Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #2506
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

when it comes to that point, thats when your not really enjoying cosplaying, or at least thats my opinion. I used to think about those things but I calm down because of my brother. He had a point, I mean, if I was fixated on things like perfection and stuff I'll start to lose my interested and do poorly. Plus stressing myself wouldn't help me at all. So now I take my time (even if its almost close to the con), and I also go back to tutorials and youtube videos since its good to tweak your skills.
I got a few stuff to sew and I gotten good advices from this site that I completed my first corset. I never made one in my life, but looking at it, Im really happy. I didn't add the boning since I didn't needed it but its good for my first time. I might go back and make another one, but that would be after the convention.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #2507
Zaiten

Everything is going well!

I'm almost done with Rinoa now, I'd say about 85%? I need to do a little more fitting for the duster and paint it's wings but other then that she's mostly done. I even started making a pinwheel for her out of cardboard and papermache. In order to get a smooth finish on it.. what's the thing I need to cover it with before sanding and painting?

Celes is looking nice! I'm working on the corset/belt right now. As well as the pauldrons. I've cut them out of foam and am sealing them with glue/water now. Then I'll paint them gold or something nice since white is looking a little too plain. Then it's sewing the trim and adding on finishing touches.

Aerith is still the same. Buttons. Haha.. I'm lazy about buttons. I hate them.

Tamaki, well.. I still need to completely do his jacket. =( My patch STILL isn't here and it's been weeks. You'd think I bought it out of the US. But no, these people must be lazy and taking their time shipping it. If it doesn't arrive soon I may just not cosplay him and enjoy a Final Fantasy weekend.

Or see if I can finish Tifa sooner.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #2508
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Everything is going well!

I'm almost done with Rinoa now, I'd say about 85%? I need to do a little more fitting for the duster and paint it's wings but other then that she's mostly done. I even started making a pinwheel for her out of cardboard and papermache. In order to get a smooth finish on it.. what's the thing I need to cover it with before sanding and painting?
Gesso. Its this acrylic coat base that you can used for your prop. You can sand it once its dry and all

You can also used wood putty if you already papermache the prop. Its really good and I used it for my props, however, it takes awhile to dry. Especially since Texas is humid at times and all. Other then that, when it dries it, sand it, and it will leave the prop look smooth like wood. since it has a bit of wood filler in the putty.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #2509
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Gesso. Its this acrylic coat base that you can used for your prop. You can sand it once its dry and all

You can also used wood putty if you already papermache the prop. Its really good and I used it for my props, however, it takes awhile to dry. Especially since Texas is humid at times and all. Other then that, when it dries it, sand it, and it will leave the prop look smooth like wood. since it has a bit of wood filler in the putty.
Gesso, there we go. That's what I was thinking of! Canvas prep.

Wood putty, though, never heard of that one! If I had more time I'd try it out.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #2510
aragrey
Babyhands

GUYS. I HAVE 5 FT TALL ANGEL WINGS. If you see a huge set of angel wings at Matsuri... it's me.

I can't believe I spent $225 on making them. I'm not even spending that much money at the con... I also don't know how I'm going to fit them and luggage for three people in my CRV for the road trip. GUYS MATSURI IS ONE WEEK AWAY! I already made a packing list. Speaking of packing for a con, I feel like this is me, and hopefully a lot of you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3qiXZRFmRY

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
aragrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #2511
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Holy crap guys, between yesterday and today I managed to sit down and completely bust out the rest of Black Cat's costume ... all I have left to make is the belt and I'm DONE!

Never though that would happen, I figured I'd be working on this damn thing til the night before XD

A miracle happened guys. A. Freaking. Miracle.

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #2512
Zaiten

/will be working til last minute

It's funny because I originally had Wednesday off but they penciled me in to work. xD I was looking forward to extra crunch time. Now I have Saturday and Thursdays, with some morning time. Wish me luck.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #2513
aragrey
Babyhands

It's funny, this week I'm like "Yeah whatever, I just have little details to finish, no biggie."

