Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #571
crimsonvz
This isnt my world ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
crimsonvc ~ ALL weapons must be registered, guns, swords, staffs, anything that is a large prop or is a replica of a weapon ... even if it is obviously fake, because they need to make sure that you can't fire it. Even if it's just an airsoft gun, they will more than likely take it apart and take the spring out just in case. And even though yours is obviously not a REAL gun, they need to make sure it doesn't fire, and approve it, that way security knows it won't fire, cuz you can't always tell by just looking at them. Nice gun though!
ty lol yeah the only hole in my gun is covered by clear plastic becuase it has light come out of it other wise no spings or any thing like that lol ...i just love toys from japan lol...if im guessing right here lol witch knowing me im not the most they may do is zip tie my trigger and orange tape the black barrel
www.facebook.com/zeroproductioncosplay

planning for something i think
crimsonvz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #572
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by takimoto View Post
hey! im in san antonio too! what area??
I live right next to Churchill Highschool. :3

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #573
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonvz View Post
ty lol yeah the only hole in my gun is covered by clear plastic becuase it has light come out of it other wise no spings or any thing like that lol ...i just love toys from japan lol...if im guessing right here lol witch knowing me im not the most they may do is zip tie my trigger and orange tape the black barrel
Yeah, probably all they'll do is point the gun at the ground and pull the trigger, be sure to show them that the barrel is covered with clear plastic cuz it has a light, they won't put orange tape on it, but they will put a zip tie on it, and you have to be sure to keep it showing at all times, the only time you can hide it is if it's for a picture.

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #574
crimsonvz
This isnt my world ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Yeah, probably all they'll do is point the gun at the ground and pull the trigger, be sure to show them that the barrel is covered with clear plastic cuz it has a light, they won't put orange tape on it, but they will put a zip tie on it, and you have to be sure to keep it showing at all times, the only time you can hide it is if it's for a picture.
tyvm for the help

Unread 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #575
Kageh_Mygen
is still alive.

I had no idea there was a thread like this... probably because I don't usually come to this section of the forums.

Anyway, I'm from Austin, hence my posting in here (I live in Austin, and go to school in San Marcos, so I could associate with two different cities, actually :P). I'm currently looking forward to A-kon, then probably AnimeFest after that (haven't made up my mind yet).

Last edited by Kageh_Mygen : 05-05-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Kageh_Mygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #576
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonvz View Post
tyvm for the help
You're welcome ^_^

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 05-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #577
Ray-chan
cosplay = endurance sport

I've never been to A-kon before so looking forward to next month emensely! Could someone let me know if they have any unusual rules for cosplay?

Like I am cosplaying Axel from Kingdom Hearts and I know of other conventions that have a rule of how far any part of your costume can stick out from your body. My main concern is the hair. I don't consider a wig with hairspray in it a weapon, but there was a guy at ACen that had a felt hat on and they made him pin it because it stuck out from his body more than 10 or 12 inches.

Does A-kon have any unusual rules like this? I am not carrying any props with my costumes so not worried about that and no chains, trailing fabric, etc. though I am wearing platform shoes (don't think that's an issue, right?).

Anime USA 2011:
England (Hetalia)
America (Hetalia)
Russia (Hetalia)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)
Link (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

I write Hetalia fanfiction for adults: http://arcadiaeclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/26734260
Ray-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #578
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

This is my first A-kon too. I've looked over the cosplay rules, and I don't recall reading anything extremely wierd like that... but then again, you may wanna ask the pros. lol I'm so excited!!!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #579
Kageh_Mygen
is still alive.

A-kon tends to have rather strict weapons policies, but other than that I don't know of any weird costume rules.
Unread 05-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #580
Pattons_Panda
What...wait! NO moar spac

O hai thar.

Hello, sorry if im interrupting anything, but Im here to advertise a small anime convention since this is a thread to find Texas cosplayers :]

If you live in the Houston area, there is a small town called Anahuac about 45 minutes east of Houston. Every year we host a local anime convention called "Ana-con" This year its going to be held on May 15, 2010. Its usually pretty small (Maybe 100 or so people) but everyone that comes generally adores it and always returns.
Check out the official facebook page for more info :]]

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?in...17482298283415
Pattons_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #581
crimsonvz
This isnt my world ether

@Ray-chan

i think u should be fine as long as u dont have any thing that u can reach the ground floor with from the first floor lol i heard some one did that last year with a tongue lol

Unread 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #582
Squeaker-Ed
KNOCK KNOCK LOSERS

I'm from a little town in the TX Panhandle called Wellington. Has anyone even heard of it, I wonder? Or is it as obscure as Dodson, TX?! (Oh wait, that's right next to Wellington...)

PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Ashley, Rusty, & Dinah {x2} (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #583
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-chan View Post
I've never been to A-kon before so looking forward to next month emensely! Could someone let me know if they have any unusual rules for cosplay?

Like I am cosplaying Axel from Kingdom Hearts and I know of other conventions that have a rule of how far any part of your costume can stick out from your body. My main concern is the hair. I don't consider a wig with hairspray in it a weapon, but there was a guy at ACen that had a felt hat on and they made him pin it because it stuck out from his body more than 10 or 12 inches.

Does A-kon have any unusual rules like this? I am not carrying any props with my costumes so not worried about that and no chains, trailing fabric, etc. though I am wearing platform shoes (don't think that's an issue, right?).
I am telling you right now, your hair is fine. I've been going to A-kon for years, and it seems every year there is some person with a HUGE part of their costume walking around everywhere, and instead of a-kon making them change, or saying they can't wear that part, they actually help part the crowd so they can walk through XD Like for example, one year, this person was walking around: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/15/20...ef49a34321.jpg ... those wings were huge, and they stuck out like mad. I think this is the person anyway >_>

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #584
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-chan View Post

Just gonna throw this out there-- the convention won't have any problem with your wig at all.

Now the hotel, there's where you'll just have to be careful. I've had a friend yelled at because her Sora wig was "too sharp", so just make sure you stay out of the hotel entrances and just make sure to watch your behavior when you're in non-convention center areas. This includes the skating rink, etc. The staff are all on edge with so many young'ns around, so you definitely don't want them thinking you're going to be anything but civil.

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #585
Ray-chan
cosplay = endurance sport

I'm definitely not one of the crazy running around fangirls. I'm more calm, laid back, wandering type.

Thanks guys!

Anime USA 2011:
England (Hetalia)
America (Hetalia)
Russia (Hetalia)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)
Link (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

I write Hetalia fanfiction for adults: http://arcadiaeclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/26734260
Ray-chan is offline   Reply With Quote