Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #2566
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor
 
Arceus2072's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 189
Man I was gone for Matsuri(and slept alot on Monday. xD) and this place explodes! xD Man, Matsuri was fun~ I was there as Trainer Red, SSJ Bardock, Alucard(I was the ONLY Alucard there! xD) and Human Shadow the Hedgehog~ Although I don't know if I saw ANY of you guys though! D:
__________________
Some of my cosplays:
Red - Pokemon Adventures
Alucard - Hellsing
Ryou Bakura - YGO!
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Jean Kirschtein - SnK
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX *NEXT*
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #2567
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3
 
Rangiku12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,232
The fashion outlet is like a cosplay wig haven. Such good prices and can't wait for the lace front wigs to be 2 for $20 again as I need one for a later cosplay. Time to start on my Ranmao wig and Saya uniform
__________________
Facebook
Tumblr


Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #2568
Viverra
Commander
 
Viverra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 283
Hey everyone! I've lived in Texas my whole life, but I never seem to know many cosplayers around me! I'm going to school in Lubbock (west Texas), I go home a lot in Wichita Falls (north Texas), and I'm trying to get an internship in Houston for the summer!

Cosplay page

I didn't make it to Anime Matsuri because I'm saving up to go to Dragon*Con this year.
I'm super busy with my last semester of college, but I'm going to try to have Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening done by A-kon!

So.... hai (x
__________________
Current Cosplays
FemShep (N7 Armor) - Mass Effect 3
Gaige the Mechromancer - Borderlands 2
Pyrrha - RWBY

Planned Cosplays
Gamora - Guardians of the Galaxy (with the fiancee as Star Lord)

Next Cons
Comicpalooza
A-kon
SDCC
Viverra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #2569
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3
 
darkangel7410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Usagi's Sewing Class

I could totally do it XD
Oh dear god O.O you got her started lmao....Even her profile pic is gleaming lol.


Nah anyways guys i have something i would like help with. I know a lot of people are not fans of Air Gear because they never finished the manga >..> not going to go there lol* BUT i am putting together a cosplay group and i have designs for the Uniforms the Emblems and working on people who can make *non motorized* AT's for us. Now if you have not ever read Air gear give the first 5 books a good looking over. I'm not going to lie it has a solid plot. BUT here is the issue. I'm needing to find someone ANYONE who can figure out the fabric used in the picture i'm going to attempt to attach to this post, and using that knowledge let me know if they can make a uniform for us. I have yet to find someone really awesome at *copy/edit* as far as drawing goes because are emblem is amazing but needs some slight modifications. Just need someone with some know how to give me some good news.


__________________
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) Dancin Kirby XD

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #2570
MonkeyToe
Registered User
 
MonkeyToe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 72
Hey everyone. Beginner Cosplayer here in Dallas Tx and I wanted to know.... Where are all our Dallas Cosplayers at?! I checked the event calendar and noticed too major events were missing with the Dallas Comic Con and the Dallas A-Kon. Does this mean that Dallas is a virtual vacuum for cosplaying? T.T
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #2571
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
[size="3"][color="DarkRed"]
[color="DarkGreen"]
Nah anyways guys i have something i would like help with. I know a lot of people are not fans of Air Gear because they never finished the manga >..> not going to go there lol* BUT i am putting together a cosplay group and i have designs for the Uniforms the Emblems and working on people who can make *non motorized* AT's for us. Now if you have not ever read Air gear give the first 5 books a good looking over. I'm not going to lie it has a solid plot. BUT here is the issue. I'm needing to find someone ANYONE who can figure out the fabric used in the picture i'm going to attempt to attach to this post, and using that knowledge let me know if they can make a uniform for us. I have yet to find someone really awesome at *copy/edit* as far as drawing goes because are emblem is amazing but needs some slight modifications. Just need someone with some know how to give me some good news.
Well I can tell you that the person in the cosplay photo is wearing a faux leather, it looks like relatively the same stuff I made my black cat costume out of, only I probably have the stretch version. If you really wanted to go with 'wind breaker material' they sell something very similar to that at Jo-Ann's, I just don't know if it'll actually keep you warm or not. If all else fails, you could always just buy a black wind breaker outfit and add all the designs to it, that way it'd be a perfect fit, it would actually break the wind, it'd probably be easier on your pocket than getting the whole thing commissioned, and you'd already have functional pockets. Just a thought =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
Hey everyone. Beginner Cosplayer here in Dallas Tx and I wanted to know.... Where are all our Dallas Cosplayers at?! I checked the event calendar and noticed too major events were missing with the Dallas Comic Con and the Dallas A-Kon. Does this mean that Dallas is a virtual vacuum for cosplaying? T.T
Most of us here are in the Houston area, but we ALL go to A-Kon, and some of us to AnimeFEST, so I guess technically we're all 'Dallas cosplayers' XD Don't pay attention to the event calendar on here though, the site is going through some renovations so they haven't gotten around to posting up even a quarter of all the events for this year.
But I don't know what you mean by 'Dallas is a virtual vacuum for cosplaying' ... so I can't really answer that question XD
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt


