Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #1336
Riia
Rii-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I'll be putting on the fashion show again. I'll probably also host a few panels; hopefully this time I'll get to choose my panel topics!!

Last year I was considered an industry guest, so it was all about fashion, but this year I really want to add some cosplay! ^___^
Yay! I'm so glad you are coming again this year! I was in your fashion show last year! i wore your Hot Mess lolita skirt! I am for sure signing up again this year xD
Riia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #1337
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

@CJ-Kun: Very cool! PM me more about her so we don't flame the thread.

@Riia: It's great to hear from you! Yes, of course, how can I forget? ^____^ I will definitely be asking for my models again as well as new ones! I hope to have many more designers this year. I didn't realize how many people were not familiar with Lolita and Japanese sub fashion at RC, so this year I want to focus all my designs on Lolita styles and Mori Girl. Maybe Dolly and Vidual Kei too? Ha ha ha, well, it really depends on what I'm inspired to make. (I do want to make another decora styled outfit, like Hott Mess) So many things to make! But color and cuteness will be the main goal.

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Panne (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Sold Snake Lolita (Beat Down Boogie)

Recently Finished:
Trainer Kris (Pokemon Crystal)
Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Space Warrior (Space Unicorn)
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #1338
aragrey
Babyhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgirl018 View Post
I was trying to use fabric paint markers on my slightly stretchy fingerless gloves that I got from hot topic a long time ago. But as soon as they finish drying, where i painted on the gloves, it made it hard. I can still put my fingers into it but it didnt give me that look I wanted for Mami tomoe's gloves.

So I was thinking about just buying some cheap leather gloves, cutting them to make it into fingerless and paint the gold trim on there. What do you think about that?

Also I have never wore a wig before. So I was wondering if I need to wash it before wearing. It prestyled. Any other advice u can give me would be great. It's a blonde wig.
Yeeahhhh you have to be careful with painting fabric, especially anything with a stretch since fabric paint isn't flexible. Painting fabric usually does better on a fabric that's just gonna lay flat or not be subjected to any body part that would stretch it. Your idea to use leather, however, is a great alternative! It'll hold up to the paint and be more durable. It's a learning process!

Wigs typically don't need to be washed unless there's something funky in there. Assuming you're talking about the Mami wig, be careful with it. Just remember the basic wig rules: Keep it from being crushed, keep it away from anything that might tangle it, and don't headbang in it.

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
aragrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #1339
Riia
Rii-Chan

@Seven: Wow I am so excited! You should make some flyers this year and have a few of the models walking around the con in your amazing outfits and passing them out! Last year we had a big audience but this year we need a full house! =D
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #1340
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

@Riia- That is a fantastic idea!! I will have to do that. A full house would be really epic! <3 I'm hoping to have a few more designers this year, which will mean more models needed, which means more families? (Maybe) But we'll see! I had planned for five designers to be in the show, but in the end we had the two. This year I'm planning to have at least double the outfits...so much work.

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)

Recently Finished:
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #1341
Riia
Rii-Chan

@Seven: Well this year my boyfriend wants to be in the show too so you will have a male model! And it is a bunch of work but at least its something you love doing! Girl I wish I had your job xD Being a cosplay designer AND cosplay model would be awesome! And your work is amazing so at least after all your awesome work you will be getting the credit you deserve because this years Realms Con show will be off the chain! ^-^
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #1342
Takura
Wheres my Chips?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-Kun View Post
you're welcome! And don't forget if you want to find a Naruto cosplayer at A-Kon just close your eyes spin in a circle 10 times and point in any random direction.
That is becoming less and less true

Next Conventions:
Dallas Comic Con
DragonCon

XBOX Live: xxTakuraxx
PSN: xxTakuraxx
Takura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #1343
Takura
Wheres my Chips?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixxH View Post
Hello there everyone. I'm new to cosplaying (this will be my first convention) but have been wanting to do it for years! I've decided that my first go around will be A-Kon 23 in Dallas as an original character from Naruto Shippuden. I'll be attending with my friends and our husbands (the men won't dress up...>.<) and I wanted to know who all is going as Naruto characters? I would love to get pictures and fully live my first experience at a convention.... (Apparently I chose a pretty big con to start off with... Ugh...)
Unfortunately, I'll only be attending two days. (Almost 100% Saturday and Sunday...)

Hope to hear from everyone! ^^
I will be at A-Kon again as Chouji (my 9th year at A-Kon, 4th year as chouji)

Next Conventions:
Dallas Comic Con
DragonCon

XBOX Live: xxTakuraxx
PSN: xxTakuraxx
Takura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #1344
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riia View Post
@Seven: Well this year my boyfriend wants to be in the show too so you will have a male model! And it is a bunch of work but at least its something you love doing! Girl I wish I had your job xD Being a cosplay designer AND cosplay model would be awesome! And your work is amazing so at least after all your awesome work you will be getting the credit you deserve because this years Realms Con show will be off the chain! ^-^
Oh, how exciting! Please PM me his measurements, shoe size, and a picture (when you can; there is still time). I'd like to make something that would match his 'look'.

Ha ha ha, well I do have a day job! I work as an advertising agency art director, which is our fancy term for lead graphic designer, I suppose. I just love doing fashion and cosplay during my free time...but yes, I want this year to be bigger and more colorful! I'm already looking into buying new crazy wigs and shoes! I'll post my new outfits on the OSO facebook page once they are made. (Hopefully professionally shot photos, if I can manage that.)

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)

Recently Finished:
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1345
CJ-Kun
King Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takura View Post
That is becoming less and less true
That is true. Sadly it was pretty much nothing but Hetalia and Homestuck at last year's A-Kon.

Last edited by CJ-Kun : 04-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
CJ-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #1346
aragrey
Babyhands

Is Homestuck really that big? I don't remember seeing THAT big of a Homestuck crowd last year...

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #1347
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

Homestuck and ponies. That's all people are starting to do these days. :/ It's gettin to be rather bothersome when you want to cosplay with someone and they are like 'oh yea i'm going to be karkat, applejax, and [insert some other homestuck or pony character whose name i do not know]' and you're just like '......bye....' It's not that hard to make either costumes so everyone is doing them because it's "easy". Also the fandoms like freak out if you say you don't like either so I avoid the pony creeps and annoying trolls.

Homestuck cosplayers try to be in character and just start acting like complete idiots or assholes and it really annoys me. At Izumi a group of trolls was annoying my gf and wouldn't leave her alone because she was cosplaying Ciel and they kept calling her a girl and saying that she wasn't a boy when yea..she is a girl but she is cosplaying a boy let her have her fun.

They are always loud and over the top and think they are cool when really. They are just starting to be REALLY annoying.

The ponies whine about everything and are just as big a spazes as homestuck people. A lot tend to be like "OH MY GOD PINKIEPIE!!!" And scream and run at each other and become really loud.....yes all cosplayers are loud but the ponies and stuckers are louder then most everyone else. :/
Stocking (Anarchy)
Raichu (Human form for a skit)
Lady Rainicorn (Human Form)
CosplayCinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #1348
aragrey
Babyhands

*Cringe* I know what you mean about the ponies. Oh God.

Is it just me or have more Pokemon suits been popping up a lot more, too? I feel like I keep seeing more and more fur suits.

New This Year
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #1349
crimsonvz
This isnt my world ether

i find the ponies to be scary my self but every worst is when they mix the ponies via art then in cosplay or with homestuck

DA link
http://crimsonvz.deviantart.com/
facebook link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...26&ref=profile

planning for afest 2009
crimsonvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #1350
Riia
Rii-Chan

@Seven: Okay I will get on that right away ^-^

And even your day job sounds fun xD