And next week I'm going to lose my head and be like, "I CAN'T FIND MY SEAM RIPPER HELP HELP HELP! I NEED MY JEWELRY STILL! I FORGOT TO HEM THIS!"

/cosplayprocrastinationproblems

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
aragrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #2514
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor

Wow I've been gone for a few days and this thread is BOOMING. xD But I have a good chance of going to Matsuri this year! Ride and membership all taken care of, but just need to confirm with a friend of mine for a place to stay and I'll be OK! I'll be bringing SSJ Bardock(for the occasion of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods movie releasing that weekend, even though he's not in it. xD), Manga ver. Trainer Red(at times I'll be with a duel disk as a little funny crossover with a friend of mine xD), Alucard and Human Shadow the Hedgehog~ :3
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Gaius - FE:A
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX (DONE)
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Retropalooza - Arlington, TX (DONE)
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX *next*
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #2515
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus2072 View Post
Wow I've been gone for a few days and this thread is BOOMING. xD But I have a good chance of going to Matsuri this year! Ride and membership all taken care of, but just need to confirm with a friend of mine for a place to stay and I'll be OK! I'll be bringing SSJ Bardock(for the occasion of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods movie releasing that weekend, even though he's not in it. xD), Manga ver. Trainer Red(at times I'll be with a duel disk as a little funny crossover with a friend of mine xD), Alucard and Human Shadow the Hedgehog~ :3
HAHAH Yeah it has been booming everyone moved from TXC to here even though they never really left here. then again if everyone from here knew about the actual Texas website it'd be nice. I miss the random lots of feed back from everyone. As far as me though i'm trying to make matsuri and i don't know much yet. Honestly if i do go i'm just looking forward to the meet up Maybe get the pros to teach me some random stuff. Then again i consider the pros to be Falclon and Usagi not to mention a few others whos names i really don't remember but i know they be lurkin.

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #2516
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerupSkitz View Post
Anyone near the Sulphur Springs or Quitman/Mineola area in East Texas? I live smack dab in the middle of Sulphur and Quitman so it'd be nice to make more friends that live close by. c:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangurl47 View Post
So Anyone From Longview texas? Cuz im pretty clueless down here wit no other cosplayers TT___TT....im new to it and tring to get into it. Lol
Guys im not going to lie you are both in cosplay DEAD ZONES i'll message you though to give you some places in the area you might could find some other cosplayers if i still lived near longview i'd chill or something but i'm in Waco for a while.

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #2517
CJ-Kun
King Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
Guys im not going to lie you are both in cosplay DEAD ZONES i'll message you though to give you some places in the area you might could find some other cosplayers if i still lived near longview i'd chill or something but i'm in Waco for a while.
The Tyler area has gained quite a few cosplayers in the last year or so.
CJ-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #2518
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

So how is everyone doing costume wise in prep for Matsuri? Including today we've only got 5 full days to finish costumes. I'm finally not freaking out cuz I just have to finish my belt and I'm set, hope everyone else is doing ok time wise X3

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #2519
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
So how is everyone doing costume wise in prep for Matsuri? Including today we've only got 5 full days to finish costumes. I'm finally not freaking out cuz I just have to finish my belt and I'm set, hope everyone else is doing ok time wise X3
I have mostly little things left. Adjustments, trim, buttons, painting. The construction parts are all done for the most part. The one thing I'm still worried about is my patch. If it doesn't show up tomorrow I may not even make the jacket.. it'll feel weird to make an Ouran jacket with no patch.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #2520
Zucchan
Major Idiot

I have to face that I'm going to be sewing up until friday morning of the Con.

/sigh/ but life gets in the way so much.....
Abyss no Ishi, Deidara
:2011:
Cheren
:2013:
Uzuki Yashiro, Mary (Ib)
Zucchan is offline   Reply With Quote