Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #2251
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
I love spouting my random nonsense on there so it doesn't clutter any other site up. I can just spend hours surfing that site though, oh my god.. the only bad thing is so much porn.

A-kon.. ahh, I'm super excited for it, I just have to pay down the family credit cards a bit so I can use one to hold my room. They want a night up front and that's just annoying since I'm just now getting money for Matsuri.

And uhh.. yeah, I kind of forgot today was Sunday... so by the time I left from visiting my dad the fabric store was closed. I win the derp award. At least he's coming home tomorrow! With some special things.. like one hell of an IV I have to hook up once a day. For two weeks.. but it's better then him staying there for two weeks.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #2252
ContraltoX
Registered User
 
ContraltoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Hope to see everyone at A-Kon this year!
ContraltoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #2253
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3
 
darkangel7410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
@Brilanna I am very excited! It's just a matter of talking the boyfriend into going. He's not keen on $50 for tickets, or the 4 hour drive, but that's a manageable ticket price still even for me and I don't mind driving. He's still grumpy about it, though. x3

I've always wanted to go to A-kon. I'm hoping to see a lot more people from this thread at that con.
Well honestly the drive does suck but A-kon is well worth it. I had a blast first time i go to go. I will say this though once you go you will be like O.O OMG OMG COSPLAY everywhere...just be warned it's hard to get around sometimes. >.> like can of sardines hard lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
I love spouting my random nonsense on there so it doesn't clutter any other site up. I can just spend hours surfing that site though, oh my god.. the only bad thing is so much porn.

A-kon.. ahh, I'm super excited for it, I just have to pay down the family credit cards a bit so I can use one to hold my room. They want a night up front and that's just annoying since I'm just now getting money for Matsuri.

And uhh.. yeah, I kind of forgot today was Sunday... so by the time I left from visiting my dad the fabric store was closed. I win the derp award. At least he's coming home tomorrow! With some special things.. like one hell of an IV I have to hook up once a day. For two weeks.. but it's better then him staying there for two weeks.
I'm not a big fan of tumblr really and it's because i tried to use it and was like >.> where are the controls etc....so yeah. And actually they can't ask for a night up front because of the way the hotels work they can't charge you till you actually stay there or show up and stay a night +. Other than that though i'm still working on Matsuri.
__________________
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) Dancin Kirby XD

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #2254
Celine
Remember me?
 
Celine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
Well honestly the drive does suck but A-kon is well worth it. I had a blast first time i go to go. I will say this though once you go you will be like O.O OMG OMG COSPLAY everywhere...just be warned it's hard to get around sometimes. >.> like can of sardines hard lol.

I'm not a big fan of tumblr really and it's because i tried to use it and was like >.> where are the controls etc....so yeah. And actually they can't ask for a night up front because of the way the hotels work they can't charge you till you actually stay there or show up and stay a night +. Other than that though i'm still working on Matsuri.
Just curious, have you been to the Anatole? It's massive. As big as Akon is, I think the hotel will be able to handle it spacewise. Beyond the huge lobbies and ridiculously long hallways, the outdoor areas are beautiful as well. I'm sure there will be room for all the cosplay. :P

Akon does have a 1 night deposit required. They will charge your credit card when you make your reservation. It's in the booking rules, which means they can and will charge it. If you don't want to pay one night up front, book one of the other Market Center hotels- there's a bunch in the area. Personally I am staying at the Doubletree since it's walking distance, has free parking, and isn't charging me up front.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #2255
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Just curious, have you been to the Anatole? It's massive. As big as Akon is, I think the hotel will be able to handle it spacewise. Beyond the huge lobbies and ridiculously long hallways, the outdoor areas are beautiful as well. I'm sure there will be room for all the cosplay. :P

Akon does have a 1 night deposit required. They will charge your credit card when you make your reservation. It's in the booking rules, which means they can and will charge it. If you don't want to pay one night up front, book one of the other Market Center hotels- there's a bunch in the area. Personally I am staying at the Doubletree since it's walking distance, has free parking, and isn't charging me up front.
I'm a sucker for the con hotel, but I think this one may be an exception.. free parking? That's not too bad and could save upwards of $30 or more dollars.

