Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #2851
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
I wish I had the ability to sit still and actually sort of watch Bleach.

Man, I can barely keep my butt glued to the chair to watch Fairy Tail. It's even hard to get through a 25 episode anime too! ><
Yeah read the Manga if your not able to watch the Anime. I like the Anime tho it ended already but we still have the Manga. Its getting interested and my fav character has a new outfit, so Im working on the cosplay.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #2852
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Got my Hinata jacket today! Need just a few more things to finish her and I have Bleach's Retsu and Rangiku items to cosplay them with but I have no bleach soul reaper uniform since they are hard to come by

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #2853
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Guh. I'm working on making some Madara armor for my boyfriend and finishing up my Lux staff so I can get to work on the 3D maneuvering gear.

I feel bad because I love to cosplay, and while I can make armor and props pretty decently, I have almost zero knowledge of sewing. I did have a friend actually teach me how to use a sewing machine this weekend and almost got finished making my first skirt! That's exciting.

I've just heard horror stories about cosplayers being really pissy towards people who don't 100% make their own stuff. Sewing is just harder for me to grasp than prop-making or armor-crafting. I think it takes more of a creative eye than I have, but I'm willing to work on it. :<

So...Yay? Trying to be well rounded? Sewing is so hard. :<

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #2854
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Guh. I'm working on making some Madara armor for my boyfriend and finishing up my Lux staff so I can get to work on the 3D maneuvering gear.

I feel bad because I love to cosplay, and while I can make armor and props pretty decently, I have almost zero knowledge of sewing. I did have a friend actually teach me how to use a sewing machine this weekend and almost got finished making my first skirt! That's exciting.

I've just heard horror stories about cosplayers being really pissy towards people who don't 100% make their own stuff. Sewing is just harder for me to grasp than prop-making or armor-crafting. I think it takes more of a creative eye than I have, but I'm willing to work on it. :<

So...Yay? Trying to be well rounded? Sewing is so hard. :<
If you run into extremist cosplayers they can go suck a ****. If you are able to make any part of your cosplay that in itself is enough. Some of us don't know i damn thing about anything. I can make props i just never have the money so i have to buy my cosplays or have them commissioned. I don't let those punks get me down at all. Be proud you have talent. So yes...lol YAY! ^.^

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
Custom AirGear Cosplay (0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #2855
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
If you run into extremist cosplayers they can go suck a ****. If you are able to make any part of your cosplay that in itself is enough. Some of us don't know i damn thing about anything. I can make props i just never have the money so i have to buy my cosplays or have them commissioned. I don't let those punks get me down at all. Be proud you have talent. So yes...lol YAY! ^.^
I'd just like to not get stuck in the situation, you know? I end up getting most of my stuff commissioned too, save for bits I can actually make or alter myself!
*high-fives* But, I agree! We should all just realize we're cool people dressing up as cooler people and being awesome and enjoying what we love. Not everyone agrees, though.

And, I'm not entering contests or taking credit for things I didn't make. If I CAN give a link to my commissioner I will, and I always correct people who assume I made it myself. So, I assume if people are going to get angry about anything, then they're just trying to find a way to nitpick. :/

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 07-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #2856
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
I'd just like to not get stuck in the situation, you know? I end up getting most of my stuff commissioned too, save for bits I can actually make or alter myself!
*high-fives* But, I agree! We should all just realize we're cool people dressing up as cooler people and being awesome and enjoying what we love. Not everyone agrees, though.

