Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #1396
Falclon

I will be at San Japan Saturday but at this point it looks like I won't be staying the whole weekend. If plans change though I will let you know. I really want to go the entire weekend.

Also does anyone here know of a good Houston area photographer? Looking to get a shoot done this summer.

Unread 05-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1397
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
I will be at San Japan Saturday but at this point it looks like I won't be staying the whole weekend. If plans change though I will let you know. I really want to go the entire weekend.

Also does anyone here know of a good Houston area photographer? Looking to get a shoot done this summer.
Well if i had my camera i'd do it but i don't have my good one. As far as staying the whole weekend TRUST ME i really do want to. But if i have to pleasure every cosplayer in a 4 mile radius with just my hands >.< i'd almost do it "yes i just said that no i did not mean it." But it gets my point across as to how much i want to attend lmao. Sorry if anyone freaked when i said that. It was only funny to me considering my last post. :P

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #1398
Croweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post

I know of two. Have you heard of Angelwing or Mike Boike? They're both very good photographers (Angelwing took my Tsubaki pictures) and they are from the Houston area. Not entirely sure where Angelwing is located, but Mike Boike is from the Clear Lake area. A simple google search should help you find their respective sites and information. If you're uncomfortable with deciding your own poses and the like, I'd go with Mike.

Planned Cons:
Comicpalooza 2014 - Stephanie Brown as Spoiler from Batman Eternal, Gwen Cooper from Torchwood, and Sabrina from Pokemon
A-Kon 2014 - same as Comicpalooza except swapping Gwen for Lugia from Pokemon
Wizard World Austin 2014 - Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls, Fem! Sam Winchester from Supernatural, and Violet from Pokemon
Croweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #1399
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
Well if i had my camera i'd do it but i don't have my good one. As far as staying the whole weekend TRUST ME i really do want to. But if i have to pleasure every cosplayer in a 4 mile radius with just my hands >.< i'd almost do it "yes i just said that no i did not mean it." But it gets my point across as to how much i want to attend lmao. Sorry if anyone freaked when i said that. It was only funny to me considering my last post. :P
I'll be honest, didn't even read you saying anything like that so no worries. xD

Croweh: I'd heard of angelwing and liked the Facebook page but she lives quite a bit south of Houston so I didn't think they would be willing to drive up but I suppose I could go ask. As for the other guy, thanks for the suggestion I'll look him up.
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #1400
Hindari
Moop

Hey guys~ I live around the Austin area and going to be going to San Japan the whole weekend. Would love to go to A-kon, but going to Florida the week after for Metrocon and some vacation time so I think that's definitely balances out for missing it xD

I'd love to get to know more people around my area though! Haven't met many at all.

Last edited by Hindari : 05-14-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Hindari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #1401
aragrey
Babyhands

I also recommend Mike Boike if you're in the Houston area. He's a great guy and a fab photographer

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
aragrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #1402
vietgirl018
hibiki

wow! its been a while since i been on this thread. seems like almost everyone is moving up to dallas >.< Doesnt seem like there is alot of houston cosplayers. I was hoping to get some tips from houston cosplayers on making a bodysuit.

Also is anyone from houston area going to anime expo this year?
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #1403
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgirl018 View Post
wow! its been a while since i been on this thread. seems like almost everyone is moving up to dallas >.< Doesnt seem like there is alot of houston cosplayers. I was hoping to get some tips from houston cosplayers on making a bodysuit.

Also is anyone from houston area going to anime expo this year?
Well i know people who can help you but i suck at costume design. Unless it deals with stuff that's not fabric. Also in the San Marcos area though not houston. But close enough and to be honest i have no idea if i can make that con but will try. So maybe you is see me there

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Zero-VK (35%)

Unread 05-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #1404
SeekerLuna
Chibi Attack

what's up with everyone moving to the DFW area? lol Seems like it's the place to be though!
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #1405
aragrey
Babyhands

DFW is totally the place to be!

..:: Dallas Sci-fi Expo & Dallas Comic Con & Anime Matsuri & A-Kon & San Japan & Anime-fest ::..
New This Year
..:: Belldandy & Splicer & Buttercup & Rouge the Bat & Formal Crow & Sailor Mars ::..
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #1406
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragrey View Post
I also recommend Mike Boike if you're in the Houston area. He's a great guy and a fab photographer
Unfortunately he never responded to my email. Oh well, I don't want to spam the guy. xD

Quote:
Hey guys~ I live around the Austin area and going to be going to San Japan the whole weekend. Would love to go to A-kon, but going to Florida the week after for Metrocon and some vacation time so I think that's definitely balances out for missing it xD

I'd love to get to know more people around my area though! Haven't met many at all.
I'll see you there on Saturday! ^_^ What will you be cosplaying?
Unread 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #1407
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerLuna View Post
what's up with everyone moving to the DFW area? lol Seems like it's the place to be though!
I wish i lived in dallas....A-Kon would be so easy to make every year. Sadly i'm in south tx and not much goes on down here unless your in a big city.

Zero-VK (35%)

Unread 05-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #1408
aragrey
Babyhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
I wish i lived in dallas....A-Kon would be so easy to make every year. Sadly i'm in south tx and not much goes on down here unless your in a big city.
Ha ha, I know what you mean. Last week when we had to move out of the dorms at school, pretty much all of us were just moving to various places close to DFW and then there was that one friend that was going to be back down super south, and he said exactly what you did :P

New This Year
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #1409
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragrey View Post
Ha ha, I know what you mean. Last week when we had to move out of the dorms at school, pretty much all of us were just moving to various places close to DFW and then there was that one friend that was going to be back down super south, and he said exactly what you did :P
Yeah it's not really fun. I'm in San Marcos right now and stuck with a program similar to a trade school. >.> in truth the organizational skills of this place are sadly lacking, and because of that it's hard to get things done. I am free on weekends but shit i can't ever go anywhere or spend the weekend out of the dorms because i don't have any friends that live close. -_- hence bordem and crap. I am still looking for members for my cosplay team. The link for the site is in my signature. Drop by i need the traffic lol.

Zero-VK (35%)

Unread 05-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #1410
aragrey
Babyhands

I wonder, did anyone here attend Dallas Comic Con?

New This Year