Edit: I took the Sheraton across the street for $144 a night with free parking and breakfast. now that's not too bad, plus it's holding for free if you go through their website and is cheaper then expedia. Lowest rate my butt.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer

Last edited by Zaiten : 02-04-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #2256
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,227
Omg gais ... I'm not ready for Matsuri DX It's February already, and I'm not even half way done with Black Cat (STILL waiting on the last part to come in the mail T_T), and this next month and a half is going to be BUSY. I have 2 weddings, 1 that I'm in so I have to go participate in a bunch of crap for XD, school to do, a bunch of birthdays, valentine's day, and 3 full costumes to finish, and I'm sure there's more I can't remember atm ... WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE?!
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt
| Instagram | Twitter

Upcoming Conventions


Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #2257
Mouzif
Registered User
 
Mouzif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 88
Got a loooot more done today ^_^ Hidan's pants and shoe covers are completely done but I'm still working out the sash method, Rinnosuke's pants are fitted and ready to go but I need some fusible interfacing before I can sew on the white pieces. I don't go into work til late all this week so hopefully I can get the draft for his shirt done.
And I get payed friday so I can hopefully order the hoodie for Jack and get started on the frost. bleeeeeehhhh
__________________
YouTube Facebook deviantART

The Prodigy Team - est. '12
Mouzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #2258
Myribee
The Last Pandawan
 
Myribee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
If I do manage to hit A-kon, my other Nia Teppelin dress and Kid should be done by then, and then I just have to decide which three to take out of the four I have so far. Adfshgda.

Why are decisions like these so haaaard?
__________________
Next Convention
Oni-Con

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #2259
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
If I do manage to hit A-kon, my other Nia Teppelin dress and Kid should be done by then, and then I just have to decide which three to take out of the four I have so far. Adfshgda.

Why are decisions like these so haaaard?
Pack all of them and do one Saturday morning and one Saturday night to split it up! :3 Ooh, and if you're going to be Kid at all I'll have to up the pace on Serge! I wasn't planning to work on him til before Oni-con but.. but.. pictures! And fun!
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #2260
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03
 
yamibakura03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Omg gais ... I'm not ready for Matsuri DX It's February already, and I'm not even half way done with Black Cat (STILL waiting on the last part to come in the mail T_T), and this next month and a half is going to be BUSY. I have 2 weddings, 1 that I'm in so I have to go participate in a bunch of crap for XD, school to do, a bunch of birthdays, valentine's day, and 3 full costumes to finish, and I'm sure there's more I can't remember atm ... WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE?!
You still have time. I haven't even started to sew yet and here I am replying to emails and in forums :P. I get lazy but thats because I get tired from work and school. I got 4 (maybe 6 If I find the right color shirt) cosplays to make and all of them require special attention to detail. The good thing is that I started to pile up fabrics and stuff before feb started so I just need to get motivated and sew.
__________________
2014 Cosplays: (Red for my Bro, Blue for Myself)
Next con: Oni-Con 2014
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #2261
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3
 
darkangel7410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Yeah i still have yet to track down a costume to wear. It sucks because my costumes are back home and i'm in Waco. SOOOO i have to figure something out, balance out money for Masturi and other stuff as well.
__________________
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) Dancin Kirby XD

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #2262
Mouzif
Registered User
 
Mouzif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 88
Anyone got suggestions for any good sewing/crafting/cool books for cosplay? I have a gift card to Barnes n Nobel and I wanna get rid of it.
....or should I just cave and buy manga?
__________________
YouTube Facebook deviantART

The Prodigy Team - est. '12
Mouzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #2263
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03
 
yamibakura03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouzif View Post
Anyone got suggestions for any good sewing/crafting/cool books for cosplay? I have a gift card to Barnes n Nobel and I wanna get rid of it.
....or should I just cave and buy manga?
I checked there browsing page in their website and so far, this are the books that came out while searching for cosplay.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/cosp...eyword=cosplay
__________________
2014 Cosplays: (Red for my Bro, Blue for Myself)
Next con: Oni-Con 2014
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #2264
Myribee
The Last Pandawan
 
Myribee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
Guh, Fire Emblem: Awakening finally came into my store today. I'm not going to be getting any cosplay work done for a long while...
__________________
Next Convention
Oni-Con

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #2265
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Yay, I secured off work for Saturday so I'm going to pop on down for Ushicon to have a little fun. I'll finish up my Aerith in the next two days ( and stop procrastinating. ) and wear her remake for the first time.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.