Upcoming Conventions


AnimeFEST
Friday: Chii (Chobits) Saturday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress


DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #2572
MonkeyToe
Registered User
 
MonkeyToe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Most of us here are in the Houston area, but we ALL go to A-Kon, and some of us to AnimeFEST, so I guess technically we're all 'Dallas cosplayers' XD Don't pay attention to the event calendar on here though, the site is going through some renovations so they haven't gotten around to posting up even a quarter of all the events for this year.
But I don't know what you mean by 'Dallas is a virtual vacuum for cosplaying' ... so I can't really answer that question XD
That explains it! I was just curious why there didn't seem to be any Dallas events posted. Is A Kon only in Dallas? As you can tell I am quite new. My sister goes to A-Kon every year but I have never been. I don't know if I'll make it this year either as I am going to the Dallas Comic Con earlier in May and will likely be spending quite a bit on auto-graphs and photos. Not to mention that I won't have the know how to make a costume by A-Kon.

Next year may be my year. I think my first cosplay will be as Kyo Sohma.
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #2573
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!
 
ThakYuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
Hey everyone. Beginner Cosplayer here in Dallas Tx and I wanted to know.... Where are all our Dallas Cosplayers at?! I checked the event calendar and noticed too major events were missing with the Dallas Comic Con and the Dallas A-Kon. Does this mean that Dallas is a virtual vacuum for cosplaying? T.T
There are lots of cosplayers in the Dallas area. I know there was an actual group for the entire DFW area (don't remember their name or if they still exist). There are also lots of cons in Dallas: A-Kon, Afest, and All-Con are the largest, and there are smaller cons around as well.
__________________
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #2574
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
That explains it! I was just curious why there didn't seem to be any Dallas events posted. Is A Kon only in Dallas? As you can tell I am quite new. My sister goes to A-Kon every year but I have never been. I don't know if I'll make it this year either as I am going to the Dallas Comic Con earlier in May and will likely be spending quite a bit on auto-graphs and photos. Not to mention that I won't have the know how to make a costume by A-Kon.

Next year may be my year. I think my first cosplay will be as Kyo Sohma.
Yeah A-Kon is only in Dallas. It's alright ^^ We've all got to start somewhere =P Ah, well, I hope you enjoy your first con ^_^
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt


Upcoming Conventions


AnimeFEST
Friday: Chii (Chobits) Saturday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress


DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #2575
MonkeyToe
Registered User
 
MonkeyToe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Yeah A-Kon is only in Dallas. It's alright ^^ We've all got to start somewhere =P Ah, well, I hope you enjoy your first con ^_^
Thanks! Technically it won't be my first con, just the first con I plan on Cosplaying at. Last year I also attended one day at All-Con and one day at Dallas Fan Days. This year it will probably only be me Cosplaying but my wife is really into the Cosplay idea too. We plan on taking some sewing and crafting classes this summer when our kids are with family so we can really start getting into it.
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #2576
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3
 
darkangel7410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Well I can tell you that the person in the cosplay photo is wearing a faux leather, it looks like relatively the same stuff I made my black cat costume out of, only I probably have the stretch version. If you really wanted to go with 'wind breaker material' they sell something very similar to that at Jo-Ann's, I just don't know if it'll actually keep you warm or not. If all else fails, you could always just buy a black wind breaker outfit and add all the designs to it, that way it'd be a perfect fit, it would actually break the wind, it'd probably be easier on your pocket than getting the whole thing commissioned, and you'd already have functional pockets. Just a thought =P



