Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #2341
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
You're fine, lol, I don't even care who leads. I'm just the type of cosplayer/person who likes to be a part of a group. While I don't mind stand alone characters sometimes it's just awesome to have an entire group, like in this case. Someone will go "Oh cool, Sailor Venus." and then go "OH MY GOD IT'S EVERYONE." In fact, I'm the type of person who fangirls over a group/pair that's epic.

I know my store doesn't carry orange satin so Ill probably order some swatches online to get the right feel for it.I want to make sure I don't end up with a poly/costume satin by mistake. Which is funny because that may be what I use for my first draft. That cheap stuff is so cheap here, maybe $1.50 a yard.

/wants to move to Houston now.
Wait, I thought you were in Houston?

But we can definitely find you some orange satin, if you want the next time I go to Jo-Ann's I'll figure out exactly what that good stuff is called so you can find it =3

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #2342
Zaiten

@Rangiku: That'd be cute!

@Sailor Moon: Nope, I live in the boonies. I'm fairly certain we're planning on moving though. While we like it here, we don't love it. My mom misses the ocean, I miss a larger city, and uhh.. I don't know about my dad. But we will probably move. We were talking about Houston, Corpus Christi, Galveston, etc. But there's no VA Hospital in Corpus Christi, so that one's out.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #2343
Brilanna
Brilanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
Not so far, although some good, full camrip with subtitles are up. You can find some on youtube. I've already seen the entire movie that way the SECOND they released a camrip (I was so excited) and it's so awesome.

It might not be stateside until early next year or very late this year.
I've been doing my very best to try to not watch the camrip... but waiting until late this year/early next year doesn't sound like such a great idea, haha... I think I will have to watch it asap!

Planned Cosplays - WIP - (2014):
Wonder Woman - Diana Prince Update - 85%
Seven of Nine - Star Trek: Voyager - 90%
Kahlan Amnell (Mother Confessor) - Sword of Truth - 40%
Makise Kurisu - Steins;Gate - 20%

Follow me on Facebook!
Keesey Cosplay
Brilanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #2344
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

So...Tax refunds on cosplay stuff.

...Yay!

Current Cosplays WIP
Lux - League of Legends - 30%
Panty Anarchy - Panty & Stocking - 40%
Supergirl - DC Comics - 60%
Nurse Miku - Vocaloid - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #2345
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
So...Tax refunds on cosplay stuff.

...Yay!
Crap baskets, I still have to do do mine. ._. I won't even get to keep any of it..

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #2346
highsky

I peaked in here and instantly started smiling when I noticed everyone is getting a Sailor Moon group together. I've always wanted to make Sailor Jupiter (and Sailor Mars for my friend), but we both live in San Antonio.
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #2347
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
I peaked in here and instantly started smiling when I noticed everyone is getting a Sailor Moon group together. I've always wanted to make Sailor Jupiter (and Sailor Mars for my friend), but we both live in San Antonio.
That's okay! Do you only go to local conventions and gatherings, like San Japan, or do you go to other's around Texas?

Also, how is San Antonio? I haven't had the chance to go yet and won't probably until San Japan.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #2348
HardcoreNamine

I've been in Disney World over the past several days, and while I was there, I saw the cutest sweet lolita group. It made me really want to look into lolita, though I haven't got the money for it lol
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #2349
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

I've been toiling away at my Kid cosplay. I finally have everything found and started to put together except for the wig and dagger/sheath.

This one has been really fast. I can get to Asuka before summer hits, I bet.

Current Cosplays WIP
Lux - League of Legends - 30%
Panty Anarchy - Panty & Stocking - 40%
Supergirl - DC Comics - 60%
Nurse Miku - Vocaloid - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #2350
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
That's okay! Do you only go to local conventions and gatherings, like San Japan, or do you go to other's around Texas?

Also, how is San Antonio? I haven't had the chance to go yet and won't probably until San Japan.
I used to actively go to conventions mostly on the West and East Coast, but I stopped going to conventions for a long time now. A friend is coming this summer in hopes of spending time with my best friend and I though so we may try out San Japan for the first time. I haven't had very many pleasant experiences with conventions or gatherings in Texas in the past so I'm always very shy and tend to stand back.

