Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #1816
vietgirl018
hibiki

I'm looking for some cosplay volunteers for a couple of children events:

11/10 - sneak peek party for the upcoming thanksgiving parade from 10am to 2pm. Location is in downtown Houston at a warehouse. Cosplay can be almost anything as long as a child from the ages of 7-10 will know. Try to be there majority of the time. Must stay in character almost all the time since the children think u really are whatever character u will be dressed up as.

11/13 - mini parade inside children's hospital from 10am to noon. Cosplayers are ask to show up at 9am. Costumes will be provided since they will be the same costumes that will be in the upcoming thanksgiving parade on the 11/22. There is a meeting on 11/8 for this event.

Both events will be covered by some media like radio, newspapers, and/or tv. Must be 16 years old to do both events.

If u are seriously interested in being a cosplay volunteer for me, I need some contact info: email and a phone number I can reach you at.
If u have any questions, please message me ^_^
If u know anyone else who might be interested, please send them my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona__Flowers View Post
I just went to my first anime con, Onicon 2012 and had fun, but I don't know anyone who enjoys anime. I'm in my 30's and felt older than most of the people attending. Does anyone know of any cosplay groups in Houston that are very welcoming of older cosplayers?
My anime/cosplay group, Otaku Bento has about 70+ members right now. Almost all of our members are 18+. Most of them are 21+. We are a houston base group who host events about 1-3 each month.
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1817
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Feels like I'm rushing now to get stuff done >~<

Working on
Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn)
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #1818
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Feels like I'm rushing now to get stuff done >~<
How much work do you have left? Ikki still seems far away to me xD
Unread 11-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #1819
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
How much work do you have left? Ikki still seems far away to me xD
still waiting on wigs,need to dye my misty shirt,etc...not too much but I tend to get worried about things that are coming up.

Working on
Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn)
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #1820
Zaiten

Don't worry, you'll get it all done! I'm procrastinating to an extreme, I haven't finish even one cosplay yet! But I blame my hours getting cut and lack of extra funds to buy fabric.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #1821
Falclon

I just bought all my fabric for my next round of projects today (yay veteran's day sale at Joann's!) so I have no reason to continue procrastinating now. I know what you mean with the stressing though.
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #1822
Lieval
The Crimson Fuckr

Heyo, I'm a cosplayer from Houston and was looking for some other cosplayers to meet up with. I am working on a documentary for class and would like to interview and get footage of some cosplayers. Just PM or whatever, Thanks
Lieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #1823
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieval View Post
Heyo, I'm a cosplayer from Houston and was looking for some other cosplayers to meet up with. I am working on a documentary for class and would like to interview and get footage of some cosplayers. Just PM or whatever, Thanks
There's a meet up going on this Saturday that would probably be a great place to meet and interview people. After Oni Meet
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #1824
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

I got till the next year to worry about the cosplay Im planning except they take too much time due to its details. For Anime Matsuri, Im happy its going to be at downtown once more, not sure if Im getting a hotel for those 3 days. There is a chance I wont get a room and most of the cosplays I have in mind are Tales related. The one who going to take me the most is my Lloyd Irving outfit due to the weapons. Im still debating which ones to make for my cosplay.
Elsword: Blade Master Raven-Done & Elemental Master Aisha-Done
Future Cosplays
Elsword: Iron Paladin Chung-Planning Stage
Tales of Xillia 2: Jude Mathis and Victor
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #1825
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
I got till the next year to worry about the cosplay Im planning except they take too much time due to its details. For Anime Matsuri, Im happy its going to be at downtown once more, not sure if Im getting a hotel for those 3 days. There is a chance I wont get a room and most of the cosplays I have in mind are Tales related. The one who going to take me the most is my Lloyd Irving outfit due to the weapons. Im still debating which ones to make for my cosplay.
I'm not sure about getting a room either. It's close enough to where I wouldn't need one but I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of driving there and back everyday.

What weapons does he have? I can't remember off the top of my head.
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #1826
Lieval
The Crimson Fuckr

Quote:
There's a meet up going on this Saturday that would probably be a great place to meet and interview people. After Oni Meet
The thing is I have work all day Saturday and can't go. I need people who could maybe meet up Sunday afternoon.
Lieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #1827
Zaiten

Quote:
I just bought all my fabric for my next round of projects today (yay veteran's day sale at Joann's!) so I have no reason to continue procrastinating now. I know what you mean with the stressing though.
Super jealous! I don't have a Joann's here in central-bumble-****. Just a Hobby Lobby and their selection is so limited. But I'm thinking of taking the 45 minute drive down to the one in Round Rock, I'm just hoping they'll have what I'm looking for.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #1828
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Super jealous! I don't have a Joann's here in central-bumble-****. Just a Hobby Lobby and their selection is so limited. But I'm thinking of taking the 45 minute drive down to the one in Round Rock, I'm just hoping they'll have what I'm looking for.
Oh yeah Hobby Lobby. :/ I just avoid them altogether for sewing related needs. I usually just go to Joann's for normal things, and then for harder to find fabrics I'll go to High Fashion. I really don't like Hancock, I only got there if I need small things like zippers/buttons/thread. Plus Joann's always has great deals, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for fabric there. xD Good thing about living in a big city like Houston, as long as you have a car and gas you can find almost anything you need in a store.
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #1829
Zaiten

Quote:
Oh yeah Hobby Lobby. :/ I just avoid them altogether for sewing related needs. I usually just go to Joann's for normal things, and then for harder to find fabrics I'll go to High Fashion. I really don't like Hancock, I only got there if I need small things like zippers/buttons/thread. Plus Joann's always has great deals, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for fabric there. xD Good thing about living in a big city like Houston, as long as you have a car and gas you can find almost anything you need in a store.
Yeah, Hobby Lobby.. nice people but such a small selection. And Walmart is even worse.. there people are rude and their selection is even worse. The only thing I really love Hobby Lobby for is their amazing pattern sales ( $.99! ) and their strange things like clear casting resin!

But I miss Joann's terribly. It's where I used to shop when I first began cosplaying. I loved how they had more then just poly satin, like right now I want a good light pink satin for Aerith's dress but I want it to be matte finish and heavier. The only things in town here are very thin cottons or poly satin.. the cotton is just too thin and see through and the poly is just too shiny.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #1830
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Yeah, Hobby Lobby.. nice people but such a small selection. And Walmart is even worse.. there people are rude and their selection is even worse. The only thing I really love Hobby Lobby for is their amazing pattern sales ( $.99! ) and their strange things like clear casting resin!

But I miss Joann's terribly. It's where I used to shop when I first began cosplaying. I loved how they had more then just poly satin, like right now I want a good light pink satin for Aerith's dress but I want it to be matte finish and heavier. The only things in town here are very thin cottons or poly satin.. the cotton is just too thin and see through and the poly is just too shiny.
Have you tried online? I myself don't order online much because even though I get swatches ahead of time, for some reason I never find the fabric I need. The swatches always end up different than what I expected.