Most of us here are in the Houston area, but we ALL go to A-Kon, and some of us to AnimeFEST, so I guess technically we're all 'Dallas cosplayers' XD Don't pay attention to the event calendar on here though, the site is going through some renovations so they haven't gotten around to posting up even a quarter of all the events for this year.
But I don't know what you mean by 'Dallas is a virtual vacuum for cosplaying' ... so I can't really answer that question XD
Well if your able to make the outfit it'd be a great help to me. I'm just wondering if you have faith in your ability to make something like this? I want it commissioned because i have no underling ability to sew *and no youtube how to's will not help me* So i'm really looking for anyone who can. And if it's faux leather i'm fine with it but no basic or otherwise wind breaker will be as thick as i need it.
__________________
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) Dancin Kirby XD

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #2577
Myribee
The Last Pandawan
 
Myribee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
Hilariously, the groups I usually cosplay with are out in Dallas. I'm the only one here in Houston, haha.
__________________
Next Convention
Anime Matsuri

Current Cosplays WIP
Lux - League of Legends - 30%
Panty Anarchy - Panty & Stocking - 40%
Supergirl - DC Comics - 60%
Nurse Miku - Vocaloid - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #2578
Viverra
Commander
 
Viverra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
Hilariously, the groups I usually cosplay with are out in Dallas. I'm the only one here in Houston, haha.
Ohai bestie! Lol

I'm still waiting to hear if I got the internship I'm pursueing in Katy! I'll be near Houston if I do
__________________
Current Cosplays
FemShep (N7 Armor) - Mass Effect 3
Gaige the Mechromancer - Borderlands 2
Pyrrha - RWBY

Planned Cosplays
Gamora - Guardians of the Galaxy (with the fiancee as Star Lord)

Next Cons
Comicpalooza
A-kon
SDCC
Viverra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #2579
MonkeyToe
Registered User
 
MonkeyToe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
Hilariously, the groups I usually cosplay with are out in Dallas. I'm the only one here in Houston, haha.
Any of them going to Dallas Comic Con? I posted up a thread for the Con in the "Others" board (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=318153) but I noticed that the thread for Dallas Comic Con had like 0 replies last yeah. It seems crazy to me because I KNOW that a ton of people go to this convention.
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #2580
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence
 
Sinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
Thanks! Technically it won't be my first con, just the first con I plan on Cosplaying at. Last year I also attended one day at All-Con and one day at Dallas Fan Days. This year it will probably only be me Cosplaying but my wife is really into the Cosplay idea too. We plan on taking some sewing and crafting classes this summer when our kids are with family so we can really start getting into it.
Ah, well trust me, it'll be like it's your first con, because there is a HUGE difference experience wise between going to a convention in civilian clothes, and cosplaying at a convention ... at least for me there is XD
And that's a smart idea! Hopefully the kids will stay gone long enough for ya'll to get the hang of it LOL The beginning is always the hardest part, once you get past that you'll be good =)


Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
Well if your able to make the outfit it'd be a great help to me. I'm just wondering if you have faith in your ability to make something like this? I want it commissioned because i have no underling ability to sew *and no youtube how to's will not help me* So i'm really looking for anyone who can. And if it's faux leather i'm fine with it but no basic or otherwise wind breaker will be as thick as i need it.
Haha, well yes I have every faith in my ability to make something like that, that would be considered an 'easy' costume to me, lolol.
But sadly I don't do commissions anymore, and even if I did, I have absolutely 0 time this year to take on anything extra, I've even had to cut out 2 of my own costumes due to time constraints. And don't worry, I would never suggest youtube how to's, unlike a lot of people, I think I've only ever watched like 3 videos on youtube, I don't care for it much, lol.
__________________
Sinnocent
Website | Facebook | DeviantArt


Upcoming Conventions


AnimeFEST
Friday: Chii (Chobits) Saturday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress


DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress


+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.