Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #2551
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
@Sailor Moon: 5. ROFL. But I had Celine, so it was okay. She was awesome and took so many pictures.
Hahahaha, well be sure to post up her gallery when she gets them all posted XD

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #2552
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Quote:
I met so many of you it made me happy!! :3 And if I didn't meet you then I saw you and couldn't get to you. Like Myribee. I swear I saw you as Asuka.
I was kind of quickly roaming. I am extremely short, so I get swept away by crowds easily. x3

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #2553
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Myribee ~ I ... think I met you ... at the Marvel shoot? I was the Black Cat who came up to you and said 'omg you look so familiar', and you were like 'well you saw me yesterday XD'

Maybe not? Different person? I don't remember, whoever it was I talked to told me their cosplay.com username and I could have sworn they said Myribee, but they might have said something else ... my memory is terrible sorry DX

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #2554
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Myribee ~ I ... think I met you ... at the Marvel shoot? I was the Black Cat who came up to you and said 'omg you look so familiar', and you were like 'well you saw me yesterday XD'

Maybe not? Different person? I don't remember, whoever it was I talked to told me their cosplay.com username and I could have sworn they said Myribee, but they might have said something else ... my memory is terrible sorry DX
That wasn't me, no. I wasn't at the Marvel shoot, but I had a friend who was! He was Thor.

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 04-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #2555
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
That wasn't me, no. I wasn't at the Marvel shoot, but I had a friend who was! He was Thor.
Hmm, maybe their screen name was just really close to yours then XD My bad.

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 04-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #2556
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

It's okay!

I'm in a dilemma because I'm still new to cosplay and keep trying to look through tutorials on how to make weapons/tools to use/materials to use, but all the tutorials are written as though you already have some idea of what to do. I literally know squat about accessories and props, and it seems most of the tutorials here on the site are like 'Use this and do this' and...Doesn't really explain for the people who don't know anything. :/

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #2557
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
It's okay!

I'm in a dilemma because I'm still new to cosplay and keep trying to look through tutorials on how to make weapons/tools to use/materials to use, but all the tutorials are written as though you already have some idea of what to do. I literally know squat about accessories and props, and it seems most of the tutorials here on the site are like 'Use this and do this' and...Doesn't really explain for the people who don't know anything. :/
I know how you feel ... I've spent the last couple of months trying to figure out how to make a scythe ... I'm still not sure but I'm just gonna have to wing it, cuz I even posted a new thread asking specific questions, and had about 20 replies, none of them answering any of my questions, just being assholes for the most part. This site is suppose to be helpful, but if you're completely clueless it's really not that great >_>

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #2558
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I know how you feel ... I've spent the last couple of months trying to figure out how to make a scythe ... I'm still not sure but I'm just gonna have to wing it, cuz I even posted a new thread asking specific questions, and had about 20 replies, none of them answering any of my questions, just being assholes for the most part. This site is suppose to be helpful, but if you're completely clueless it's really not that great >_>
I feeeel you! I'm thinking about seriously seeing if there's someone in the area I could just...pay for lessons on how to do cosplay sewing and stuff. I've never even touched a sewing machine. Most of my stuff is just pre-made things that I alter to turn into cosplay outfits. Myeeehhh. :/

Like, what do the people do who know absolutely nothing about...Well, anything? I mean, we would love to learn, but where is our starting point?

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 04-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #2559
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Paid off my Ranmao commission finally. Now onto her challenging wig...ugh why I'd get my beginner self into this xD

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #2560
UtahLuge

Quote:
......pay for lessons on how to do cosplay sewing and stuff. I've never even touched a sewing machine. ...... but where is our starting point?
My perspective is a little different as I learned to sew in middle school but there was something I didn't know how to do and I found a very helpful how-to on youtube. I had to sort through 5 or 6 dumb ones but finally found one that was perfect. Take on look on youtube for some pointers on how to get started. Maybe do a search for beginning sewing or simple sewing project. I wouldn't start my sewing mindset with only cosplays. Use regular sewing lessons and adapt them to your cosplay.
UtahLuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #2561
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
I feeeel you! I'm thinking about seriously seeing if there's someone in the area I could just...pay for lessons on how to do cosplay sewing and stuff. I've never even touched a sewing machine. Most of my stuff is just pre-made things that I alter to turn into cosplay outfits. Myeeehhh. :/

Like, what do the people do who know absolutely nothing about...Well, anything? I mean, we would love to learn, but where is our starting point?
Well if you're in the Houston area I could teach you how to sew, my bf wants to learn too, so I could make a little class out of it LOL

I actually learned to sew from my grandmother when I was like 5, she taught me how to hand sew and make a quilt XD I made all of my costumes by hand til I started going to more cons and realized that hand sewing was just wayyyyyyy too slow, haha. My mom told me she had a sewing machine and pulled it out, and I just sat there til I figured it out. But I at least had a clue by that point, cuz I knew how to construct costumes, it was just a change of how I sewed it together.

But I know what your saying, there's very little on how to get started, that's why sometimes I hate the internet, you can find anything you need to know! ... Unless it's how to learn something from the very beginning -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahLuge View Post
I had to sort through 5 or 6 dumb ones but finally found one that was perfect.
That's the frustrating part for me, is sifting through all the dumb ones to find what you need, and for me it's usually like 20 or 30 before I find a good one, so you have better luck than I do LOL

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 04-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #2562
Zaiten

I personally just winged it. I bought a cheap sewing machine and just practiced with it. I made pants, a shirt.. random things with lots of mistakes until I began to learn how things went together and my machine worked.

Edit: >.> Then again I still kind of suck, I totally want lessons from Moonie. Shame I live so far away.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #2563
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I'm a beginner at sewing clothing for people but back in the day I was a big doll collector so I sewed doll clothing alot. I've applied those skills to making myself some cosplay though I can't Velcro everything like doll clothing but heck if its easy I will lol.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2564
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Then again I still kind of suck, I totally want lessons from Moonie. Shame I live so far away.
Usagi's Sewing Class

I could totally do it XD

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 04-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #2565
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

When it comes to props, I had to learned it the hard way. I have used almost anything I can think of including things I found from my garage, friend's place or at areas that have cardboard boxes lying around. My fav are foamies, paperclay, foamboard, wood putty etc..
I also used wood but thats when I have time to cut it up and all. Other then that, I used inexpensive materials and found some techniques that can help me. Other times, it was a waste of time but I learn what and what not to do.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote