Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 07-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
yukina868

San Jose cosplayers?

I live near Fanime and I don't really have friends who cosplay...so here I am? I have nagisa Hazuki, gou/Kou and kageyama closet cosplays, but I don't really have a cosplay cosplay because I'm clueless about sewing and cosplays cost a little too much for a hobby...I wanna make CMVs and skits and stuff like that for YouTube. Contact me if you're interested : (Skype) Yukina8688
yukina868 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
dvt
Luffy D. Freeks

WADDUP! I'm from SJ too and most of my friends are gamers lol, I only have like 2 or 3 cosplay friends!
dvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Eldi
Sneak thief

I'm from San Jose too! I don't have a clue about skits, but I do sew, haha. Do you go to any other cons? I usually just go to Fanime but I'm trying to branch out to smaller cons nearby, I'm planning to go with a group up to Stocktoncon next month
Spellthief Lux- League of Legends

Cosplays in Progress:
Rose Quartz- Steven Universe
Elin Sorcerer- Tera Rising
Mirai Kuriyama- Beyond the Boundary
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Kaji01

Used to live in San Jose, but unfortunately not there any more. Wouldn't mind getting back out for Fanime sometime, though...
Kaji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

I just moved to Santa Cruz. Never been to any cons here, but eventually would like to. I'm new to the whole area, any recommendations of cool attractions/restaurants/whatever?
Unread 08-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
Eldi
Sneak thief

I just moved away from Santa Cruz to San Jose ;-; I loved it so much there </3
The hiking/walking trails there are awesome, the trail starting at Wilder Ranch is incredible for ocean viewing, and there's a ton on the UCSC campus for forresty stuff.
My favorite restaurants are Yan Flower (they have a really sweet lunch special- super cheap!), Hula's Island Grill (fish tacos!!), and Betty's Burgers. Although there were a lot of restaurants there that I never ate at (Broke college student= lots of taco bell)
I never went to/heard of any cons there, but I think they have a renaissance faire, not sure when it is though. Also halloween downtown is a good time to cosplay!
ETA: Also the free shows and movies at the boardwalk are really cool!

Cosplays in Progress:

Last edited by Eldi : 08-03-2014 at 04:09 AM.
Unread 08-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
ブライアン
Cosplay Photographer

Sup! I'm from the area and regularly attend Fanime. If you're looking to connect and make cosplay friends, there's a few cosplay groups on Facebook for this area. ^^
ブライアン is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #8
Flash_batter
Harley Quinn

Hey puddin!
I'm a harley with out a joker... This needs to change if any jokers are looking for a harley please message me. I have a kik, flash_batter
Thanks mista J!
Flash_batter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #9
Flash_batter
Harley Quinn

Me and some friends are also making a teen titans group if anyone is interested in joining please kik me at flash_batter
Flash_batter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
KevAgilar

first time on a forum, and im also a San Jose resident

im really interested into getting into cosplay right now, but the problem is I don't know the best places to go get fabric or enough skills to do different costuming/prop techniques, if anyone would like to have me around as a assistant per say or a collaboration I would gladly like to meet with anyone in the bay area
KevAgilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #11
Eldi
Sneak thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevAgilar View Post
first time on a forum, and im also a San Jose resident

im really interested into getting into cosplay right now, but the problem is I don't know the best places to go get fabric or enough skills to do different costuming/prop techniques, if anyone would like to have me around as a assistant per say or a collaboration I would gladly like to meet with anyone in the bay area
I usually go to Joann's first for fabric, because they usually have coupons for 40% off or more, and have most of the basics I need. If I can't find what I need there, I try Fabric R Us on Berryessa. They have a huge selection but buying stuff there is kind of annoying. The Flea Market also has fabric for pretty cheap, but it's mostly polyester satins and other decorative types. The selection is more random so it's not always good if you're looking for something specific. Hancock fabrics is also an option, I just tend to go for Joann's because they have a better selection of craft supplies, which I usually also need. I think Hancock's may have a wider selection of quilting cotton prints, but I'm not sure.

Cosplays in Progress:
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #12
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi View Post
I usually go to Joann's first for fabric, because they usually have coupons for 40% off or more, and have most of the basics I need. If I can't find what I need there, I try Fabric R Us on Berryessa. They have a huge selection but buying stuff there is kind of annoying. The Flea Market also has fabric for pretty cheap, but it's mostly polyester satins and other decorative types. The selection is more random so it's not always good if you're looking for something specific. Hancock fabrics is also an option, I just tend to go for Joann's because they have a better selection of craft supplies, which I usually also need. I think Hancock's may have a wider selection of quilting cotton prints, but I'm not sure.
There's a Beverly's in Soquel, if anyone is in the Santa Cruz/Capitola/Soquel area. They send out some okay coupons and have a lot of sales.
Unread 08-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Eldi
Sneak thief

^ Hart's is also a cool fabric store (in Santa Cruz), a bit pricier but they have some really neat stuff there!

Cosplays in Progress:
Unread 09-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
ivorywhitecospl

Wink Hey So Cool!

Whats up?! My friends and I go to Fanime every year!!!! I have about three friends who go all out cosplaying, so if you guys want to join us that's awesome!!!! I really want someone to cosplay Guilty Crown with me! So please do! Send me a message! coronaelizabeth@gmail.com. Or we can Skype! Whatever you want!
ivorywhitecospl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #15
DrTights

Hey! Live about an hour from San Jose and regularly attend cons around Cali.

As you can see it's super easy to make friends here. The group I go to every con with now started with a convo on here lol. Probably the best part is eventually getting to meet up with people on here at a con.

Check the schedule there's always a con going on in California.

I def recommend the nor cal gatherings that go on around the area. Super chill place to meet new cosplay friends.
DrTights is offline   Reply With Quote