San Antonio is really nice. I've grown up here and really like it. It's definitely grown as far as the anime/manga community is concerned (from what I've seen lately compared to when I was younger). As far as climate wise, the summers are very hot, but there are lovely places downtown that are great for cosplay shoots. The Tower of Americas is a great spot for it's lush garden in the area and waterfalls (and falling water area that kids love to run through). I'm not sure where San Japan will be exactly since I've yet to look into it (for this year), but I think it was two years ago that my little brother was a volunteer and I went to drop him lunch off (dressed as Ryo from Samurai Troopers-- for fun) and the people who attended SJ seemed to be rather nice (not too many people traffic, but it's a huge difference to me when compared to Otakon and SDCC that I would attend). It's promising so I think you will have fun when you visit.
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #2351
Zaiten

@reNami: (And you thought I forgot about that nickname.) OhmyGodI'msojealous.

@Myri: Wow, that was fast! Speaking of Chrono Cross, I've actually got some work done on Serge. Finally found a suitable black shirt, I'm eyeing some fabric for his vest, and have been having fun messing up bandannas. I'm also still debating if I should make my shorts or use a close enough denim pair I can pick up at a thrift store.

@highsky: I hope you do try out San Japan. It'll be my first time going as well, in fact every convention I'm going to is new to me. I used to go to North East conventions, as I lived in New York. I may make it back to Otakon again, but that's all in how well I do with my job.

I'm glad that it sounds so nice. That's the bonus of all these conventions, seeing these bigger cities fro a weekend. Houston, San Antonio, Dallas.. the only bad part is seeing them makes me miss New York.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #2352
Falclon

Wow so many people posting. x.x

So, Sailor Moon group:

@Sailor Moon, since we live so close to each other we can go fabric shopping together. If we find good fabric, we could always act as a shopping service and mail the fabric to the other people if it isn't from a standard store like Joann's. I think classic would be best for uniformity as beautiful as eternal is. I like the draped skirts as well, but I would probably make mine a bit shorter than that group shot that was posted earlier for the sake of accuracy.

Since we will probably be doing this next year, I am not sure where I will be at school but I will be back for summer/christmas/thanksgiving/easter breaks so maybe Matsuri of next year?

@HardcoreNamine, lolita can be expensive...but it also can be cheap if you work at it. Personally I buy too much brand so my wallet takes a big hit from it, but I know other lolitas who thrift and are able to pull together good coords from barely any money. Cosplay and lolita are both veryyyy expensive.

Also is Texas cosplayers not working for anyone else?
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #2353
vietgirl018
hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post

Since we will probably be doing this next year, I am not sure where I will be at school but I will be back for summer/christmas/thanksgiving/easter breaks so maybe Matsuri of next year?
if we do the sailor moon group for next year matsuri, im totally in. I still want to do saturn and have been looking at pictures for her. I just a bit confused as to how u guys want to do the skirts.
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #2354
WantAGuava
Derp of a Being

DFW area \o7o/
WantAGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #2355
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
@Sailor Moon, since we live so close to each other we can go fabric shopping together. If we find good fabric, we could always act as a shopping service and mail the fabric to the other people if it isn't from a standard store like Joann's. I think classic would be best for uniformity as beautiful as eternal is. I like the draped skirts as well, but I would probably make mine a bit shorter than that group shot that was posted earlier for the sake of accuracy.

That works too =P Yeah I agree that classic would probably be best, as it'll be the simplest, and there may be newbie fuku makers joining in XD Oh don't worry, mine is so short I CAN NOT bend over, otherwise I flash everyone XD Here's a pic of mine, btw ... keep in mind I'm redoing the skirt to be a circle skirt and am gonna fix my sleeves cuz they got over stuffed >_> http://www.cosplay.com/costume/391640/

Hmm, well if you wanted to do over the summer, maybe A-Kon would be better? Or even Anime FEST, I don't THINK school starts before it, plus with labor day weekend you know you'd have that off, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgirl018 View Post
if we do the sailor moon group for next year matsuri, im totally in. I still want to do saturn and have been looking at pictures for her. I just a bit confused as to how u guys want to do the skirts.
Well, for people who live near me, I will probably have a little gathering at my house so we can all discuss stuff and get the more 'needs to be uniform' things made. If you don't live in the area, we'll probably make a tutorial for you, or if you're not confident that you could follow the tutorial, then maybe someone could always make the piece for you, send it to you, and you can add it to your costume.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote