Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #2326
vietgirl018
hibiki
 
vietgirl018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 234
Is there a way we can do a group fb message on this? I want to do Saturn if we do this. If u guys want to do this at a con outside of Houston, I need to know ahead of time so I can save money to go. Only cons I mainly go to right now is onicon and anime matsuri. Keep me in the loop!
__________________
My deviantart
My facebook page
Follow me on instagram
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #2327
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
While date/place/time is still up for whenever.. you're right about the looking similar. Best way to do that would be to discuss fabric types and skirt types. So we do an anime style with perhaps a pleated cotton? Or a nice matte stain and have it drape like a manga style others do? That way if anyone wants to get started early, they could, and even though we may not have everyone for awhile.. we could start with the inner group, neptune and uranus, etc, and when more people come and join we'd have an outline of what we used for ours so we're similar.
Well, I think the first thing we need to decide on is if we want to do Classic, Super, or Eternal ... cuz I think we need to know that before we pick materials, I used something different for each one of mine, I also used something different on if it was anime or manga version, so we'd need to decide on that too.
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt
| Instagram | Twitter

Upcoming Conventions


Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #2328
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Well, I think the first thing we need to decide on is if we want to do Classic, Super, or Eternal ... cuz I think we need to know that before we pick materials, I used something different for each one of mine, I also used something different on if it was anime or manga version, so we'd need to decide on that too.
True, though it's not to big of a deal between Classic and Super for everyone else.. shame too, because I think a better Super design would have looked awesome for everyone else instead of essentially a longer back bow. Anyway.. my vote would be for Classic or possibly Super. I suppose for style.. hrm, that's a tough one. I was always fond of the manga drape style in satin.. it just looked so nice and flowing. Like these wonderful cosplayers. Plus it would be more forgiving instead of the pleats and would help everyone match betterish.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #2329
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgirl018 View Post
Is there a way we can do a group fb message on this? I want to do Saturn if we do this. If u guys want to do this at a con outside of Houston, I need to know ahead of time so I can save money to go. Only cons I mainly go to right now is onicon and anime matsuri. Keep me in the loop!
Truth to be told, I suck at Facebook so uhh.. yeah. Not it. I could make a thread about it on Texas Cosplayers though, so we could not completely flood this thread and lose info.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #2330
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,225
If you guys give me your FBs I can do a group msg and we can discuss it through that.

@Zaiten ~ Oh, true, I always forget classics and supers are virtually the same for the other senshi XD But if we did manga, then yeah I agree that the drape style would work best, and I know how to make those really easily, so they should all virtually look the same, lol. Since ya'lls wouldn't look that different between anime and manga, I guess I'd need to decide which to do, my anime super is more drape styled, and I'm actually going to redo my anime classic to make it more draped for A-Kon, but my manga classic is pleated, and my manga super is trashed, so I'd have to remake it, and I REALLY don't want to do that T_T
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt
| Instagram | Twitter

Upcoming Conventions


Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


2015 Schedule Coming Soon!

Last edited by Sinnocent : 02-13-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #2331
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
If you guys give me your FBs I can do a group msg and we can discuss it through that.

@Zaiten ~ Oh, true, I always forget classics and supers are virtually the same for the other senshi XD But if we did manga, then yeah I agree that the drape style would work best, and I know how to make those really easily, so they should all virtually look the same, lol. Since ya'lls wouldn't look that different between anime and manga, I guess I'd need to decide which to do, my anime super is more drape styled, and I'm actually going to redo my anime classic to make it more draped for A-Kon, but my manga classic is pleated, and my manga super is trashed, so I'd have to remake it, and I REALLY don't want to do that T_T
Pick an anime one then! I'm kinda' glad for the draped winning the war. I hate pleats with a passion. What fabric did you use for your Classic and your Super? I want to keep an eye out for anything on sale that could match.

Edit: Mine.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer

Last edited by Zaiten : 02-13-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #2332
vietgirl018
hibiki
 
vietgirl018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
If you guys give me your FBs I can do a group msg and we can discuss it through that.

@Zaiten ~ Oh, true, I always forget classics and supers are virtually the same for the other senshi XD But if we did manga, then yeah I agree that the drape style would work best, and I know how to make those really easily, so they should all virtually look the same, lol. Since ya'lls wouldn't look that different between anime and manga, I guess I'd need to decide which to do, my anime super is more drape styled, and I'm actually going to redo my anime classic to make it more draped for A-Kon, but my manga classic is pleated, and my manga super is trashed, so I'd have to remake it, and I REALLY don't want to do that T_T
You can look up my facebook by my email: trangmdiep@yahoo.com
I don't have computer access until Sunday morning.
I haven't seen the anime in so long! I don't remember exactly how all the skirts look anymore. I have never read the manga but I will start it soon. Isnt there a group photo of them somewhere of the ones u guys were thinking about doing?
__________________
My deviantart
My facebook page
Follow me on instagram
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #2333
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Pick an anime one then! I'm kinda' glad for the draped winning the war. I hate pleats with a passion. What fabric did you use for your Classic and your Super? I want to keep an eye out for anything on sale that could match.

Edit: Mine.
I'm cool with anime, besides, I like my anime wig better anyway XD Yeah, I use to ALWAYS do my skirt in pleats, and quite frankly, I'd be totally fine if I never had to pleat a skirt again XD (though I have to for Nami later -_-). Um, Classic Moon I don't remember 100%, I just know that it's a thick, matte, satin, so it's not super shiny, it's more of just a sheen. And for Super I used a bridal fabric, but that doesn't come in colors, only white, so you guys could use anything similar. I know a lot of people are like OMG NO SATIN, but if you use the RIGHT satin, it's beautiful. My favorite satin to use is extremely thick (which helps with the fullness of the skirts A LOT) and just has a slight sheen, so even flashes on cameras don't really reflect it.
If you guys wanted, since I think all of you are in the area, we could always meet up sometime and go fabric shopping, just so we can pick out what we want to use, get prices, etc. Even if we did it soon, it's never too soon to start planning, plus the earlier we get stuff like this ironed out, the sooner people could actually get started on their costumes. Or at least be able to know what to look for when it comes to sales =P

And I'll start a msg to people once we I get a few people's FB, so I'll just hold on to that X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgirl018 View Post
You can look up my facebook by my email: trangmdiep@yahoo.com
I don't have computer access until Sunday morning.
I haven't seen the anime in so long! I don't remember exactly how all the skirts look anymore. I have never read the manga but I will start it soon. Isnt there a group photo of them somewhere of the ones u guys were thinking about doing?
Okie, I'll find you and msg you when I get a good amount of people's FBs =)

Well, it sounds kinda like we're going to do a 'mix' of the anime and manga, probably go with like, anime colors, which would be this for you: Link ... but we're going to do the skirts styled like the manga, so it'll LOOK more like this: Link



Btw, sorry, but I just realized that I've totally kinda just hijacked forming this group from you Zaiten and Falclon XD I'll slow my roll, haha.
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt
| Instagram | Twitter

Upcoming Conventions


Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #2334
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I'm cool with anime, besides, I like my anime wig better anyway XD Yeah, I use to ALWAYS do my skirt in pleats, and quite frankly, I'd be totally fine if I never had to pleat a skirt again XD (though I have to for Nami later -_-). Um, Classic Moon I don't remember 100%, I just know that it's a thick, matte, satin, so it's not super shiny, it's more of just a sheen. And for Super I used a bridal fabric, but that doesn't come in colors, only white, so you guys could use anything similar. I know a lot of people are like OMG NO SATIN, but if you use the RIGHT satin, it's beautiful. My favorite satin to use is extremely thick (which helps with the fullness of the skirts A LOT) and just has a slight sheen, so even flashes on cameras don't really reflect it.
If you guys wanted, since I think all of you are in the area, we could always meet up sometime and go fabric shopping, just so we can pick out what we want to use, get prices, etc. Even if we did it soon, it's never too soon to start planning, plus the earlier we get stuff like this ironed out, the sooner people could actually get started on their costumes. Or at least be able to know what to look for when it comes to sales =P

And I'll start a msg to people once we I get a few people's FB, so I'll just hold on to that X3



Okie, I'll find you and msg you when I get a good amount of people's FBs =)

Well, it sounds kinda like we're going to do a 'mix' of the anime and manga, probably go with like, anime colors, which would be this for you: Link ... but we're going to do the skirts styled like the manga, so it'll LOOK more like this: Link



Btw, sorry, but I just realized that I've totally kinda just hijacked forming this group from you Zaiten and Falclon XD I'll slow my roll, haha.
You're fine, lol, I don't even care who leads. I'm just the type of cosplayer/person who likes to be a part of a group. While I don't mind stand alone characters sometimes it's just awesome to have an entire group, like in this case. Someone will go "Oh cool, Sailor Venus." and then go "OH MY GOD IT'S EVERYONE." In fact, I'm the type of person who fangirls over a group/pair that's epic.

I know my store doesn't carry orange satin so Ill probably order some swatches online to get the right feel for it.I want to make sure I don't end up with a poly/costume satin by mistake. Which is funny because that may be what I use for my first draft. That cheap stuff is so cheap here, maybe $1.50 a yard.

/wants to move to Houston now.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #2335
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
New post, because of reasons.

Gah, I wish wigs weren't so expensive. I have so many simple cosplays I'd like to do for fun that I could probably sew in a day or two, but just don't have $30+ to shell out for every wig. For example, for some crazy nostalgic reason, I want to cosplay some Naruto characters. But.. wigs. ;-; All I have is my old Sakura wig.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #2336
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3
 
Rangiku12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,232
Wow you guys planned alot since I posted! I'm glad things are going well with the group planning. I still Voluteer as Luna in cat form as that's all I can be in the group. It seems no one lives near me I live near outside of Austin. Got to research on sewing with fur and paw making so I can make a outfit for Luna.
__________________
Facebook

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #2337
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Wow you guys planned alot since I posted! I'm glad things are going well with the group planning. I still Voluteer as Luna in cat form as that's all I can be in the group. It seems no one lives near me I live near outside of Austin. Got to research on sewing with fur and paw making so I can make a outfit for Luna.
It seems like a lot of people are Houstinites. I'm not too far from you, an hour or two depending on if you're south, north, etc of Austin. I'm up by Killeen/Temple/Ft Hood.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #2338
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3
 
Rangiku12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,232
North of Austin near Round Rock. Looks like fur is hard to deal with so on to another idea with limited fur.
__________________
Facebook

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #2339
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
An hour then. I love the Joann's there. And the burger place near that... anyway..

You could try fleece for the bulk of it? It should be cheap right now and you could use fake fur for accents, such as hands, feet, neck, etc.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #2340
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3
 
Rangiku12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,232
Was thinking of a black dress with faux fur on the bottom.

Edit: outfit like this http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/72/0...ime%20neko.jpg but with more fur parts and the crescent moon on my forehead.

And I know what burger place your talking about
__________________
Facebook

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 02-14-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.