And, I'm not entering contests or taking credit for things I didn't make. If I CAN give a link to my commissioner I will, and I always correct people who assume I made it myself. So, I assume if people are going to get angry about anything, then they're just trying to find a way to nitpick. :/
There probably jealous for the attention you get or they just want something to nitpick to feel themselves better. Either way, its both wrong and its really quite childish for elitists to behave that way.
I myself sew my outfits, but I suck at making boot covers or any kind of shoe alterations. I just dont have the skills for it. But Im sure with some practice I be able to.
So dont get discourage on it and continue to do the things you think is right. Plus I dont find it wrong to commission things, sometimes it helps and it avoids stress levels. I know there were times where I just want to quit because a certain piece of a cosplay didnt come out right.
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #2857
Falclon

@Myribee, I don't care if someone makes their cosplay or not, as long as they aren't claiming credit for something they didn't make, and this goes for almost all cosplayers who make their own stuff. I was at AX and these girls came up asking where I bought my Mey-Rin cosplay. When I told them I made it they got annoyed and were really kind of rude. It happens on both sides, you can't worry about it.

So AM officially released the dates today, meaning I can mention it here, which will be March 14-16. I'll be in town for it! I originally wasn't planning on going since I was so disappointed with this year, but with the new location I will for sure be going. You'll find out the location once they launch the website.
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #2858
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Quick reminder (if you haven't seen the event on Facebook already) that BarbeQon is this coming Saturday. If you're in the DFW area between 10am-4pm, feel free to come by and meet fellow cosplayers, eat free food, and participate in a kanzashi workshop (all supplies provided). The weather looks pretty darn good for a Texas summer day (high in the upper 80s-low 90s, cool north wind)!
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #2859
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
Quick reminder (if you haven't seen the event on Facebook already) that BarbeQon is this coming Saturday. If you're in the DFW area between 10am-4pm, feel free to come by and meet fellow cosplayers, eat free food, and participate in a kanzashi workshop (all supplies provided). The weather looks pretty darn good for a Texas summer day (high in the upper 80s-low 90s, cool north wind)!
Trust me i'd love to go but the main thing i am worried about is getting there. I have cosplayers that live south of me and north of me but its more of a developing a good friendship with them in order to hope they can help me get to events i can't get to and if i can help them with something in the future that's in my power to help with i can do that as well. But it is something i'd like to do, just being stuck in waco it meh.

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
Custom AirGear Cosplay (0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #2860
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

No worries! We'll be doing this again next year, barring unforeseen incidents, so we hope to catch you next year.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #2861
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

I wanna go to AM against next year, but it's too close to PAX East. :/

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #2862
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Oh my gerd ... this thread made it to the third page!

Everyone must be busy with stuff for AnimeFEST ... I know I am, I'm almost going nuts cuz I'm so strapped for time. Though I must say that I got a couple of projects done that ended up not taking nearly as long as I thought it would, so I'm at least still in once piece ... at the moment XD

How is everyone else doing costume wise? =P

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #2863
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor

@Sailor Moon: Wow.. this thread's been barely active, probably since San Japan and A-Fest is around the corner and all.. -.-

Same here too, I've been working on Bakura's Millennium Ring(planned since June and started yesterday! XD) and working on Alucard's second gun, though that is going to take some time. I really need to make his hat too.. xD
Axel - Kingdom Hearts
Yuya Sakaki - YGO! Arc V

2015 Con Schedule:
IKKICON IX - *next*
Dallas Fan Days 2015
Mini A-Kon VIII
All-Con XI
Anime Matsuri 2015
Dallas Comic Con 2015
A-Kon 26
AnimeFEST 2015
Retropalooza 2015
Anime North Texas 2015
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #2864
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

This weekend I'm going out to get some red fabric for Panty Anarchy's Dress and other notions to start on it. Got my sister's Stocking dress and plush cat being commissioned,Traded a Finn hat for a Panty wig,and found the perfect earrings for panty cheaply on eBay. First costumes are getting done and still got 4 months to go.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #2865
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus2072 View Post

Same here too, I've been working on Bakura's Millennium Ring(planned since June and started yesterday! XD)
Would love to see the results of your Millennium Ring. Its been ages I cosplay Yu-Gi-Oh.

I got most of the fabric bought except one. Im unable to find a pinstripe fabric to make a set of pants so I either have to paint them with fabric paint or keep looking. Im not familiar with fabric paint so if anyone knows what brand is good to use, please tell me. That would help me alot