Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #1726
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus2072 View Post
..Am I the only one feeling left out on this? lol (I'm not in Houston). But anyone plan to go to Micro A-Kon(Also no not Mini A-Kon, that's later, and NOT Mini-Con, that's a different story, Micro A-Kon is in Burleson and it's recently new) and/or Ikkicon? :3
I'll be at Ikkicon It actually seems like the DFW area has the most active cosplayers on here. There are very few cosplayers actually in Houston like me and most of the "Houston" cosplayers live over half an hour from me (which in Houston traffic means over an hour).

@vietgirl, do you know of any places actually in Houston where cosplay meet ups can be held for free? If you hold them in the suburbs, it means the people across town have to drive over an hour just to get to them. Most meetups now are held at Hermann Park or Discovery Green as those are really the only options, and because of this they're almost always free. If you're in a particular fandom, a lot of those have their own individual meet ups as well. There's even a LARPing group that meets every Saturday in Hermann Park.
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #1727
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor
 
Arceus2072's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
I'll be at Ikkicon It actually seems like the DFW area has the most active cosplayers on here. There are very few cosplayers actually in Houston like me and most of the "Houston" cosplayers live over half an hour from me (which in Houston traffic means over an hour).

@vietgirl, do you know of any places actually in Houston where cosplay meet ups can be held for free? If you hold them in the suburbs, it means the people across town have to drive over an hour just to get to them. Most meetups now are held at Hermann Park or Discovery Green as those are really the only options, and because of this they're almost always free. If you're in a particular fandom, a lot of those have their own individual meet ups as well. There's even a LARPing group that meets every Saturday in Hermann Park.
Heheh awesome~ :3

I need to know of any Dallas-Fort Worth cosplay meetups. xD
__________________
Some of my cosplays:
Red - Pokemon Adventures
Alucard - Hellsing
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Gaius - FE:A
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX (DONE)
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Retropalooza - Arlington, TX (DONE)
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX *next*
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #1728
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor
 
Arceus2072's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Im going to ikkicon!
Yaay~ I somewhat don't feel left out anymore. xD
__________________
Some of my cosplays:
Red - Pokemon Adventures
Alucard - Hellsing
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Gaius - FE:A
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX (DONE)
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Retropalooza - Arlington, TX (DONE)
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX *next*
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #1729
vietgirl018
hibiki
 
vietgirl018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
@vietgirl, do you know of any places actually in Houston where cosplay meet ups can be held for free? If you hold them in the suburbs, it means the people across town have to drive over an hour just to get to them. Most meetups now are held at Hermann Park or Discovery Green as those are really the only options, and because of this they're almost always free. If you're in a particular fandom, a lot of those have their own individual meet ups as well. There's even a LARPing group that meets every Saturday in Hermann Park.
This will be my last response to you since you dont seem to get the point. I know A LOT of places in houston that will host a cosplay meetup for free for me. Like I said, I was just trying to promote the group and some of the events so that everyone has an equal chance to join in.
__________________
My deviantart
My facebook page
Follow me on instagram
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #1730
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus2072 View Post
Heheh awesome~ :3

I need to know of any Dallas-Fort Worth cosplay meetups. xD
I never get to go to DFW events since they always seem to be when I'm busy. I haven't even had a chance to go to A-Kon yet. I haven't seen any groups on facebook for DFW except the lolita community but if I do I'll let you know. ^.^

@vietgirl, I was genuinely asking what places you know of that can host events, not sure what the attitude is about. It's a common problem for all us Houston cosplayers.
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #1731
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor
 
Arceus2072's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
I never get to go to DFW events since they always seem to be when I'm busy. I haven't even had a chance to go to A-Kon yet. I haven't seen any groups on facebook for DFW except the lolita community but if I do I'll let you know. ^.^

@vietgirl, I was genuinely asking what places you know of that can host events, not sure what the attitude is about. It's a common problem for all us Houston cosplayers.
Aww.. that sucks.. :/ and heheh thank you~ :3
__________________
Some of my cosplays:
Red - Pokemon Adventures
Alucard - Hellsing
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Gaius - FE:A
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX (DONE)
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Retropalooza - Arlington, TX (DONE)
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX *next*
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #1732
Wolfmeisterrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 142
....

Last edited by Wolfmeisterrr : 10-12-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: ...
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #1733
ladysuki1289
Registered User
 
ladysuki1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 97
I'm going to Ikkicon, A-kon and Aselia Con (Tales of... con in Ft Worth). I'll be a busy gal in the months to come! XP

I was thinking about going to Micro A-kon in Bureleson but it's at a library or something, which seems a bit weird to me. Still looking for a DFW Lolita group though, ^_^
__________________
I don't tell stories, I write them.
ladysuki1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #1734
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysuki1289 View Post
Still looking for a DFW Lolita group though, ^_^
Look up Metroplex Lolita (not sure the exact name) on facebook, it's the DFW group.
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #1735
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor
 
Arceus2072's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysuki1289 View Post
I'm going to Ikkicon, A-kon and Aselia Con (Tales of... con in Ft Worth). I'll be a busy gal in the months to come! XP

I was thinking about going to Micro A-kon in Bureleson but it's at a library or something, which seems a bit weird to me. Still looking for a DFW Lolita group though, ^_^
You should go to Micro A-Kon and Mini A-Kon too~ it'll be fun~ :3 plus also, how does it seem weird? it's just a library. lol
__________________
Some of my cosplays:
Red - Pokemon Adventures
Alucard - Hellsing
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Gaius - FE:A
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX (DONE)
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Retropalooza - Arlington, TX (DONE)
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX *next*
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #1736
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
When and where are Micro and Mini A-Kon? I would definitely go if I'm free then
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #1737
Smoong
Fairy Tail Guild Member
 
Smoong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 59
Yay, we're back. We took a nice loooooong vacation after San Japan but we're back now and on the road to Wizard World Austin. Is anybody else going? Yes, it'll be full of Trekkies and what not but we're still going to go rock it. I might wear one of my Erza costumes on Friday, we'll see. Definitely busting out Power Girl on Saturday, tho. And we can't wait for Ikkicon, it should be a lot of fun this year. Hope to see some of your guys there!
__________________
Next Cons
Anime Odyssey in San Antonio
A-kon
San Japan

Our Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SsCosplay

My deviantART!
Smoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #1738
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor
 
Arceus2072's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
When and where are Micro and Mini A-Kon? I would definitely go if I'm free then
Here's the info of them~

Calendar of events~
__________________
Some of my cosplays:
Red - Pokemon Adventures
Alucard - Hellsing
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Gaius - FE:A
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX (DONE)
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Retropalooza - Arlington, TX (DONE)
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX *next*
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #1739
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
Thanks!
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #1740
ladysuki1289
Registered User
 
ladysuki1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus2072 View Post
You should go to Micro A-Kon and Mini A-Kon too~ it'll be fun~ :3 plus also, how does it seem weird? it's just a library. lol
I dunno, I guess I just wonder how much a library will be okay with us coming in there all loud and rowdy for a minicon. I LOVE the library, but I also know the rules. I've been a library aid twice in my life so I feel like I'll just go in there and not say much...cause it's a library, lol.
__________________
I don't tell stories, I write them.
ladysuki1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.