in time to cosplay, but I'm going to try....
LaLaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
Rarity cutie

Lisa, I'm going to. The one in October as well!!! I will be cosplaying Rarity! ^.^
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
jjpatton88
Darth_Hideous

Hey guys! I just joined and I'm really new to cosplay. I live in Nashville and I'm going to the Comic Con in October. Anyone else coming to that?
jjpatton88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
jjpatton88
Darth_Hideous

I probably should have paid more attention to reading everyone else's posts... I just got excited at seeing other Cosplayers from TN and posted right away :P

We should meet up in October!
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
NoOptionOtaku
Cosplay Addict

Woah, a week after my computer fries up and there are more replies! Awesome!

I agree though, jjpatton88, we should try to meet up sometime in October (besides the Wizard World con, possibly?)!

AliceinIvory, I wish I could go to Dragon*con too. But I really hope you have fun. That's coming up....really soon, right?

And to LaLaLaLisa, I'm super excited that you're wanting to start your first cosplay as well! If I'm allowed to ask, I definitely want to know what your choices or final choice is!

If I can conjure up an MLP costume in time for Oct. (which is highly unlikely - but may be possible for Applejack), I would totally parade with you in your Rarity cosplay, Rarity cutie!

Sorry, guys, it's just really exciting seeing more TN cosplayers out there! Woo!
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
groomn4gr8ness

Wink Hi there!!

Not in Nashville, but I am in Memphis. If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, then by all means I have my creative ears and eyes opened for you!
groomn4gr8ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
jjpatton88
Darth_Hideous

Awesome sauce!

Let's get together! I am going to set up acting workshops for people before the Comic Con. Let me know if you want me to reserve a space. I think I'll invite 14 people to join per workshop.

I'm really into Star Wars stuff... perhaps I'd get into that kind of dress-up :P